• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Africas Terrorist Groups and Affiliates.....

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Know anything about What Terrorists are in Africa? Lets try and get the names of these guys and what they are about. Get up as much info as we can on them.

Since the major attack has been in Kenya I will start with.....al Shabab.

10 things to know about Somali militants al-Shabab.....

WHAT IS AL-SHABAB?

Al-Shabab is an extremist Islamic terrorist force that grew out of the anarchy that crippled Somalia after warlords ousted a longtime dictator in 1991. Its name means "The Youth" in Arabic, and it was a splinter youth wing of a weak Islamic Courts Union government created in 2006 to establish a fundamentalist Islamic state in the East African nation. Al-Shabab is estimated to have several thousand fighters, including a few hundred foreign fighters. Some of the insurgents' foreign fighters are from the Middle East with experience in the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts. Others are young, raw recruits from Somali communities in the United States and Europe. U.S. officials have expressed fears that militants fleeing Afghanistan and Pakistan could seek refuge in Somalia.

WHERE IS AL-SHABAB?

Al-Shabab won control of almost all of Somalia's capital, Mogadishu, in 2006, and held large swathes of central and southern Somalia until a United Nations-backed force from the African Union, including soldiers from neighboring Kenya and Uganda, pushed the militants out of the city in 2011 and out of the vital port of Kismayo in 2012. The rebels still control many rural areas in Somalia where it imposes strict Shariah law, including stoning to death women accused of adultery and amputating the hands of accused thieves. In addition it has staged deadly suicide bomb attacks on Mogadishu and Kismayo.....snip~

10 things to know about Somali militants al-Shabab

What we don't know is how many fighters they have other than it is in the thousands. Al-Shabab and al-Qaida in February 2012 announced their alliance. with al-Shabab leader Mukhtar Abu Zubair pledging allegiance to the global terror movement.

Shhhh. If Obama finds out about this, we'll be opening up a new war front every week.

Putin has no interest in Africa so he won't be a threat with a new war front.

Shhhh. If Obama finds out about this, we'll be opening up a new war front every week.

To late SB.....did you read the link? Moreover.....Team Obama is reopening the Embassy in Somalia.

U.S. ROLE IN THE FIGHT AGAINST AL-SHABAB?

The United States backed the first African intervention against al-Shabab, supporting Ethopian troops that invaded in 2006. Washington has given millions of dollars to support the U.N.-backed African force fighting al-Shabab, which it designated a foreign terrorist organization in 2008. The intervention from Ethiopia, a longtime enemy of Somalia, is considered to have radicalized al-Shabab and perhaps pushed it into the arms of al-Qaida, according to the U.S.-based Center for Strategic and International Studies.

WHAT INSPIRES THEM?

Al-Shabab is inspired by the Saudi Arabian Wahabi version of Islam though most Somalis belong to the more moderate Sufi strain. While they initially won popularity with Somalis by promising security and stability after years of lawlessness and violence, al-Shabab's destruction of Sufi shrines has cost them much support among locals.....snip~

To late SB.....did you read the link? Moreover.....Team Obama is reopening the Embassy in Somalia.

U.S. ROLE IN THE FIGHT AGAINST AL-SHABAB?

The United States backed the first African intervention against al-Shabab, supporting Ethopian troops that invaded in 2006. Washington has given millions of dollars to support the U.N.-backed African force fighting al-Shabab, which it designated a foreign terrorist organization in 2008. The intervention from Ethiopia, a longtime enemy of Somalia, is considered to have radicalized al-Shabab and perhaps pushed it into the arms of al-Qaida, according to the U.S.-based Center for Strategic and International Studies.

WHAT INSPIRES THEM?

Al-Shabab is inspired by the Saudi Arabian Wahabi version of Islam though most Somalis belong to the more moderate Sufi strain. While they initially won popularity with Somalis by promising security and stability after years of lawlessness and violence, al-Shabab's destruction of Sufi shrines has cost them much support among locals.....snip~

Great. Well, lets hope we don't have to invade. As far as backing forces, I'm OK with that PROVIDED one side is CLEARLY friendly to us and is trying to do the right thing.

As for opening an embassy, well, why not. There actually is a small amount of civilization in Somalia. I even collect Somalian cat coins (made in Poland...) but I'm fine with recognizing any amount of government they can put together. I can only imagine what life is like there - probably like Haiti.

