• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

After Biden Sparks "Global Uproar" With Regime Change Comment, Blinken Awkwardly Tries To Walk It Back

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Good grief. Look at all the people it takes to clean up after Mr Dementia Biden. You people should be ashamed of yourselves if you voted for the geriatric.

I forgive you though.

————

Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Sunday while on a visit to Jerusalem to meet with Israeli PM Naftali Bennett continued the White House's efforts to try and clean up the mess unleashed by Joe Biden's words from Warsaw the day prior where he issued statements tantamount to calling for regime change in Russia.

"I think the president, the White House, made the point last night that, quite simply, President Putin cannot be empowered to wage war or engage in aggression against Ukraine or anyone else," Blinken said, clearly trying to greatly alter the plain meaning of the words Biden spoke.

Good grief. Look at all the people it takes to clean up after Mr Dementia Biden. You people should be ashamed of yourselves if you voted for the geriatric.

I forgive you though.

————

Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Sunday while on a visit to Jerusalem to meet with Israeli PM Naftali Bennett continued the White House's efforts to try and clean up the mess unleashed by Joe Biden's words from Warsaw the day prior where he issued statements tantamount to calling for regime change in Russia.

"I think the president, the White House, made the point last night that, quite simply, President Putin cannot be empowered to wage war or engage in aggression against Ukraine or anyone else," Blinken said, clearly trying to greatly alter the plain meaning of the words Biden spoke.

Zerohedge. Tyler Durden.
Anonymous blogs are in a tie with Twitter tweets as the last place anyone should source for news or commentary.

I forgive you though.

————

Biden told Putin this is personal. The walk back gave America deniability.

"I think the president, the White House, made the point last night that, quite simply, President Putin cannot be empowered to wage war or engage in aggression against Ukraine or anyone else." - SOS Blinken.

That was a slick attempt to walk back Biden's gaffe. It almost worked, too.

Just kidding.

You forgive me? For free? How untrumpian.

Stupid rant there dude.

I admire your devotion albeit misplaced.

But then again, it chaps my hide for instance when people move next to the airport then start writing letters to the editor complaining about the noise.

So I respect the silence but I know there’s likely this urge to ‘get it out’.

I admire your devotion albeit misplaced.

But then again, it chaps my hide for instance when people move next to the airport then start writing letters to the editor complaining about the noise.

So I respect the silence but I know there’s likely this urge to ‘get it out’.
Hey, your urges are none of my business.

If y'all would satisfy them occasionally, we wouldn't have "walk back hunters laptop" all over the board for weeks on end

I agree Biden should not have ad libbed outside of his speech especially with a comment like that. Putin was sure to be listening to and this is not a comment that can be walked back. It will fall on deaf ears.

Having said that, everytime the former guy posted one sentence on Twitter, or gave a speech, his comments ALWAYS had to be explained. He spoke in word salad. So happy at least Biden makes sense when he makes comments.

This was as recent as Jan 2022:

Critics On Twitter Mock Trump's Mangled Word Salad At Texas Rally​

Hey, your urges are none of my business.

If y'all would satisfy them occasionally, we wouldn't have "walk back hunters laptop" all over the board for weeks on end
I wonder how much the Russians are relying on Biden’s ‘forgetfulness’ as the article quotes?

I agree Biden should not have ad libbed outside of his speech especially with a comment like that. Putin was sure to be listening to and this is not a comment that can be walked back. It will fall on deaf ears.

Having said that, everytime the former guy posted one sentence on Twitter, or gave a speech, his comments ALWAYS had to be explained. He spoke in word salad. So happy at least Biden makes sense when he makes comments.

This was as recent as Jan 2022:

Critics On Twitter Mock Trump's Mangled Word Salad At Texas Rally​

Biden’s lie about Corn Pop makes sense?

If he never said it, conservatives would be complaining a month from now that he never said it.

I forgive you though.

————

He may be senile, but I agree with the sentiment. I hope Putin is grabbed by his guards and pulled out to the courtyard to be given the Nicolae Ceaușescu treatment.

Of all the things I would sneer at Biden for, this is not one of them.

I forgive you though.

————

Your two other threads about this topic weren't enough?

Biden told Putin this is personal. The walk back gave America deniability.
Putin told the Russian people what they need to do if they want a real country anymore. We will never allow Russia to function as one as long as Putin is in power. Their lives will be even shittier than they were before the invasion.

I forgive you though.

————

You do know this is the same thing Putin is telling the Russians to scare them into supporting the war effort.

I forgive you though.

————

This is not the first (or likely to be the last) time that Blinkin and Biden are delivering different messages on US or NATO policy.

This is not the first (or likely to be the last) time that Blinkin and Biden are delivering different messages on US or NATO policy.

Circle back Jen has had all weekend to come up with some answers. It will make for good TV

I forgive you though.

————

This just yet another example that Biden's mentally off in the weeds and doesn't know what he's talking about.
This is really dangerous, in the present escalated situation. Biden's stray statements could end up with WW III starting. I hope not, but it is clearly a risk he brings with his stray statements.

An administration where the left brain doesn't know what the right hand is doing, and are working at odds with each other.

How much more of this dumpster fire administration do we need to endure?

Circle back Jen has had all weekend to come up with some answers. It will make for good TV
Good TV, but very bad foreign policy, and very bad impressions left with all the other world leaders.

This just yet another example that Biden's mentally off in the weeds and doesn't know what he's talking about.
This is really dangerous, in the present escalated situation. Biden's stray statements could end up with WW III starting. I hope not, but it is clearly a risk he brings with his stray statements.
Really? What did he say you do not agree with? Not strong enough.

Back
Top Bottom