• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

African American

AlbqOwl said:
Maybe racist, but a valid question I think. And yes, I think certain groups of people have evolved somewhat differently including the development of genetic characteristis that are sometimes beneficial; sometimes not. It is not stereotyping and it is not wrong to identify these particular racial characterisitics in order to better find remedies for them or to better utilize them.

Well, I'm not a big fan of evolution. Humans haven't "evolved" physically since the dawn of creation. Blacks are the same way now, as they were before. Humans have become "smarter", but that's where the line is drawn.

what are you talking about
no clue what you are saying
but sickle cell anemia affects more than just blacks
including greeks, italians and many more non-black groups

You'll notice I didn't say that ONLY blacks have sickle cell anemia, but I said instead that a much greater percentage of the black population that has the semi-sickle cell condition. No where did I assert that this is purely an occurance in the black population. Did that clear it up?

OdgenTugbyGlub said:
You'll notice I didn't say that ONLY blacks have sickle cell anemia, but I said instead that a much greater percentage of the black population that has the semi-sickle cell condition. No where did I assert that this is purely an occurance in the black population. Did that clear it up?

I've notice another trait held by most black people. They like to talk in the third-person. I once had a math teacher, who was black (and also just happened to have sickl-cell anemia. Coincidence?), and always talked in the third-person. Like: "Mizz Moody gonna give you homework tonite."

"Mizz Moody's not gonna be in tomarrah due to the fact that she's goin' in for anotha blood transfusion."

Rappers do it a lot too. And not just blacks do it either.

DeeJayH said:
what are you talking about
no clue what you are saying
but sickle cell anemia affects more than just blacks
including greeks, italians and many more non-black groups

The fact is though, DeeJay, that the odds of you having the sickle cell gene is far greater if you are black than if you are any other race. The odds of you being too short to play in the NBA are far greater if you are Japanese or Italian than if you are Nigerian or Kenyan or Australian or Norwegian. There is no way to deny that there are certain genetic traits associated with or prevalent in some races more than others. There are even likely to be genetic strengths and weaknesses and physical characteristics that are more prevalent even in your own biological family that will be different for the next clan. It isn't racist to acknowledge these things or to speculate how significant racial intermarriage would affect them.

AlbqOwl said:
The fact is though, DeeJay, that the odds of you having the sickle cell gene is far greater if you are black than if you are any other race. The odds of you being too short to play in the NBA are far greater if you are Japanese or Italian than if you are Nigerian or Kenyan or Australian or Norwegian. There is no way to deny that there are certain genetic traits associated with or prevalent in some races more than others. There are even likely to be genetic strengths and weaknesses and physical characteristics that are more prevalent even in your own biological family that will be different for the next clan. It isn't racist to acknowledge these things or to speculate how significant racial intermarriage would affect them.

True, white people are more prone to cannibalism than blacks.

AlbqOwl said:

I seriously had no clue what he was trying to get across
i agree with all you have written
as far as sickle cell. It is my understanding that the reason some white euro's are succeptible to it, is because africans conquered southern europe many centuries ago, and in the fashion of conquerors in years past, they raped the woman. thus spreading sickle cell to whites. It is also my understanding that that is why southern italians are dark skinned, whereas northern italians are fair skinned. Could be wrong, as i often am, but that is what i recall hearing years ago

Donkey1499 said:
True, white people are more prone to cannibalism than blacks.

lol
dont forget serial killers are most likely to be whites also

Its ingrained in peoples heads that when you say American they think of Anglo Saxons. If you got a black friend who is an American and then someone asks what your friend is and you say "American", they just assume shes white untill they meet your friend and go "oh shes black!"

DeeJayH said:
lol
dont forget serial killers are most likely to be whites also

THis is true. I get into conversations with some people who have racist views everyonce in a while, and when those people are white folks I always bust out the " well your race is full of crazy blue eyed serial killers! The wrest of us just shoot someone and be finished but yall make jackets out of people and Christmas Tree ornaments and all this...."

It is a joke, sometimes I think racial jokes are one of the only remedies among the working people for the racism the system infected us with, but that is kinda true- about white people always getting on Cold Case Files for doing crazy stuff...... but in seriousness is there a reason for that?

Employee_of_the_Month said:
THis is true. I get into conversations with some people who have racist views everyonce in a while, and when those people are white folks I always bust out the " well your race is full of crazy blue eyed serial killers! The wrest of us just shoot someone and be finished but yall make jackets out of people and Christmas Tree ornaments and all this...."

It is a joke, sometimes I think racial jokes are one of the only remedies among the working people for the racism the system infected us with, but that is kinda true- about white people always getting on Cold Case Files for doing crazy stuff...... but in seriousness is there a reason for that?

I think when mixed race friends can tell race jokes and genuinely laugh, racism has been conquered.

AlbqOwl said:
I think when mixed race friends can tell race jokes and genuinely laugh, racism has been conquered.
Yup..

I hate it when I take a shot at my black friends, and they're the only one laughing...

Everyone else gives me that "OMG - Did he just say that?" look...They need to get passed that...

A black friend of mine(a cop...another steroetype broken) was behind a girl at the bar pretending to lick her ear...She turned around and caught him...

She said "What the hell are you doing?"...He said "uhhh...I'm just lickin' my lips!"....

I said, "Great!....That should take about an hour and a half!"...The bar nearly went frozen...except, of course, for the black guy laughin' his butt off...:2wave:

cnredd said:
Yup..

I hate it when I take a shot at my black friends, and they're the only one laughing...

Everyone else gives me that "OMG - Did he just say that?" look...They need to get passed that...

A black friend of mine(a cop...another steroetype broken) was behind a girl at the bar pretending to lick her ear...She turned around and caught him...

She said "What the hell are you doing?"...He said "uhhh...I'm just lickin' my lips!"....

I said, "Great!....That should take about an hour and a half!"...The bar nearly went frozen...except, of course, for the black guy laughin' his butt off...:2wave:

Ahh... shiz! You had me on the floor, literally. LOL

AlbqOwl said:

More wise words from the guy who eats rodents, then spits out their bones and fur and calls em' owl pellets! LOL

Employee_of_the_Month said:
Its ingrained in peoples heads that when you say American they think of Anglo Saxons. If you got a black friend who is an American and then someone asks what your friend is and you say "American", they just assume shes white untill they meet your friend and go "oh shes black!"

??? Do you really believe that. Thats the dumbest fukn thing I have ever heard. If you say American I think of an American. This can be someone of various decents and colors. Sice the country is called the melting pot, i don't think anyone but maybe the KKK associates America with white

Back
Top Bottom