• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Afghanistan - The Forgotten War that is Spreading to Pakistan

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
While we are still bogged down in Iraq, we are letting our guard down on a real threat. Here are some links:

Seven Afghan police killed in attacks

Afghan governor killed

Afghanistan fighting spreads to Pakistan

Bus bomb explosion kills at least 13 in southwestern Pakistan

Rockets Kill eight near Pakistan's main gas Field

While our leaders are so intent on prosecuting the Iraq war to the last drop of other peoples' blood, the mission that should have been declared accomplished long ago is being totally ignored, and things are getting very ugly. The Taliban, which we were supposed to have defeated, controls most of Afghanistan again, the heroin trade there is in the midst of its largest expansion in history, making huge profits for terrorists so they can buy things, like weapons and bombmaking materials, bin Laden is free to walk without fear in Afghanistan and Pakistan, and now Pakistan is beginning to undergo violence, as extremists are beginning their attempt to wrest control of the nation from the present government. And dont forget - Pakistan HAS nukes.

In short, this war has been botched in a big way from its very inception.

Many people complain that our government is being run by either an aristocracy or a plutocracy, depending on which of them you ask. They could not be more wrong on both counts. It is being run by a kakistocracy.

Definition: Kakistocracy - Rule by the incompetent (They are also insane).

danarhea said:
While we are still bogged down in Iraq, we are letting our guard down on a real threat. Here are some links:

Seven Afghan police killed in attacks

Afghan governor killed

Afghanistan fighting spreads to Pakistan

Bus bomb explosion kills at least 13 in southwestern Pakistan

Rockets Kill eight near Pakistan's main gas Field

While our leaders are so intent on prosecuting the Iraq war to the last drop of other peoples' blood, the mission that should have been declared accomplished long ago is being totally ignored, and things are getting very ugly. The Taliban, which we were supposed to have defeated, controls most of Afghanistan again, the heroin trade there is in the midst of its largest expansion in history, making huge profits for terrorists so they can buy things, like weapons and bombmaking materials, bin Laden is free to walk without fear in Afghanistan and Pakistan, and now Pakistan is beginning to undergo violence, as extremists are beginning their attempt to wrest control of the nation from the present government. And dont forget - Pakistan HAS nukes.

Many people complain that our government is being run by either an aristocracy or a plutocracy, depending on which of them you ask. They could not be more wrong on both counts. It is being run by a kakistocracy.

Definition: Kakistocracy - Rule by the incompetent (They are also insane).
Oh, oh my god! Someone is defending themselves, whatever shall we do.....CALL THEM INCOMPETENT! WTF!?:confused:

stsburns said:
Oh, oh my god! Someone is defending themselves, whatever shall we do.....CALL THEM INCOMPETENT! WTF!?:confused:

Defending themselves against the wrong guys.

danarhea said:
While our leaders are so intent on prosecuting the Iraq war to the last drop of other peoples' blood, the mission that should have been declared accomplished long ago is being totally ignored, and things are getting very ugly.

Forgotten? Totally ignored? can you show us your proof of this, because your link says we have over 20,000 troops inside Afghanistan. I currently correspond with members of ther US military in Afghanistan.

danarhea said:
The Taliban, which we were supposed to have defeated, controls most of Afghanistan again
Most of Afghanistan? I don't find anything like this in your links. Provide the evidence for this. Thanks.

danarhea said:
bin Laden is free to walk without fear in Afghanistan and Pakistan
Again, your links say nothing about this. Provide evidence please.

danarhea said:

Just so we're claer. This is your opinion and is nothing that has been proven by your post.

Last edited:
danarhea said:
Defending themselves against the wrong guys.
Don't you know the fog of war. Don't fire until fired upon! It is their duty! They aren't going to sit around and think "Hmm...do I want to get shot dead today or...Do I want to shoot back and hopefully buy some time to get out of here." By that time, they would have already taken a round of bullets...What great options!

stsburns said:
Don't you know the fog of war. Don't fire until fired upon! It is their duty! They aren't going to sit around and think "Hmm...do I want to get shot dead today or...Do I want to shoot back and hopefully buy some time to get out of here." By that time, they would have already taken a round of bullets...What great options!

Bad analogy, unless the rounds can travel many thousands of miles from Iraq to the USA. Already been proven that Saddam couldnt do that.

danarhea said:
Bad analogy, unless the rounds can travel many thousands of miles from Iraq to the USA. Already been proven that Saddam couldnt do that.
Stop getting into "F"ing Iraq. This isn't about Iraq! It is about simple strategy. Someone shoots you, you shoot back. It doesn't matter if it someone on your side of the fence or not. You should defend yourself period. "F" Iraq!

stsburns said:
Stop getting into "F"ing Iraq. This isn't about Iraq! It is about simple strategy. Someone shoots you, you shoot back. It doesn't matter if it someone on your side of the fence or not. You should defend yourself period. "F" Iraq!

Of course, someone shoots you, you shoot them back, or in the case of this administration, hit the wrong guy. We wouldnt have to be defending ourselves in Afghanistan if Bush had not have proscecuted that war in the proper manner. Now there is a chance we could end up losing Pakistan too. And Pakistan has lots of nukes.

danarhea said:
Of course, someone shoots you, you shoot them back, or in the case of this administration, hit the wrong guy. We wouldnt have to be defending ourselves in Afghanistan if Bush had not have proscecuted that war in the proper manner. Now there is a chance we could end up losing Pakistan too. And Pakistan has lots of nukes.
WTF? What makes someone "the wrong guy", your trying to get away from them?

So how should the war been run General danarhea? You think you know better than the president, and I'm all ears. :mrgreen:

stsburns said:
WTF? What makes someone "the wrong guy", your trying to get away from them?

So how should the war been run General danarhea? You think you know better than the president, and I'm all ears. :mrgreen:

Actually, the Generals were not allowed to do what they wanted. If they had, bin Laden would have been in custody within 6 months. But thats what you get when you allow civilians, who love to play with toy soldiers in their spare time, to run the military.

danarhea said:
Actually, the Generals were not allowed to do what they wanted. If they had, bin Laden would have been in custody within 6 months. But thats what you get when you allow civilians, who love to play with toy soldiers in their spare time, to run the military.
Where is your proof of this? I would love to believe you but I don't have anything to go on? ;)

Back
Top Bottom