Great. Well, lets hope we don't have to invade. As far as backing forces, I'm OK with that PROVIDED one side is CLEARLY friendly to us and is trying to do the right thing.

As for opening an embassy, well, why not. There actually is a small amount of civilization in Somalia. I even collect Somalian cat coins (made in Poland...) but I'm fine with recognizing any amount of government they can put together. I can only imagine what life is like there - probably like Haiti.

Is this a sign of strength by al shababb, or a sign of its weakness?

Is this a sign of strength by al shababb, or a sign of its weakness?

I haven't invested enough time in this topic to have the right to an opinion.

Cat coins are a sign of strength.

I am not so optimistic when we don't even know how many al Shabab has. Nor who their Command structure is. Or who is aligned with them.

Which we don't have exactly a shining example to work off with what our dealings have been in Somalia.

Also I am sure there is no doubt we would like to get an Embassy up and get some of that good ole American business going.....open some malls Right?

I am not so optimistic when we don't even know how many al Shabab has. Nor who their Command structure is. Or who is aligned with them.

Which we don't have exactly a shining example to work off with what our dealings have been in Somalia.

Also I am sure there is no doubt we would like to get an Embassy up and get some of that good ole American business going.....open some malls Right?

Cat coins. That's my vision of the future of Somalia. Want a watch? Go to Switzerland. Want a beer? Go to Germany. A Danish? Go to Denmark. Want a cat coin? Somalia, the crown jewel of cat coinage.

:roll:

Cat coins. That's my vision of the future of Somalia. Want a watch? Go to Switzerland. Want a beer? Go to Germany. A Danish? Go to Denmark. Want a cat coin? Somalia, the crown jewel of cat coinage.

:roll:

Well, truthfully I am not just looking at Somalia alone and their terrorists. I just started with these guys since they were all up in this News 3 day news cycle. Knowing who their alliances are would be nice. At least with this one they pointed out how much money was in the connection. Despite their setbacks. That much money just doesn't disappear into the clear blue. From the link.

WHERE DOES AL-SHABAB'S MONEY COME FROM?

Before African troops moved in, al-Shabab was making a steady income from duties and fees levied at ports and airports as well as extorting taxes on domestic produce and demanding "jihadi" contributions. A United Nations report estimated al-Shabab's income in 2011 at between $70 million and $100 million. It has lost most of that revenue since it was forced out of Mogadishu and Kismayo. Al-Shabab's only ally in Africa is Eritrea — which backs it to counter its enemy Ethiopia, which also has troops in Somalia. Eritrea denies charges that it helps arm al-Shabab.....snip~

Hopefully, we can get those around here when they come across such elements that they can drop some more info in here. Or for those that know about the groups and what they are about. Its pretty much for all the Terrorist groups in Africa and what they are about and whats behind them.

Btw I don't believe that's their only Ally.

Know anything about What Terrorists are in Africa? Lets try and get the names of these guys and what they are about. Get up as much info as we can on them.

Since the major attack has been in Kenya I will start with.....al Shabab.

10 things to know about Somali militants al-Shabab.....

WHAT IS AL-SHABAB?

Al-Shabab is an extremist Islamic terrorist force that grew out of the anarchy that crippled Somalia after warlords ousted a longtime dictator in 1991. Its name means "The Youth" in Arabic, and it was a splinter youth wing of a weak Islamic Courts Union government created in 2006 to establish a fundamentalist Islamic state in the East African nation. Al-Shabab is estimated to have several thousand fighters, including a few hundred foreign fighters. Some of the insurgents' foreign fighters are from the Middle East with experience in the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts. Others are young, raw recruits from Somali communities in the United States and Europe. U.S. officials have expressed fears that militants fleeing Afghanistan and Pakistan could seek refuge in Somalia.

WHERE IS AL-SHABAB?

Al-Shabab won control of almost all of Somalia's capital, Mogadishu, in 2006, and held large swathes of central and southern Somalia until a United Nations-backed force from the African Union, including soldiers from neighboring Kenya and Uganda, pushed the militants out of the city in 2011 and out of the vital port of Kismayo in 2012. The rebels still control many rural areas in Somalia where it imposes strict Shariah law, including stoning to death women accused of adultery and amputating the hands of accused thieves. In addition it has staged deadly suicide bomb attacks on Mogadishu and Kismayo.....snip~

10 things to know about Somali militants al-Shabab

What we don't know is how many fighters they have other than it is in the thousands. Al-Shabab and al-Qaida in February 2012 announced their alliance. with al-Shabab leader Mukhtar Abu Zubair pledging allegiance to the global terror movement.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Kenyans take the lead on a large AU response to this with us providing some logistics etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Kenyans take the lead on a large AU response to this with us providing some logistics etc.

I don't think they really will be in a position to do much.....despite the Israeli Advisors and the UK RRF Team, being round to help out.

Kenya Election 2013: Alleged War Criminal Could Be Country's Next President.....

Kenyatta, who with a little more than 40% of the vote counted, is ahead at 53% to 42% over his main opposition, Prime Minister Raila Odinga. Kenyatta has been accused of organizing death squads to target rival ethnic groups after the last presidential election in 2007. Following the election, claims of vote fraud and ballot-rigging had led to a nationwide war between Odinga’s supporters, the current prime minister who had lost the presidential bid back then, and President Mwai Kibaki’s supporters. Over 1,200 people had been killed in clashes until a power-sharing agreement was reached, in which Kibaki assumed his role as president and made Odinga prime minister. Kenyatta, who belongs to Kibaki’s political party and ethnic group, was given the role of deputy prime minister.

Now, as Odinga is poised for yet another loss, the voters rightfully fear that the country may slip into massive violence again following the 2007 election. Voters also fear that if Kenyatta wins, the country will face sanctions which will hurt Kenya economically. The U.S. and other Western allies of Kenya have warned of the “consequences” Kenyans face if Kenyatta is elected.....snip~

Kenya Election 2013: Alleged War Criminal Could Be Country's Next President

Although, Ecofarm should be up on much of what is taking place with Kenya. We also have to keep an eye open with the French since they filed for Enforceable Action Resolutions on central Republic of Africa/ Congo. Which lets not forget they have the Mali issue still going on as well.

I don't think they really will be in a position to do much.....despite the Israeli Advisors and the UK RRF Team, being round to help out.

Kenya Election 2013: Alleged War Criminal Could Be Country's Next President.....

Kenyatta, who with a little more than 40% of the vote counted, is ahead at 53% to 42% over his main opposition, Prime Minister Raila Odinga. Kenyatta has been accused of organizing death squads to target rival ethnic groups after the last presidential election in 2007. Following the election, claims of vote fraud and ballot-rigging had led to a nationwide war between Odinga’s supporters, the current prime minister who had lost the presidential bid back then, and President Mwai Kibaki’s supporters. Over 1,200 people had been killed in clashes until a power-sharing agreement was reached, in which Kibaki assumed his role as president and made Odinga prime minister. Kenyatta, who belongs to Kibaki’s political party and ethnic group, was given the role of deputy prime minister.

Now, as Odinga is poised for yet another loss, the voters rightfully fear that the country may slip into massive violence again following the 2007 election. Voters also fear that if Kenyatta wins, the country will face sanctions which will hurt Kenya economically. The U.S. and other Western allies of Kenya have warned of the “consequences” Kenyans face if Kenyatta is elected.....snip~

Kenya Election 2013: Alleged War Criminal Could Be Country's Next President

Although, Ecofarm should be up on much of what is taking place with Kenya. We also have to keep an eye open with the French since they filed for Enforceable Action Resolutions on central Republic of Africa/ Congo. Which lets not forget they have the Mali issue still going on as well.

All good info. I guess my main point is that it seems when Somalia gets a little too out of control, its neighbors have a habit of doing something about it.

All good info. I guess my main point is that it seems when Somalia gets a little too out of control, its neighbors have a habit of doing something about it.

I know what you mean.....but here the US hasn't changed much with our perception. I rather let the Brits go and jump in with Kenya. We don't need to get involved with Somalia either, no money to waste. Time for us to start focusing on whats in our Backyard. Central and South America, IMO!

Somalia has been in open civil war for 20 years or more. I say open because untila few years ago, they barely had any government to speak of. Even now, they have a pseudo-democratic govt, which while it is efficient by african standards, it's not really democratic. I mean, it is democratic by african standards but not really democratic.

