• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Afghan Refugees Face Federal Charges After Trying To Rape Child, Strangle Woman In Wisconsin: DOJ

So now you're AGAINST getting the Afghans that helped us out of Afghanistan?

Okay.
This is about undocumented ILLEGAL invaders so please explain how you came to that conclusion base on what I said? Do you support this invasion of undocumented, unvaxxed, and illegal border crossers?

This is about undocumented ILLEGAL invaders so please explain how you came to that conclusion base on what I said? Do you support this invasion of undocumented, unvaxxed, and illegal border crossers?

Have you checked the thread title?

Are Afghans caucasians or "persons of colour"?

Either way what they need is mental care. This is obviously a case of Post Khabul Withdrawal Stress Disorder.
Afghans are human beings, no different from yourself.

As to a need for mental health services - U.S. Among Most Depressed Countries in the World

"In terms of quality years of life lost due to disability or death – a widely adopted public health metric that measures the overall burden of disease – the U.S. ranked third for unipolar depressive disorders, just after China, which ranked No. 1, and India."

"About one in five adults in the U.S. experiences some form of mental illness each year, according to the National Alliance on Mental Illness, but only 41 percent of those affected received mental health care or services in the past year."

I was wondering how long it would be between 'President Biden needs to bring every Afghan that ever smiled at an American soldier to America', and getting back to regular day-to-day hatred of immigrants of color.
I was never for bringing them all here. And I only hate criminal immigrants. Do you love them? Especially the sexual predator ones. They're great right?

I was never for bringing them all here. And I only hate criminal immigrants. Do you love them? Especially the sexual predator ones. They're great right?
There are criminals in every subsection of our society. Who is worse, the criminal that robs a store, or a corporation that robs the public.

I don't support these guys, but I support the moral ambiguity of people that hammered the need to bring them here as a cudgel to hammer President Biden and then switch to the dirty immigrant meme only slightly more.

No I haven't and you haven't answered the question.

If you can't wrap your head around the fact that this thread is about Afghan refugees, I don't know what to tell you.

A "progressive" that thinks because the USG didn't kill EVERYONE in Afghanistan that militarism isn't barbaric?

I am progressive because I desire progress. I am also a realist and your strident anti-war position is pretty typical utopian naivete. We are a barbaric species, always have been, and we can either make war or be ruled by those who do. If we were as barbaric as our enemies, we would have turned Afghanistan to glass after we were attacked. We didn't.

I wonder if you realize how lucky you are to be able to speak freely about your dislike of war while being safe from it, and how much that freedom depends upon the willingness of other Americans to wage war to keep that right.

I know, life is full of ironies, huh?

What part of bombing the shit out of a country and people is civilized?

The part where the alternative to bombing the shit out of some of them means that all of them must be ruled by truly barbaric Muslim theocrats. In a sense, we bombed them OUT of the stone age. We, over twenty years, forced through violence a more civil Afghan society. Of course we couldn't do that indefinitely and it will, again, slip back into barbarism, but we tried.

I have no expectation that you'll comprehend my position. I too am anti war. I'm also anti-wife-beating but, if she comes at me with a knife, I will suddenly find myself more flexible on that principle. The same applies to Afghanistan.

I am progressive because I desire progress. I am also a realist and your strident anti-war position is pretty typical utopian naivete. We are a barbaric species, always have been, and we can either make war or be ruled by those who do. If we were as barbaric as our enemies, we would have turned Afghanistan to glass after we were attacked. We didn't.

I wonder if you realize how lucky you are to be able to speak freely about your dislike of war while being safe from it, and how much that freedom depends upon the willingness of other Americans to wage war to keep that right.

I know, life is full of ironies, huh?

The part where the alternative to bombing the shit out of some of them means that all of them must be ruled by truly barbaric Muslim theocrats. In a sense, we bombed them OUT of the stone age. We, over twenty years, forced through violence a more civil Afghan society. Of course we couldn't do that indefinitely and it will, again, slip back into barbarism, but we tried.

