• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

After decades, there's finally some little tax increase for billionaires paying 8%. Meet Manchin.

Yet it's the most important and harmful thing in our society. If you don't care about that then you support its effects which ultimately remove freedom and democracy and much more.
Whoa that thing buddy. Don’t tell me what I support or don’t support.

Yes, property taxes are based on a percent of an estimate of the property value.
Not the same thing, and only those ignorant of capital gains will go this route.

Property Taxes = taxes on the value of real estate (vehicle, boat, etc.), whereas capital gains = taxes based on the valuation gained / lossed between the purchase and sell.

@Craig234 Is that last post supposed to mean something? In my view taxes are meant to make the government and related services function, not take money from Johnny because he has more than Susie.

@Craig234 Is that last post supposed to mean something? In my view taxes are meant to make the government and related services function, not take money from Johnny because he has more than Susie.
Obviously you don't care at all about the topic of inequality, so there's no point talking. It would be like trying to talk about the wrongs of Putin's war with someone who doesn't care at all about the Ukrainian lives - sort of how we treat wars like the Saudi war on Yemen.

Obviously you don't care at all about the topic of inequality, so there's no point talking. It would be like trying to talk about the wrongs of Putin's war with someone who doesn't care at all about the Ukrainian lives - sort of how we treat wars like the Saudi war on Yemen.
Yikes. Inequality is unfortunate, but taking money from people ain’t the answer.

Yikes. Inequality is unfortunate, but taking money from people ain’t the answer.
You're proving my point about how there's not much point since you don't give a crap about the problem. One word criticism of 'unfortunate' with no suggestion is not only useless but harmful in pretending it's addressing the topic when really refusing to. You have a typically one-sided view, not seeing what the wealthy do as 'taking wealth' because you don't understand the economic facts.

You're proving my point about how there's not much point since you don't give a crap about the problem. One word criticism of 'unfortunate' with no suggestion is not only useless but harmful in pretending it's addressing the topic when really refusing to. You have a typically one-sided view, not seeing what the wealthy do as 'taking wealth' because you don't understand the economic facts.
I mean, I guess I don't give a crap in the way that you do. Sorry, it's really hard not to think about your Bernie avatar while I type this. Anyway...at the end of the day what I care about is what I have in my bank account, not what Jeff Bezos has in his. You probably think of the world as being that for every dollar Jeff Bezos makes that's one dollar that you can't make. Spoiler alert: that's false.

I mean, I guess I don't give a crap in the way that you do. Sorry, it's really hard not to think about your Bernie avatar while I type this. Anyway...at the end of the day what I care about is what I have in my bank account, not what Jeff Bezos has in his. You probably think of the world as being that for every dollar Jeff Bezos makes that's one dollar that you can't make. Spoiler alert: that's false.
I'll say it for a third time, you just keep showing why discussing the topic with you is a waste of time, because you don't get the economics. You have simple misunderstandings and I suspect it would take a long time to help you learn. It's just unfortunate how that's a common problem and shows why America can't 'self-govern' and is stuck, with a lot of angry people blaming the wrong things, manipulated by paid propaganda.

I'll say it for a third time, you just keep showing why discussing the topic with you is a waste of time, because you don't get the economics. You have simple misunderstandings and I suspect it would take a long time to help you learn. It's just unfortunate how that's a common problem and shows why America can't 'self-govern' and is stuck, with a lot of angry people blaming the wrong things, manipulated by paid propaganda.
Uh huh. Feel the Bern!

Back
Top Bottom