You have the islamists who want to implement sharia law on one side, a faux pro-democracy republican forces ( I say faux because they're as pro-democracy as the shallow end of a pool) on another side and a whole lot of factions who are not directly implemented in the war but who have taken control of outer regions in Somalia and use them for drugs and human trafficking and god knows what else. And nobody is tackling this issue because they are too strong. of course, they don't care who wins the civil war because they'll just buy out whoever does and carry on like nothing happened.

But it does seem that in the past 2 years, african union forces have been pushing the islamists back. But at what costs? The civilzed world has literally no real info of that area. Medicines sans frontiers (doctors without borders) were forced to leave. They were the only ones who could keep tabs on what was going on in that ****hole from a human rights and healthcare perspective and help that situation. At least in the regions where they could operate.

We know that both sides did massacres and genocides. We all know what the kenyans are known for and they're providing the most direct military support with armies. There is no good side. No good guys in there. Sure you can make a case that the republican forces are better than the islamists... but that's not even picking the lesser of 2 evils. It's just picking the evil that is more familiar... that has a government and you can make treaties with them.

Let the african union sort out their **** in their own backyards. America is bankrupt and the social divide between people is huge. Just huge. A few European countries are barely keeping their heads above water. A military intervention in Somalia, at the size of that country and knowing the enemy (say we join the republicans) it will be another 5-10 years of war. The islamists are basically holding an area half the size of iraq.

Somalia has been in open civil war for 20 years or more. I say open because untila few years ago, they barely had any government to speak of. Even now, they have a pseudo-democratic govt, which while it is efficient by african standards, it's not really democratic. I mean, it is democratic by african standards but not really democratic.

You have the islamists who want to implement sharia law on one side, a faux pro-democracy republican forces ( I say faux because they're as pro-democracy as the shallow end of a pool) on another side and a whole lot of factions who are not directly implemented in the war but who have taken control of outer regions in Somalia and use them for drugs and human trafficking and god knows what else. And nobody is tackling this issue because they are too strong. of course, they don't care who wins the civil war because they'll just buy out whoever does and carry on like nothing happened.

But it does seem that in the past 2 years, african union forces have been pushing the islamists back. But at what costs? The civilzed world has literally no real info of that area. Medicines sans frontiers (doctors without borders) were forced to leave. They were the only ones who could keep tabs on what was going on in that ****hole from a human rights and healthcare perspective and help that situation. At least in the regions where they could operate.

We know that both sides did massacres and genocides. We all know what the kenyans are known for and they're providing the most direct military support with armies. There is no good side. No good guys in there. Sure you can make a case that the republican forces are better than the islamists... but that's not even picking the lesser of 2 evils. It's just picking the evil that is more familiar... that has a government and you can make treaties with them.

Let the african union sort out their **** in their own backyards. America is bankrupt and the social divide between people is huge. Just huge. A few European countries are barely keeping their heads above water. A military intervention in Somalia, at the size of that country and knowing the enemy (say we join the republicans) it will be another 5-10 years of war. The islamists are basically holding an area half the size of iraq.

Heya RM. :2wave: Know of any others inside Africa that are like Al Shabab? We should get some maps up to. This way we will see if they are able to cross over borders and if they are involved with others.

On 28 September 2012, Kenyan AMISOM forces, assisted by forces from the Somali National Army and the Ras Kamboni militia, launched an amphibious offensive on Kismayo, the last Al-Shabaab controlled city.[119][120] Al-Shabaab forces withdrew from the city the next day, although the AMISOM forces have not yet moved in.[121]
Operation Linda Nchi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

While Al-Shabaab has been reduced in power and size since the beginning of the coordinated operation against it by the Somalian military and the Kenyan army, the group has continued its efforts at recruitment and territorial control. The outfit maintains training camps in areas near Kismayo in the southern regions of Somalia. One such camp was constructed in Laanta Bur village near Afgooye, which is also where the former K-50 airport is located.[75] On July 11, 2012, Somali federal troops and their AMISOM allies captured the area from the militants.[76]
Al-Shabaab - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alright here is a Map.....So we have Kenya and Somalia Bordering each other with Ethiopia. Which we have the French Filing for Enforceable Action with Central Republic of Africa and the Congo. A Search going on for Kony. Plenty of areas for Terrorists to keep running across Borders and who's law is whos. Foreign fighters running for one battle to the next.