I have no expectation that you'll comprehend my position. I too am anti war. I'm also anti-wife-beating but, if she comes at me with a knife, I will suddenly find myself more flexible on that principle. The same applies to Afghanistan.

I comprehend your position. I find your position to be full of conservative thoughts and excuses.

There are other possible ways to change bad behaviors in countries besides bombing them and such (even if it is deemed a little less barbaric than those bad behaviors).

It's like calling drone strikes progressive. Is intentionally killing people ever progressive? I don't think so.

I comprehend your position. I find your position to be full of conservative thoughts and excuses.
Forgive me for saying so, but your liberal sanctimony is growing old. First you put the word progressive in quotes, as if disagreeing with you invalidated my progressive credentials. Now you attempt to slander me with the word "conservative", as if that is not meaningless gibberish from someone who takes the most naive position and defends it as "progressivism". It's not progressive because it's not thoughtful. It's YOU who is not progressive.

Let me say it plainly, I've been too vague out of regard for your feelings. The very idea of calling the US "barbaric" for what we did in Afghanistan, is absurd and shockingly juvenile.

There are other possible ways to change bad behaviors in countries besides bombing them and such (even if it is deemed a little less barbaric than those bad behaviors).

Hey, we finally agree on something. When we disgree with their behavior, as in marrying children or treating apparently willing women like slaves, we don't bomb them for that. We sanction them and call them out on the international stage. When their behavior is flying planes into our buildings, sanctions are no longer an option. At that point, some very deserving guys in Afghanistan must certainly receive a thank you note taped to an American missile.

Philosophy, like the no war delusion, are harming the Left's intellectual credibility. It's one thing to say you wish there were no wars. It's another to believe that's feasible, given the existing climate. Save the word barbarism for those who truly deserve it.

It's like calling drone strikes progressive. Is intentionally killing people ever progressive? I don't think so.

Some times it IS progressive, it's just not polite. Some times a bad person's continued existence on this planet is unthinkable. And, when you're talking about violent, entitled, entrenched religious extremists, I think it's incumbent upon us to do the only thing that CAN really change their minds. El kaboom.

@D_NATURED "El kaboom."

I'm just not mature enough nor progressive enough to be for war.

That’s almost every first generation of immigrants.....ever, really. There’s fundamentally no difference between them and the first wave of Italian, German or Polish immigrants.
Unless they overwhelm the local culture.

@D_NATURED "El kaboom."

I'm just not mature enough nor progressive enough to be for war.

I'm not for war, I'm for common sense. In a conflict with violent people, pacifists get pawned. Do you think you can negotiate around the commands of Allah? I'd love to see you do that without having to compromise a dozen other moral principles than simply not killing.

When these Afghan men with 12 year old brides in this country get them pregnant I do hope the liberals embrace their culture and encourage large families.We must overlook our statutory rape laws in this case.
Oh how quickly the Rabid Right changes it's tune... :rolleyes:

Not that long ago the MAGAs were screaming Biden needed to get all the Afghanis out who helped the USofA. How terrible it would be if those who helped us were to fall into the hands of the Taliban.

Now the Rabid Right wants to scream about these Afghans not being good candidates to be USofA citizens.... :oops:

The guy who would stand guard in some checkpoint during the day could go home to his 12 year old bride and we didn't give a hot damn. A guy could walk with an American patrol during the day and rape a 12 year old boy at night and we didn't concern ourselves.

When will the Rabid Right realize those who help us in third world countries don't do it because they embrace our laws and moral tenants... ✌️

More proof of how well the current vetting process is:

An investigation is underway into an alleged attack of a female U.S. military service member by several male Afghan evacuees being housed at Fort Bliss.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation has confirmed to Fox News it is investigating a referral from a Fort Bliss Afghan refugee housing complex in New Mexico alleging that a woman, whose name and age are unknown at this time, was assaulted on Sept. 19 by a "small group of male evacuees."

Back
Top Bottom