• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Afrimericans And American Racism Hiding In Plain Sight

AFRIMERICAN said:
YOU JUST EXPOSED YOURSELF. YOU HAVE PROVEN ALL I HAVE WRITTEN PER AMERICAN RACISM HIDING IN PLAIN SIGHT, IN YOU, BY YOU.
YOU DON'T HAVE TO WHERE ANY THING THAT DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU, OR THAT YOU DISAGREE TO/WITH, BUR AS AN AFRIMERICAN, AND AS APERSON EXERCISING MY FREE,"FREE" WILL, YOU ARE LIVID BECAUSE I AND OTHERS LIKE ME DON'T BEND/FOLD TO YOUR DICTATES.
I DON'T SUBSCRIBE TO ANYONE HAVING TO BE LIKE ME OR ANYONE HAVING TO ACCEPT AFRIMERICAN TO DESCRIBE/DEFINE THEM, WHAT I AM SAYING IS IN COMPARISON TO ALL THE TERMS GIVEN TO AFRIMERICANS TO SUBJEGATE, AND IN A SUBORDINATING MANNER THAT DENIED US A SELF CREATED TERM,THE AFRIMERICAN WORD AND DEFINITION IS THE ONLY ACCURATE TERM TO ACADEMICALLY AND LEGALLY DEFINE AFRIMERICANS IN CONTRAST TO OTHER TERMS....THATS FACT, THATS TRUTH THAT STANDS ON IT'S OWN, YOU HAVE THE FREE WILL TO ACCEPT IT OR REJECT IT, BUT TRUTH IS TRUTH AND ONE THAT DENIES TRUTH IN THE FACE OF EVIDENCE IS A LIAR, SO DON'T BE MAD, BE GLAD i'M GIVING YOU INFO TO WAKE YOU UP FROM THE FOG OF LIES YOU HOLD SO DEAR....THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT.

SEEING ME AS & CALLING ME A ------ IS DEFINITELY YOUR CONVICTION, CASE CLOSED.

And who are you talking too?

Who says anyone is free?

Well freedom is a perception we all have. Its about personal definition.

so, afrimerican are you saying that everyone who thinks that everyone should be equal with no special names or subgroups, just americans is racist? just because they think it is not needed, or is racist itself to lable people into a subgroup or category? sounds a bit counter preductive. i would have thought that you would recognize that by seperating yourself, you may be infact demeaning yourself? you should be proud to be an American, and not feel inferior in such a way that you think you need to label youself so that you feel dominate. its important that you identify with your heritage but not so much at the expense of the present. that's my opinion on it.

t125eagle said:
so, afrimerican are you saying that everyone who thinks that everyone should be equal with no special names or subgroups, just americans is racist? just because they think it is not needed, or is racist itself to lable people into a subgroup or category? sounds a bit counter preductive. i would have thought that you would recognize that by seperating yourself, you may be infact demeaning yourself? you should be proud to be an American, and not feel inferior in such a way that you think you need to label youself so that you feel dominate. its important that you identify with your heritage but not so much at the expense of the present. that's my opinion on it.

Bingo:2wave:

AFRIMERICAN said:
YOU JUST EXPOSED YOURSELF. YOU HAVE PROVEN ALL I HAVE WRITTEN PER AMERICAN RACISM HIDING IN PLAIN SIGHT, IN YOU, BY YOU.
YOU DON'T HAVE TO WHERE ANY THING THAT DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU, OR THAT YOU DISAGREE TO/WITH, BUR AS AN AFRIMERICAN, AND AS APERSON EXERCISING MY FREE,"FREE" WILL, YOU ARE LIVID BECAUSE I AND OTHERS LIKE ME DON'T BEND/FOLD TO YOUR DICTATES.
I DON'T SUBSCRIBE TO ANYONE HAVING TO BE LIKE ME OR ANYONE HAVING TO ACCEPT AFRIMERICAN TO DESCRIBE/DEFINE THEM, WHAT I AM SAYING IS IN COMPARISON TO ALL THE TERMS GIVEN TO AFRIMERICANS TO SUBJEGATE, AND IN A SUBORDINATING MANNER THAT DENIED US A SELF CREATED TERM,THE AFRIMERICAN WORD AND DEFINITION IS THE ONLY ACCURATE TERM TO ACADEMICALLY AND LEGALLY DEFINE AFRIMERICANS IN CONTRAST TO OTHER TERMS....THATS FACT, THATS TRUTH THAT STANDS ON IT'S OWN, YOU HAVE THE FREE WILL TO ACCEPT IT OR REJECT IT, BUT TRUTH IS TRUTH AND ONE THAT DENIES TRUTH IN THE FACE OF EVIDENCE IS A LIAR, SO DON'T BE MAD, BE GLAD i'M GIVING YOU INFO TO WAKE YOU UP FROM THE FOG OF LIES YOU HOLD SO DEAR....THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT.