Plus we have whats going on in Mali, the Ivory Coast, Sudan, Egypt, and Libya. So lets get some of the names of these other Ansar al Shariah groups and other terrorists just with in Africa.

map-of-africa-countries.gif

Putin has no interest in Africa so he won't be a threat with a new war front.

Putin can't hope to compete with China where Africa is concerned. China has huge spending and development plans in the mineral rich parts of Africa and there's the risk of losing Eastern Russia to Chinese immigrants. Even to the extent of one local governor calling for a Stalin like enforced mass movement of white Russians to the far east to keep the population up.

So lets get some of the names of these other Ansar al Shariah groups and other terrorists just with in Africa.

Boko Haram: however the desire for civil war - even on a religious front in Nigeria is very low. Many still have memories of neighbours turning on each other over Biafra.

The new leader, Abu Zamira Mohammed, is reportedly involved in discussions towards peace but attacks continue - hard to say what this group's ultimate aim is beyond mere anarchy under a strict islamist pretense.

Heya RM. :2wave: Know of any others inside Africa that are like Al Shabab? We should get some maps up to. This way we will see if they are able to cross over borders and if they are involved with others.

Well, they (the islamists in somalia) are surrounded by the republican forces. But they do occupy a significant number of ports on the coastline. the emirate they founded is however not connected to any other nation by land.

Somalia_map_states_regions_districts.png

The African union has managed to support the republicans with a significant number of troops. I, however, want to see what will be left. when the UN shall start inspections there are notice hundred of thousand of civilian people dead or missing in the path of the african union forces (they are mainly kenyans, and kenyans are just god awful people).

There are a lot of countries that are roughly in the same ****hole that Somalia is, though they aren't THAT bad. Somalia has been at open war for 20+ years.
But there is the Sudan situation.
Uganda, Burundi and rwanda.
Chad is facing some sort of a civil war... well, chad has been at war for 10 years now, their last one ended 2-3 years ago...

And then the whole fact that ALL of NW africa, basically 1/4th of africa, is in war with the Maghreb islamist militia. They are the ones who are also in Mali. But they activate in a LOT of countries. they were the ones who were also on the rebel side in libya. Their aim is to put in place islamist sharia law (which they did so in Libya, thanks to us, the stupid westerners who can't understand Islam) everywhere they go.

If the French hand't intervened in mali, you could bet that Mali would be an islamist republic by now, or on the path to that.
So some countries affected by the islamist insurgency are: mali, Mauritania, Niger, Burkina faso, chad, libya. It's a ****hole. All of it.

Putin can't hope to compete with China where Africa is concerned. China has huge spending and development plans in the mineral rich parts of Africa and there's the risk of losing Eastern Russia to Chinese immigrants. Even to the extent of one local governor calling for a Stalin like enforced mass movement of white Russians to the far east to keep the population up.

Boko Haram: however the desire for civil war - even on a religious front in Nigeria is very low. Many still have memories of neighbours turning on each other over Biafra.

The new leader, Abu Zamira Mohammed, is reportedly involved in discussions towards peace but attacks continue - hard to say what this group's ultimate aim is beyond mere anarchy under a strict islamist pretense.

Mornin' IC. :2wave: Thanks for some info on Boko Haram and Nigeria. Appreciate you helping out in getting up theses Terrorists groups in Africa. I had a thread up on some info with Boko Haram. Another who is also well versed with Africa is Jack Hays.

Well, they (the islamists in somalia) are surrounded by the republican forces. But they do occupy a significant number of ports on the coastline. the emirate they founded is however not connected to any other nation by land.

Somalia_map_states_regions_districts.png

The African union has managed to support the republicans with a significant number of troops. I, however, want to see what will be left. when the UN shall start inspections there are notice hundred of thousand of civilian people dead or missing in the path of the african union forces (they are mainly kenyans, and kenyans are just god awful people).

There are a lot of countries that are roughly in the same ****hole that Somalia is, though they aren't THAT bad. Somalia has been at open war for 20+ years.
But there is the Sudan situation.
Uganda, Burundi and rwanda.
Chad is facing some sort of a civil war... well, chad has been at war for 10 years now, their last one ended 2-3 years ago...

