• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Afghanistan, the graveyard of empires

"Free their country"

Are you rooting for the Taliban?
I sympathize with all those who resist USG's tyranny. And I'd love to see the world's supply of opium throttled.

I sympathize with all those who resist USG's tyranny. And I'd love to see the world's supply of opium throttled.

The Taliban funds most of its operations through opium sales. If they take over from the Afghan government, opium cultivation and trade out of Afghanistan will explode.

The Taliban funds most of its operations through opium sales. If they take over from the Afghan government, opium cultivation and trade out of Afghanistan will explode.
Of course. The only Afghan regime to have ever seriously repressed the opium trade will further it if allowed to retake the country. Keeping the opium trade from getting any worse requires the continued existence of the regime that caused it to flourish.

Of course. The only Afghan regime to have ever seriously repressed the opium trade will further it if allowed to retake the country. Keeping the opium trade from getting any worse requires the continued existence of the regime that caused it to flourish.

It flourishes *illegally* under the current regime. Do you think the “US puppet government” in Colombia should be overthrown and replaced by narcoterrorists too?

The Taliban doesn’t repress opium any more. They actively support its cultivation and trade. Do you think they are going to magically start hating money if they came to power?

It flourishes *illegally* under the current regime.
And this technicality matters because?
Do you think the “US puppet government” in Colombia should be overthrown and replaced by narcoterrorists too?
I don't know much about Columbia specifically, but given what I know about Latin America generally, the best thing for Columbia would probably be a military coup. I'm not aware of them having any extra-governmental organization capable of running the country (unlike Afghanistan).
The Taliban doesn’t repress opium any more. They actively support its cultivation and trade. Do you think they are going to magically start hating money if they came to power?
I'd expect the Taliban in power to pursue the same agenda it did twenty years ago. They don't seem like the type to change their POV easily.

And this technicality matters because?

I don't know much about Columbia specifically, but given what I know about Latin America generally, the best thing for Columbia would probably be a military coup. I'm not aware of them having any extra-governmental organization capable of running the country (unlike Afghanistan).

I'd expect the Taliban in power to pursue the same agenda it did twenty years ago. They don't seem like the type to change their POV easily.

How exactly is the Taliban “capable of running” Afghanistan? Want to review the years they were in charge? Shall we call that your standard of a government that is “capable”?

How exactly is the Taliban “capable of running” Afghanistan? Want to review the years they were in charge? Shall we call that your standard of a government that is “capable”?
I used the phrase "capable of running" as a factual descriptor, not a comment on the quality or character of governance.

I used the phrase "capable of running" as a factual descriptor, not a comment on the quality or character of governance.

The Taliban was not in any factual way “capable of running” Afghanistan. They were capable of slaughtering women and children, cutting off the country from the outside world, destroying any building taller than 2 stories, and fighting multiple overlapping civil wars in less than 10 years.

The Taliban was not in any factual way “capable of running” Afghanistan. They were capable of slaughtering women and children, cutting off the country from the outside world, destroying any building taller than 2 stories, and fighting multiple overlapping civil wars in less than 10 years.
You obviously care very deeply about how Afghanistan is governed.

You obviously care very deeply about how Afghanistan is governed.

Indeed. Having it governed by the people who armed and supported folks who murdered 3,000 Americans is something I oppose quite deeply.

But since you for some reason as an “American Nationalist” hate America, I can see why the murder of your fellow citizens wouldn’t matter to you. Given that a significant portion of those people were brown, you probably cheered.

Indeed. Having it governed by the people who armed and supported folks who murdered 3,000 Americans is something I oppose quite deeply.
The Taliban did not orchestrate 9/11.
But since you for some reason as an “American Nationalist” hate America, I can see why the murder of your fellow citizens wouldn’t matter to you. Given that a significant portion of those people were brown, you probably cheered.
If it were up to me the 9/11 hijackers would never have been allowed into the country. It's on your ilk that they were able to attack us.

If it were up to me the 9/11 hijackers would never have been allowed into the country. It's on your ilk that they were able to attack us.

But they provided safe haven for the group which conducted the attacks.

If it were up to you America would be just another fascist hellhole, we know.

If it were up to you America would be just another fascist hellhole, we know.
9/11 was a direct consequence of USG's lax immigration laws. Sorry you don't like the facts.

9/11 was a direct consequence of USG's lax immigration laws. Sorry you don't like the facts.

No, 9/11 was the result of the actions of psychotic terrorists.....nothing more. Even if the US didn’t accept a sing,e immigrant for the rest of....forever, really....it would still have terrorist attacks.

But I get that you are too busy fantasizing about turning the US into another fascist hellhole to grasp that.

No, 9/11 was the result of the actions of psychotic terrorists.....nothing more. Even if the US didn’t accept a sing,e immigrant for the rest of....forever, really....it would still have terrorist attacks.

But I get that you are too busy fantasizing about turning the US into another fascist hellhole to grasp that.
USG let the 9/11 terrorists in. The attack couldn’t have happened without their policy of indiscriminately admitting people into the country who have no business being here. As I said, sorry you don't like the facts.

USG voluntarily let the 9/11 terrorists in. As I said, sorry you don't like the facts.

The US government didn’t know that they were planning on conducting mass murder when they entered the country. Hate to break it to you bud.

The US government didn’t know that they were planning on conducting mass murder when they entered the country. Hate to break it to you bud.
USG knew that Middle Eastern Muslims were planning to attack us and still chose to let people from that part of the world enter the country without any compelling reason. That they didn’t know which particular ones were going to do it is of no consequence.

USG knew that Middle Eastern Muslims were planning to attack us and still chose to let people from that part of the world enter the country without any compelling reason. That they didn’t know which particular ones were going to do it is of no consequence.

You do realize that there are hundreds of millions of people in the Middle East? And the overwhelming majority of them don’t harm anyone? The fact that they didn’t know who the actual attackers were is the WHOLE POINT.

There’s no compelling reason to let fascist scum remain in our country but “USG” still allows them to. We certainly know that fascist scum hate America and attack it at every opportunity. Hmm....sounds like you better hope “USG” doesn’t actually start following your “logic”.

You do realize that there are hundreds of millions of people in the Middle East? And the overwhelming majority of them don’t harm anyone? The fact that they didn’t know who the actual attackers were is the WHOLE POINT.
This right here is the problem with USG and its supporters. They are more concerned with the convenience of foreigners than the well being of Americans.

I didn’t claim they did. They armed and supported the people who committed 9/11. Are you unaware of the support for Al Qaeda the Taliban conducted?

Yeah, you’d hang a giant “Whites Only” sign on the country.

Yeah, you’d hang a giant “Whites Only” sign on the country.
If Americans have to die for the sake of diversity, that's just a price worth paying, huh?

This right here is the problem with USG and its supporters. They are more concerned with the convenience of foreigners than the well being of Americans.

Always funny watching you pretend to care about Americans 😂

Nobody’s buying the garbage you are desperately spewing bud.

Back
Top Bottom