SEEING ME AS & CALLING ME A NIGGER IS DEFINITELY YOUR CONVICTION, CASE CLOSED.

YOU JUST EXPOSED YOURSELF. YOU HAVE PROVEN THAT YOU ARE SHORT MINDED AND HAVE NO SENSE OF EQUILIBRIUM. IT WAS OBVIOUS THAT HE WASN'T SAYING NIGGER IN CONTEXT OF CALLING YOU OR ANYBODY A NIGGER. HE WAS ILLUSTRATING THE POINT THAT WHAT MAY SEEM, IN THE SHORT TERM, TO BE A PROCLAIMATION OF SOLIDARITY WILL IN THE LONG TERM PROLIFERATE THE IDEA/CONCEPT OF "THE OTHER" AND WHEN EQUATED TO WHITE RACISM, YOUR PREMISE'S PARTISANSHIP IS MADE CLEAR AND YOU BECOME DEFENSIVE, RESORTING TO ACCUSATIONS OF POLITICAL INCORRECTNESS. THEREFORE I HAVE ABSOLUTE MORAL AUTHORITY/IMPUNITY AND I'LL ALWAYS BE RIGHT AND YOU'LL ALWAYS BE WRONG FOREVER AND EVER AND ALWAYS BECAUSE I USE ALL CAPS AND WRITE LIKE/THIS.

I WANT VIVICA FOX TO TOUCH ME. CASE CLOSED.

HTColeman said:
Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Soo....that goes to prove my point, that just because abortion is legal doesn't mean that everyone thinks that it is okay. Just because many states don't have capital punishment, that doesn't mean that many people don't have an eye for an eye mentality.

So how does your argument about Supreme Court stuff fit into all of this?

I was making a point that Abortion was never put to a vote and in actuality the majority of Americans oppose abortion if you didn't know. Furthermore the Death Penalty is a decision which is left up to the individual states vis a vis amendment x of the constitution, the same way that abortion should be, however, even if abortion was put to a vote by the individual states and it passed it would still be a violation of the constitution in that it violates amendment 14 which states that a persons life, liberty, or property cannot be taken without due process. Aborition is unconstitutional and a violation of the Bill of Rights anyway you slice it.

iamjack said:
I WANT VIVICA FOX TO TOUCH ME. CASE CLOSED.
Case reopened...

We're going by "number of posts"...line forms to the left....:2wave:

AFRIMERICAN said:

Calm down Wasabi, I was reading some things on the site you posted, and talked about 'African-American' not being a proper term, saying no one asked you and there was no poll taken. I have to say the same about afrimerican, i wasn't asked nor do I remember any poll. So how can you assert that this is the best term for the black race? Also, skilmatic's sarcasm is not basis for racism, you're reaching.

Stu Ghatze said:
Slavery has been over for more than 140 years, ..so get your head out of your backsides..please!

And bt the way, ..NO..blacks were NOT the only race of people that were ever in bondage, ..& in fact, it was a common practice among ALL races.

Not to mention the fact that black slavery STILL exists in Africa in some parts, ..& iTS EVEN PRACTICED BY BLACKS AGAINST BLACKS, & in fact TODAY in the SUDAN region MUSLIM ARABS ARE ENSLAVING, & MURDERING BLACKS AT THIS VERY MOMENT!

NO RACE ON EARTH HAS EVER BEEN HELPED MORE THAN THE AMERICAN NEGROE, financially, politically, & by the media...& whether you like it or not, ..by millions upon millions of whites who also helped to end the scourge of slavery & racism!

You insult nearly the whole population of America by your snide comments; ..but of course it pays to always want to see yourself as the victim of everybody else, ..as many blacks continue to do!

Clue: if it was not for whites you people NEVER would have been set free!

Now grow up, & stop your whining...it isn't about racism, ..its more about the constant whining, & complaining & the constant idiotic charges of racism that is drawing anger from white folks.

The only angry white man I see is you, others have disagreed, but none have discredited the black race. For some reason, whenever slavery is mentioned, or race for that matter, some white people, like you, get extremely defensive and try to justify it. Why can't we talk about slavery, as you said it happened in alot of countries (not that it justifies it, if everyone jumped off a bridge...) so you shouldn't get so defensive about it, so America doesn't have a spotless history, justifying it doesn't make the present any better nor does it erase the past.