And then the whole fact that ALL of NW africa, basically 1/4th of africa, is in war with the Maghreb islamist militia. They are the ones who are also in Mali. But they activate in a LOT of countries. they were the ones who were also on the rebel side in libya. Their aim is to put in place islamist sharia law (which they did so in Libya, thanks to us, the stupid westerners who can't understand Islam) everywhere they go.

If the French hand't intervened in mali, you could bet that Mali would be an islamist republic by now, or on the path to that.
So some countries affected by the islamist insurgency are: mali, Mauritania, Niger, Burkina faso, chad, libya. It's a ****hole. All of it.

Mornin' RM. :2wave: Alright my brutha :rock .....way to go and some detail with that map too. That's cool how they got them flagged out with those ports. Yep you are Correct with the Spreading out of the Ansar Al Shariah groups that have risen up all throughout the Maghreb.

Course the French had to rely on others to help them handle what was in Mali. They also are the ones that are stirring up quite a bit in Africa with all their UN resolutions they filed.

Mornin' IC. :2wave: Thanks for some info on Boko Haram and Nigeria. Appreciate you helping out in getting up theses Terrorists groups in Africa. I had a thread up on some info with Boko Haram. Another who is also well versed with Africa is Jack Hays.

Yeah, I still have friends living in Nigeria from when I lived there in the 1990's. (I was born in Kenya so have an interest in what's happening there too with al-Shabab.) I'm probably more up to date with Nigerian happenings than Kenyan as my parents left Kenya before I was two. :mrgreen:

Nigeria has so many different tribal rifts and even within the religious groups - northern Hausa and Fulani muslims tend to see themselves as "true" muslims and they still call southern or Yoruba muslims "converts." This goes back to the days of the arrival of islam in what is now Nigeria, Ghana etc when most Yoruba were still animist. I've always found it strange that the Nigerians who have engaged in terrorist attacks in the west are mostly Yoruba: even the two involved in the beheading of a British soldier are of Yoruba descent.

Boko Haram broke that mould, they are largely from what was (when I worked in Nigeria) Borno State and seem to be exclusively Hausa or Fulani. Nigerian history in the last 40 years is of muslim dictators who creamed off the country's oil revenues - most of them having gone through the military, high ranks in the military are usually exclusively muslim. Of this group - most of the muslim dictators of Nigeria were Northerners but this all seemed to stop in 2003 onwards and it's interesting that Boko Haram and other similar northern groups started around that time.
Part of this I believe is still to do with Northern Nigeria's memory of Hausa peanut farming carrying the country's economy until oil was discovered and also a long standing view that it was the Hausa's destiny to govern Nigeria.

Yeah, I still have friends living in Nigeria from when I lived there in the 1990's. (I was born in Kenya so have an interest in what's happening there too with al-Shabab.) I'm probably more up to date with Nigerian happenings than Kenyan as my parents left Kenya before I was two. :mrgreen:

Nigeria has so many different tribal rifts and even within the religious groups - northern Hausa and Fulani muslims tend to see themselves as "true" muslims and they still call southern or Yoruba muslims "converts." This goes back to the days of the arrival of islam in what is now Nigeria, Ghana etc when most Yoruba were still animist. I've always found it strange that the Nigerians who have engaged in terrorist attacks in the west are mostly Yoruba: even the two involved in the beheading of a British soldier are of Yoruba descent.

Boko Haram broke that mould, they are largely from what was (when I worked in Nigeria) Borno State and seem to be exclusively Hausa or Fulani. Nigerian history in the last 40 years is of muslim dictators who creamed off the country's oil revenues - most of them having gone through the military, high ranks in the military are usually exclusively muslim. Of this group - most of the muslim dictators of Nigeria were Northerners but this all seemed to stop in 2003 onwards and it's interesting that Boko Haram and other similar northern groups started around that time.
Part of this I believe is still to do with Northern Nigeria's memory of Hausa peanut farming carrying the country's economy until oil was discovered and also a long standing view that it was the Hausa's destiny to govern Nigeria.

That's Great IC.....I for one appreciate you sharing all of this with the Site. Same with those that are over there that are on the outside looking in.
information.png
Informative!
award_star_gold_2.png

Back
Top Bottom