• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Afraid of political repression

rising

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Hi all.
I am a web developer and I make money programming websites as a freelance.

Recent developments in Ukraine, Russia, Syria , EU and even my own country made me think deeply about reliability of our political systems. Giving it a deep thought I have came up with a new political system, which is going to solve many of today's problems (I believe). Imagine a system where the power is truly distributed between citizens and difficult to manipulate by money? A system that prevents corruption and guarantees truly democratic state. What I have engineered is really good stuff. I have made a prototype of it so people may evaulate it. I want to publish the design online, release the simulator app at google store and let everybody comment on it.. but I am afraid of the consequences.

The prototype is so realistic and so convincing that people would really pick the idea up, specially the poor folks who always complain about the government. I probably would get ton of comments and collectively (in a wkipeidia style collaboration) we would polish it and convert into a finished "product". The idea itself can not be implemented in a short term, it needs a lot of mentality shifting by the masses, and I am not talking about in depth analysis by experts which will take time. I estimate it would require at least 10 years to make this project real, before anybody attempts to use it. However while I am working on this stuff with my followers, I am afraid of being persecuted. See, the system I have designed, will take the power off from all the wealthy people, who are right now influencing top politicians. I am not talking about a particular country, because this applies to every country. Corruption is part of the design of current systems and my "fix" is going to "patch" it. Imagine this: I am a nobody, and I am threatening not billions, but trillion dollar of private interests, that are now being involved in controlling the society. This is why I am afraid, that big guys can do some sort of repression against me. Of course, once my system is out, and at least 100,000 people know about it, doing something against me is pointless. It is difficult to stop content from replicating on the internet, specially if I make it viral.

But my interest (besides the joy of working on a cool idea) in publishing this work, is not because of altruistic goals to change the world. No, it is a simple commercial interest. I have to pay my bills, and this site is going to attract a lot of visitors, so I am going to monetize it by advertising. Developing websites is what I do for living.

So my question to the forum is: what risk do I have for being politically persecuted for this ?

I have read about Assange , but this is not Wikileaks, I am not a hacker stealing private documents. I am just proposing an idea, which is yet to be proven btw. Maybe it will not work, who knows. I have created bad ideas in the past. But what if it results so good that it provokes disturbances over the world? Could I be threatened as a supporter for overthrowing the government of some country? For example, Ukraine has a law against 'separatism' and it is penal. Hopefully I am not in Ukraine, but big powerful politician in my own country (which is a third world country with a corrupt representative democracy model, unfortunately) could order my persecution. Or what if all governments join together against me ? I don't want to deal with extradition orders from around the world and end up in a prison just selling some ads. Because in essence, my website would be calling for revolutions all around the world with a community making easy this process and this is not what politicians currently holding the power would like to have around.

So, what do you think?
Will appreciate very much all your comments.

p.s.
oh! while writing this I just had an idea, what if I add the word "futuristic" to my project. Kind of like "mysite.com is an idea of a _futuristic_ form of government that would rule us some day in the future. You are welcome to discuss about it on our website and play with the simulator, click here to register...". However smart folks probably wouldn't be fooled.

Hi all.
I am a web developer and I make money programming websites as a freelance.

Recent developments in Ukraine, Russia, Syria , EU and even my own country made me think deeply about reliability of our political systems. Giving it a deep thought I have came up with a new political system, which is going to solve many of today's problems (I believe). Imagine a system where the power is truly distributed between citizens and difficult to manipulate by money? A system that prevents corruption and guarantees truly democratic state. What I have engineered is really good stuff. I have made a prototype of it so people may evaulate it. I want to publish the design online, release the simulator app at google store and let everybody comment on it.. but I am afraid of the consequences.

The prototype is so realistic and so convincing that people would really pick the idea up, specially the poor folks who always complain about the government. I probably would get ton of comments and collectively (in a wkipeidia style collaboration) we would polish it and convert into a finished "product". The idea itself can not be implemented in a short term, it needs a lot of mentality shifting by the masses, and I am not talking about in depth analysis by experts which will take time. I estimate it would require at least 10 years to make this project real, before anybody attempts to use it. However while I am working on this stuff with my followers, I am afraid of being persecuted. See, the system I have designed, will take the power off from all the wealthy people, who are right now influencing top politicians. I am not talking about a particular country, because this applies to every country. Corruption is part of the design of current systems and my "fix" is going to "patch" it. Imagine this: I am a nobody, and I am threatening not billions, but trillion dollar of private interests, that are now being involved in controlling the society. This is why I am afraid, that big guys can do some sort of repression against me. Of course, once my system is out, and at least 100,000 people know about it, doing something against me is pointless. It is difficult to stop content from replicating on the internet, specially if I make it viral.

But my interest (besides the joy of working on a cool idea) in publishing this work, is not because of altruistic goals to change the world. No, it is a simple commercial interest. I have to pay my bills, and this site is going to attract a lot of visitors, so I am going to monetize it by advertising. Developing websites is what I do for living.

So my question to the forum is: what risk do I have for being politically persecuted for this ?

I have read about Assange , but this is not Wikileaks, I am not a hacker stealing private documents. I am just proposing an idea, which is yet to be proven btw. Maybe it will not work, who knows. I have created bad ideas in the past. But what if it results so good that it provokes disturbances over the world? Could I be threatened as a supporter for overthrowing the government of some country? For example, Ukraine has a law against 'separatism' and it is penal. Hopefully I am not in Ukraine, but big powerful politician in my own country (which is a third world country with a corrupt representative democracy model, unfortunately) could order my persecution. Or what if all governments join together against me ? I don't want to deal with extradition orders from around the world and end up in a prison just selling some ads. Because in essence, my website would be calling for revolutions all around the world with a community making easy this process and this is not what politicians currently holding the power would like to have around.

So, what do you think?
Will appreciate very much all your comments.

p.s.
oh! while writing this I just had an idea, what if I add the word "futuristic" to my project. Kind of like "mysite.com is an idea of a _futuristic_ form of government that would rule us some day in the future. You are welcome to discuss about it on our website and play with the simulator, click here to register...". However smart folks probably wouldn't be fooled.

If your idea is really revolutionary, I think it's best you keep it to yourself.

If your idea is really revolutionary, I think it's best you keep it to yourself.

I just googled how many political inmates exist currently in my country , and found that that current president has sent more than 500 people to prison. (fake accusations, obviously). Too bad.

Back
Top Bottom