You also said slavery ended 140 years ago, legally. If only it were that simple, pass a law banning slavery and everyone is equal, but thats not how it worked out. Blacks have only gained full, legally, equal citizenship 30 years ago. The Civil Rights Act was passed in 1964, but many southern states did not recognize or practice it until the 70s.

All in all, I don't need a political name to define me, I am me and I am black, I would like to get to a place in society where people can accept that without getting defensive, and declaring racial war does not ever help.

Re : Skilmatic # 173
The Balkanization of Americans into hyphanated -Americans is a bunch of leftist PC garbage.
Whoopie Goldberg was on a black inerview show and the host called her an, African-American .She stoped him right there ! She said my family has been here for 5 generations we are, Americans,period. I thought the host would have a heart attack.
Shows even some liberals have common sense.

Re : Skilmatic # 173
The Balkanization of Americans into hyphanated -Americans is a bunch of leftist PC garbage.
Whoopie Goldberg was on a black inerview show and the host called her an, African-American .She stoped him right there ! She said my family has been here for 5 generations we are, Americans,period. I thought the host would have a heart attack.
Shows even some liberals have common sense.

I am so thrilled to hear that. I think the same way. No one is asain american or latin american or german american or african american. We are 1 nation key word "1" nation under God there fore we are one people which is Americans. People need to start disassociating themselves with color.

skillmatic, johny j. i agree with you all. why cant we all just get along? lol

the only time I agree that are asian american, german american, whatever is if they are 1st generation and just left their country to come to the US. after that, you are american.

t125eagle said:
skillmatic, johny j. i agree with you all. why cant we all just get along? lol

I HAVE NO IDEA WHY. But maybe it has to do with disasociation that afriamerican so proudly speaks of.

AFRIMERICAN said:
Go To A Poor Black Neighborhood And Live There For A Year, Then Report Here What It Is Like, Until Then You Are Not Qualified To Discuss This.

I am white and even though I have not lived in a poor black neighborhood. I have lived in a poor white neighborhood. My six year old was born with heart problems and was severely ill as an infant. He spent the first year of his life in the hospital. As a result of that I lost my decent paying job and in turn lost my home (foreclosure). I could not work due spending weeks in the hospital with him. I had to resort to gov. housing, gov. benefits etc........ My parents are farely well off, but I was too proud to impose on them.

What does this have to do with Katrina? EVERYTHING. People are in unfortunate situations for all kinds of reasons, whether they are white or black. My heart went out to those people, because it could have been me and my son as we had nothing as well. I don't think being black has a thing to do with it as New Orleans is predominantly black anyway. It can be considered a welfare city, but so can the city I live in even though it is predominantly white. There is not a whole lot of industry here.

I have gained an education in Nursing, married an Attorney and had another healthy baby. There is hope for everyone. Give those people a break who were already unfortunate anyway. Who knows what adversity has been bestowed upon them.

alphieb said:
I am white and even though I have not lived in a poor black neighborhood. I have lived in a poor white neighborhood. My six year old was born with heart problems and was severely ill as an infant. He spent the first year of his life in the hospital. As a result of that I lost my decent paying job and in turn lost my home (foreclosure). I could not work due spending weeks in the hospital with him. I had to resort to gov. housing, gov. benefits etc........ My parents are farely well off, but I was too proud to impose on them.

What does this have to do with Katrina? EVERYTHING. People are in unfortunate situations for all kinds of reasons, whether they are white or black. My heart went out to those people, because it could have been me and my son as we had nothing as well. I don't think being black has a thing to do with it as New Orleans is predominantly black anyway. It can be considered a welfare city, but so can the city I live in even though it is predominantly white. There is not a whole lot of industry here.

I have gained an education in Nursing, married an Attorney and had another healthy baby. There is hope for everyone. Give those people a break who were already unfortunate anyway. Who knows what adversity has been bestowed upon them.

This is an awesome point. You see there are people in this country that merit some help and then there are others that dont. I mean this guy had everything and he was doing well until he had his kid who had problems. Now I have no problem that my money would go to him in the forrm of aid. This individual instead go back to mommy and daddy would make it on his own despite complications. I hope you are seeking all the help you can get cause I hope they give it to ya.

Now on the flipside, some black people expect handouts that dont merit them in the form of pitty. These individuals should be smacked up the side of the head and thrown back in their domains. Gov aid should only go to people who merit it like alphieb. God bless your soul and may god bless your child. You may not beleive in god or whatever but I will still pray for you and your kid. In this world all we have is hope. Just think of my prayers as professions of hope.

