• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Afghanistan, 2021.

Torus34

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
President of the United States of America Donald Trump has tweeted his intentions about US troops in Afghanistan:

“We should have the small remaining number of our BRAVE Men and Women serving in Afghanistan home by Christmas!”

The Taliban, used to playing the long game which takes into account the politics of the US, will probably have a response sometime in the following year.

With the US reduction in the amount of refugees permitted to enter the US, the Afghan government leadership may have to seek safely elsewhere.

Stay tuned ...

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

we were promised this a lot

President of the United States of America Donald Trump has tweeted his intentions about US troops in Afghanistan:

“We should have the small remaining number of our BRAVE Men and Women serving in Afghanistan home by Christmas!”

The Taliban, used to playing the long game which takes into account the politics of the US, will probably have a response sometime in the following year.

With the US reduction in the amount of refugees permitted to enter the US, the Afghan government leadership may have to seek safely elsewhere.

Stay tuned ...

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

It doesn't matter if we pull out now or in 5 years.

The place will go back to the bat shit crazy war lords 5 minutes after we are gone..

The place will go back to the bat shit crazy war lords 5 minutes after we are gone..

Hi!

Agreed. The Western powers have lacked understanding of areas of the world that operate under different types of societies. It has resulted in much death and destruction. Africa is another example.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the prophylactic Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Reminder. I try to respond to all who quote my posts. If you do not get a response from me, it may be that you've made it onto my 'Ignore' list.

Hi!

Agreed. The Western powers have lacked understanding of areas of the world that operate under different types of societies. It has resulted in much death and destruction. Africa is another example.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the prophylactic Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Reminder. I try to respond to all who quote my posts. If you do not get a response from me, it may be that you've made it onto my 'Ignore' list.
it will never get resolved as it has ethnic and religious elements, two things that never can end unlike ideologies

Hi!

Well you could say they " lack understanding " and/or make mistakes etc or you can also say they don't actually care about these people and are okay engaging in war crimes that have resulted in much death and destruction. I think the evidence points to the latter.

The MO of the propaganda system is that while we make mistakes they commit crimes..............same as it ever was

Well you could say they " lack understanding " and/or make mistakes etc or you can also say they don't actually care about these people and are okay engaging in war crimes that have resulted in much death and destruction. I think the evidence points to the latter.

The MO of the propaganda system is that while we make mistakes they commit crimes..............same as it ever was

Hi!

Thanks for the response. A secular humanist, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt unless there's compelling evidence otherwise. I would like to believe that in some instances the US or the European powers got involved with a nation with a different culture -- tribal or what have you -- for good motives but still botched it up.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

Hi!

Thanks for the response. A secular humanist, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt unless there's compelling evidence otherwise. I would like to believe that in some instances the US or the European powers got involved with a nation with a different culture -- tribal or what have you -- for good motives but still botched it up.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

You're welcome. I understand your position even if I don't agree with it. It's not comforting to see your own as being as ugly as some of the others . Best wishes from another secular humanist, just maybe a more cynical one :)

No doubt that's because our presence there has never really eradicated war lords and drug lords.

Afghans should be left to reshape Afghanistan, not Western militaries and Nation builders. However uranium and rich deposits of Lithium salts there say otherwise. Cynical, perhaps, but resource accessibility and more importantly denial have played a major role in global politics since the 17th Century. That's the dynamic in play now along with face-saving, not really the Taliban's atrocities past and potential. The Western powers tolerate brutal authoritarian regimes the world over when they have to. Afghanistan will be no different in its "regrettable" acceptance by the West under the Taliban - the Saudi Arabia of Southwestern Asia in terms of state rule in parallel with the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Drunken brawls, prostitutes, hazing and humiliation, taking vodka shots out of buttcracks— no, the perpetrators of these Animal House-like antics aren’t some depraved frat brothers. They are the private security contractors guarding the US embassy compound in Kabul.

"The chief of the joint staff command of the US armed forces met with representatives of the Taliban in Doha. General Mark Milley urges Taliban to reduce violence in Afghanistan"
Don't shoot us in the back until we're all out of Afghanistan by the summer of 2021, as promised!

Stratfor: "the Taliban is behind the latest surge in violence. If the Taliban does not attack us troops, the Pentagon agrees to continue the process of withdrawing its forces from the country"
Message to Kabul in plain text: We'll leave, you'll be hanged, and we don't care

"The chief of the joint staff command of the US armed forces met with representatives of the Taliban in Doha. General Mark Milley urges Taliban to reduce violence in Afghanistan"
Don't shoot us in the back until we're all out of Afghanistan by the summer of 2021, as promised!

Stratfor: "the Taliban is behind the latest surge in violence. If the Taliban does not attack us troops, the Pentagon agrees to continue the process of withdrawing its forces from the country"
Message to Kabul in plain text: We'll leave, you'll be hanged, and we don't care
The USA, having created the single most corrupt government in the history of the planet, need not be too concerned about whether or not our bought-and-payed-for "allies" in Kabul have enough money to find comfortable lifelong exile anywhere in the world - including Boca Raton or the French Riviera.

Stay tuned ...

It's time to get out of Afghanistan.

With all due respect to the perfectly lovely people in that country, it is up to them to decide what kind of government they want.

Foreigners cannot and never have been able to make that decision in the long, tortured history of that country.

It would be so nice when the media no longer even mention that country again.

With all due respect to the perfectly lovely people in that country, it is up to them to decide what kind of government they want.

Foreigners cannot and never have been able to make that decision in the long, tortured history of that country.

When we [the US] have become involved in a military invasion of a country for whatever purpose [often poorly defined,] our decision-makers have rarely, if ever, availed themselves of a deep knowledge of the country's society. That has led to upset and bloodshed without significant result.

Indeed; Britain in the days of Empire and The Raj, the USSR, the US; nobody since the Alexander the Great has succeeded in subjugating the Afghans. Seems history's lessons don't get learned; and any ideas of imposing democracy easily influenced by the usual subjects, the West, onto a nation for whom it is an entirely alien concept, is doomed to fail.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom