• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

After Doug Jones, which incumbent is most likely to lose?

Patriotic Voter

Smarter than trolls
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Everyone knows a Doug Jones victory would be Earth-shattering because the state's voters only care about the letter R next to a candidate's name. They don't care about the fact this is Tommy Tuberville's first run for a public office and did nothing except coach football teams before throwing his name in the Republican race. With that said, who would you rank at #2 for most vulnerable Senator seeking re-election? Do you agree with the CNN rankings?

Everyone knows a Doug Jones victory would be Earth-shattering because the state's voters only care about the letter R next to a candidate's name. They don't care about the fact this is Tommy Tuberville's first run for a public office and did nothing except coach football teams before throwing his name in the Republican race. With that said, who would you rank at #2 for most vulnerable Senator seeking re-election? Do you agree with the CNN rankings?
I think the idea ten seats flip is crazy town.

the easiest example is Corey Gardner. I think every other R will hold. I’m 50-50 on Collins. Gardner is certainly going, Collins more likely then not but I won’t call either way. Every other R is a hold. I think every dem other Jones will hold but I think John James can win Michigan if MI repeats 2016 and votes Trump

IMO, McSally, Ernst and Collins will be defeated.

I was happy to Lindsey Graham in the top 10.

McSally is #2 for me.

If the election were today I would pick Jones, Gardner, McSally, Collins, Tillis, and Ernst to lose in roughly that order, although the last two are close to pure tossups in my mind. It would not shock me to see Bullock or Harrison win, but I think each has less than 50% odds. Cornyn, Peters, Marshall, Daines, and Sullivan are all within the realm of possibility to lose, but unlikely.

I expect Warnock to finish first in the Georgia special and Ossoff has about 50/50 odds of finishing ahead of Perdue. But I think Republicans hold both in runoffs.

Gardner, collins, ernst, mcsally, tillis and hopefully graham and mcconnell.

It's sad to see Jones go. I wouldn't feel so bad as an Alabamian if he was losing to someone with some measure of competence, but Tuberville is going to be the most clueless person in the US Senate.

It's sad to see Jones go. I wouldn't feel so bad as an Alabamian if he was losing to someone with some measure of competence, but Tuberville is going to be the most clueless person in the US Senate.
Remember Maizy Hirono is in the senate.

Yeah, Tuberville is worse.
I don’t see how that’s even possible.

Hirono went and accused Amy Coney Barrett of sexual assault out of nowhere during the confirmation hearings.

besides this really doesn’t matter, all a senator really needs to do is vote how the party tells them

I don’t see how that’s even possible.

Hirono went and accused Amy Coney Barrett of sexual assault out of nowhere during the confirmation hearings.

besides this really doesn’t matter, all a senator really needs to do is vote how the party tells them
You should have run, you meet all of the qualifications.

Oh, that would be such a bonus if both trump and Graham lost their seats!

2nd most vulnerable: Cory Gardner

Prepare for the Senate to flip.

BloodyGIF.gif

I'd say, Jones, McSally, Collins, and Gardner, for sure. Likely, Tillis. Maybe Ernst. From there, it is stretches. Apparently that is in line with CNN.

McSally

I'd say, Jones, McSally, Collins, and Gardner, for sure. Likely, Tillis. Maybe Ernst. From there, it is stretches. Apparently that is in line with CNN.
Gardner is further behind than Collins, but either way works. Those two are toast.

Tillis lives in a voter suppression state. And Ernst has a fighters chance to win straight up. The guy in KS is in trouble too, but I’m not holding my breath. I probably feel much the same about Montana.

The Georgia races are interesting as well. Perdue is in trouble. And the Special election is almost certain to head into a run-off.

Back
Top Bottom