SKILMATIC said:
This is an awesome point. You see there are people in this country that merit some help and then there are others that dont. I mean this guy had everything and he was doing well until he had his kid who had problems. Now I have no problem that my money would go to him in the forrm of aid. This individual instead go back to mommy and daddy would make it on his own despite complications. I hope you are seeking all the help you can get cause I hope they give it to ya.

Now on the flipside, some black people expect handouts that dont merit them in the form of pitty. These individuals should be smacked up the side of the head and thrown back in their domains. Gov aid should only go to people who merit it like alphieb. God bless your soul and may god bless your child. You may not beleive in god or whatever but I will still pray for you and your kid. In this world all we have is hope. Just think of my prayers as professions of hope.

Thank you very much,

That gov. assiatance was 5 years ago, with that I obtained an education and am now a tax payer owning my own home....etc. My son is doing excellant. The blacks are not the only individuals taking advantage of the system though. It is blacks and whites, as I am a witness. I live in a poor WHITE community. I see eye to eye with you on that issue though...trust me. I hate people with their hands out looking for donations. It makes me sick.

alphieb said:
Thank you very much,

That gov. assiatance was 5 years ago, with that I obtained an education and am now a tax payer owning my own home....etc. My son is doing excellant. The blacks are not the only individuals taking advantage of the system though. It is blacks and whites, as I am a witness. I live in a poor WHITE community. I see eye to eye with you on that issue though...trust me. I hate people with their hands out looking for donations. It makes me sick.
O I KNOW ITS NOT JUST THE BLACKS. Its actually the whites too and every other race for that matter. However, blacks like to play the race card more than others and the pitty reparation card too. This is a bunch of bologna.

SKILMATIC said:
O I KNOW ITS NOT JUST THE BLACKS. Its actually the whites too and every other race for that matter. However, blacks like to play the race card more than others and the pitty reparation card too. This is a bunch of bologna.

I know, but I don't want to offend anyone. I know some very respectable, educated black people. Blacks have every opportunity to better themselves now. There is no excuses.

Well from the looks of the poll HTColeman I was right. I would also like to say that you were a great sport and I appreciate your maturity in the whole thing. I respect you very much for that. Thank you

alphieb said:

That was my point about the whole Katrina thing, many poor people in N.O. are black, and as poor people may not have a way out, the poor (who were black) were left behind.

SKILMATIC said:
Well from the looks of the poll HTColeman I was right. I would also like to say that you were a great sport and I appreciate your maturity in the whole thing. I respect you very much for that. Thank you

Yea, yea, I'll concede. As far as blacks who look for handouts, I think that is just people. You could call me a bit cynical, but many people will take advantage of a situation if they can, regardless of race. Some blacks play the race card b/c they can, if whites or asians or anyone else could play the race card, effectively, they would. Politicians take advantage of situations, business elite take advantage, poor take advantage, etc.

HTColeman said:
Yea, yea, I'll concede. As far as blacks who look for handouts, I think that is just people. You could call me a bit cynical, but many people will take advantage of a situation if they can, regardless of race. Some blacks play the race card b/c they can, if whites or asians or anyone else could play the race card, effectively, they would. Politicians take advantage of situations, business elite take advantage, poor take advantage, etc.

Thnak you. I appreciate that. And I agree with your post.

AFRIMERICAN said:

I read all your posts and none of the are true! Its pure Bullshit, especially going to the bottom and playing the race card. Go back to your meaningless fight with the new black panthers

