• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

After Biden Sparks "Global Uproar" With Regime Change Comment, Blinken Awkwardly Tries To Walk It Back

Good grief. Look at all the people it takes to clean up after Mr Dementia Biden. You people should be ashamed of yourselves if you voted for the geriatric.

I forgive you though.

————

Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Sunday while on a visit to Jerusalem to meet with Israeli PM Naftali Bennett continued the White House's efforts to try and clean up the mess unleashed by Joe Biden's words from Warsaw the day prior where he issued statements tantamount to calling for regime change in Russia.

"I think the president, the White House, made the point last night that, quite simply, President Putin cannot be empowered to wage war or engage in aggression against Ukraine or anyone else," Blinken said, clearly trying to greatly alter the plain meaning of the words Biden spoke.

They're so damn scared not to piss off Putin, it's pathetic.....good grief. Is it any wonder why Putin invaded now....damn!!!

An administration where the left brain doesn't know what the right hand is doing, and are working at odds with each other.

How much more of this dumpster fire administration do we need to endure?

Almost 3 more years.

Has the globe stopped roaring yet?

Really? What did he say you do not agree with? Not strong enough.
I don't think Biden should have mentioned it at all.

No, not because it isn't true, because it is, but because it's a clear escalation of tensions which could only make matters worse.

Realistically, unless NATO is willing to get into a hot shooting war with Russia over their Ukraine invasion, NATO is going to have to negotiate with Putin to come to some sort of resolution and termination of hostilities. This choice is an either or, is it not?

Since a hot shooting war between NATO and Russian over the Ukraine is far worse a situation than present, negotiation is going to have to be the path forward.

If that is what it's going to be, why make that far harder than it needs to be? You are screwing your own future position and leverage on Putin.
You are going to lose negotiation concessions from Putin. Yes, yes, you'll have to make some concessions as well, but forgetting it ever happened isn't going to be one of them.

Maintain all the sanctions, OK, fine. Some may be negotiated away, some of them will stay. The world economic isolation of Russia, and or the world economic restrictions on Russia are probably going to stay longer term, at least until Putin dies off and I who of the world's nations are to trust Putin's Russia after this?
They aren't going to be where near where they were economically before the invasion.

This is not supporting Putin, nor the invasion, it's called being realistic, and not screwing your own pooch before hand.

I agree Biden should not have ad libbed outside of his speech especially with a comment like that. Putin was sure to be listening to and this is not a comment that can be walked back. It will fall on deaf ears.

Having said that, everytime the former guy posted one sentence on Twitter, or gave a speech, his comments ALWAYS had to be explained. He spoke in word salad. So happy at least Biden makes sense when he makes comments.

This was as recent as Jan 2022:

Critics On Twitter Mock Trump's Mangled Word Salad At Texas Rally​

It's only word salad when rubes will listen to the critics who call it as much.

I don't like Trump, but Biden is a through-and-through moron.

Biden was wrong to say that publicly at this juncture.

Of course it's being walked back. The backwards shuffle is a routine both parties do.

Back
Top Bottom