AFRIMERICAN said:
As I have watched, and looked at all the various news profiles of the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, specifically the plight of 750,000 Afrimerican people, or more, of the city of New Orleans that were left in a destitute, and desperate state of want and need, and of how little the government did to respond to such in an expedient manner, and how, even in such limited responses as are in action presently, I am appalled at the minimalistic approach taken, which in looking at the big picture, now seems more of a saving face spin control, and photo op to appear concerned, rather than a real full scale address of/to the problem before, and presently at hand.
The truth is, even now as this is written, Afrimericans, in and from New Orleans, Mississippi, and other Gulf Coast, and Southern cities hit hardest by the Hurricane are destitute, families are split apart not knowing where each other are, personal property per ones personal, and generational history is lost, ones customs and traditions are disrupted and in a state of radical change, and while all the world news medias see and discuss and broadcast the blatant governmental and corporate racism and bigotry of all facets of same, the American media white washes, and downplays the racial side, and promotes the politically correct ,and polite line like all is well, and all is being done that can be done and thats a lie.
Before writing this, I had to wait a few days to calm down , because any blind person can see the outright disregard American leaders in all strata of the business that is, and in America have per concern for Afrimericans, and it wasn't until foreign news services started pointed it out that those entities took action, and the actions taken are the bare minimum, and mark my words, that is intentful and designed to create an opening by way of natural disaster for the American government to further disenfranchise Afrimerican people.
I was curious of how the response to this compared to the response to the world trade center bombing, and what I read over and over was how people were running to the scene of the world trade center crisis to be of help to those in need, even while the buildings were still falling, and the degree of uncertainty(?) was still high, people, everyone, public, private, corporate, and government, ran to the aid of those people immediately, and didn't stop digging, searching, and helping for weeks, months, but in the case and cause of Hurricane Katrina, per the majority affected being Afrimerican, the response was null until they could not be ignored, and even now the relief response is miniscule and symbolic, anemic and purposeful in acting out the dynamics of institutional racism long been engaged to create and feed the barrier of/from equal access and equal treatment, or equal consideration as given all other race/ethnic groups of America.
And it is further disheartening and disrurbing to hear these same 750,000 Americans, Afrimerican, live on $8,000.00 a year or less, and this is not an isolated area where this occurs. A good 70% of all Afrimericans live on that, and sadly even in America The average Afrimerican lives one, or two levels below the poverty line, and barely above third world conditions, and to be fair 50% of that figure are in jail or on parole and subject to being jailed at any given time, and they live on less because of the laws that were enacted within the last seven years that if you have a felony , or any arrest, and you don't have a five year legitimate work and educational history you can't/won't be hired....,It's all indicative of the racism noted earlier and the well planned and engaed operation by the powers that be to make Afrimericans a permanent underclass in a country Afrimericans fought and died for from it's inception, and help build.
Hurricane Katrina puts the spotlight on Americas Racism, everyone can see it, for example, an aircraft carrier can house and care for thousand and is fully equipped with everything, yet none were dispatched, all the major corporations have helicopters but not one have sent their helicopter to help the people, the "BLACK" people devastated by this catastrophe, Halliburton is already designed to feed tens of thousands at a time, no word from Halliburton, you have all types of boatmakers, and boaters with large boats that didn't and won't show up, why?
Afrimerican people by and large don't have those resources at hand or on command, and it's not just because of the Hurricane, it's because America has engaged in a very deft and intentful action of restrictive practices under the guise of laws, and false projections carried out and refined over decades, and outside of the very real day to day tragedy the Afrimerican victims of Hurricane Katrina suffered, and still suffer, the relative, long term tragedy is yet to be seen because the United States will use this to further disenfranchise Afrimericans, and hide behind phoney looks of concern, politically correct spin control, and in the end blame Afrimericans for the plight they're in which is the key element of white supremist racist strategy, blame the victim...
Right now it's to early, and they are in a save face denial, fed by we weren't prepared, we don't have the resources, we don't have this or that, but as soon as that phase is done and they've get their buddies set up to administer a systematic and specific aid to the people who suffered the most from this crisis, they'll make up rules and requirements that will restrict access to such aid, and they'll blame the victim.
I'm so pissed of I can't write without being repititious so I'll Stop now. but remember you read it here first, so when it happens, don't be surprised

Don't forget the unbelievably RACIST comments that Barbara Bush made so innocently in front of the entire nation. But that's what we get for even interviewing such a small minded person (even though she looks like the Quaker Oats man).

What's unbelievable to me is that with these meager earnings and pandemic corruption in the administration that keeps punishing these people, that some of us still WONDER why crime is so pervasive. I can tell you that if it were ME that was had such lack of opportunity in many instances I wouldn't think twice about looting a store. When you whole life is based on 8000 a year, the idea of dealing drugs would be one of the only opportunities for monetary gain, yet they're punished for it.

Basic needs are not met for such unfortunates, yeah --'Fredom and Liberty for All', IF you can f-in' afford it. -- But NOT for the over 3 million people incarcerated in the US. We're number 1, with more prisoners than Russia and China and most of them on petty drug charges. The majority were just trying to do the only thing they could with the opportunities available to them to get ahead in life.

AK_Conservative said:
I read all your posts and none of the are true! Its pure Bullshit, especially going to the bottom and playing the race card. Go back to your meaningless fight with the new black panthers

Coming from you, that doesn't mean much. You can't respond with any kind of factual evidence when you don't agree with something, you simply resort to namecalling and assinine petty metaphors.

So tell me, after the 9/11 bombing, why do you think Bush offered any and all of the people who would house those who lost apts from the bombing so many dollars in a SPLIT SECOND!?? huh?

He didn't do any such thing in the aftermath of Katrina. To me, it looked like pure GUILT was the reasoning of responding to quickly and efficiently to house and make reparations to those who had losses after 9/11. But the first day after Katrina, Bush was out playing golf -- AFTER he'd heard the news.

Back
Top Bottom