• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Afghan Refugees Face Federal Charges After Trying To Rape Child, Strangle Woman In Wisconsin: DOJ

The difference is that we KNOW what kind of attitudes many Afghanis have towards women yet we let them in anyway. Don't we respect our women here? In Afghanistan and other Muslim countries women are treated worse than dogs. Did we know there were criminals amongst the immigrants you referenced? Last time I checked Italian and Irish women were highly respected within their families back then.
You asked if we respect women and children here...no, in fact, we don't. In the US, 1 in 3 women will experience domestic violence, in their lifetime. 1 in 10 women will be raped by an intimate partner, in the US, during their lifetime. So, as you see...no, we don't respect women...

That was an absurd and reprehensible response. Tell that to the victim. What the hell is wrong with you?
We have 2 crimes among a group of 120,000....and these are people who likely still have major trauma going on. Also, in this country....innocent until proven guilty. I am not going to excuse violence of any kind, but this is hardly a 'oh see they are all bad' situation....which is the implication in the OP

Oh look. Another person who doesn't acknowledge or understand that if these people hadn't been let into our country then the crime against these women and girls would never have been commited. Such ignorance.
um, one was interfamily violence...so, them being brought here or not had zero to do with what occurred. None of these crimes were committed against an American.

They escaped their culture so to hell with their culture. That sure doesn't sound like assimilation to me and our culture takes preference.
Assimilation occurs over time. My grandparents only spoke Italian. Parents were bi-lingual. Sis and I only English, except for Italian curses. Our culture is constantly changing the cultures brought here by immigrants, even as immigrants change US culture. Who heard of falafel 30 years ago? Cong. Omar changed head-covering rules -the culture in the House. Cinco de Mayo seems bigger here than it was in Mexico when I lived there years ago. I suspect St. Patrick’s day is also bigger in the US than in Ireland

Assimilation occurs over time. My grandparents only spoke Italian. Parents were bi-lingual. Sis and I only English, except for Italian curses. Our culture is constantly changing the cultures brought here by immigrants, even as immigrants change US culture. Who heard of falafel 30 years ago? Cong. Omar changed head-covering rules -the culture in the House. Cinco de Mayo seems bigger here than it was in Mexico when I lived there years ago. I suspect St. Patrick’s day is also bigger in the US than in Ireland
yet, if you ask most Americans what Cinco de Mayo is, they don't know...or if you ask them about St Patrick's day, they don't know that either....not sure why we celebrate a battle between the French and Mexicans in Puebla, but we do.. Nor why we are celebrating an Irish saint that died in the 5th century, in our secular country...but we do...and it is a big too do here for both of these celebrations.

Oh look. Another person who doesn't acknowledge or understand that if these people hadn't been let into our country then the crime against these women and girls would never have been commited. Such ignorance.
With respect, your comment expresses what we used to kid one another with years ago, “TGO” — tremendous grasp of the obvious. If Trump’s ancestors hadnt been allowed in to the US, he never would have assaulted women here, and if Italians and Jews were kept out 120 years ago or Cubans more recently we wouldn’t have had gangsters — and all those great movies. Indians should have never accepted the invite to Thanksgiving back in the day, but tightened their immigration laws.

We have 2 crimes among a group of 120,000....and these are people who likely still have major trauma going on. Also, in this country....innocent until proven guilty. I am not going to excuse violence of any kind, but this is hardly a 'oh see they are all bad' situation....which is the implication in the OP

I don't think the OP was an all-bad implication. He was just pointing out the down-side of bringing in large numbers of people without the proper time allowed for vetting.

There's a difference between percieved and known attitudes. Many muslim men have a horrible record of abuses towards their women. Not all but many, depending on which side of the muslim faith they practice. Because of that they need extra vetting and scrutiny. You mentioned Scarface. ( my favorite movie of all time btw ) There's a scene in the beginning where he is interviewed to see if hes a criminal remember? They find him out and hes sent to the fenced-in "freedomtown" for his fate to be determined. In real life many of the Cubans from the Mariel boatlift were deported back to Cuba because of their criminal history in Cuba AND because they committed crimes here.
Actually, some years ago I worked on some sad cases of Cubans. Here in the US, but their particular immigration status deprived them of some rights other immigrants had. They committed certain crimes (some of which didn’t seem so serious) that mandated their deportation, but Cuba wouldn’t take them. So they had a life without parole sentence — that could end at any time. Did a job on their minds.

Afghan males are not used to seeing girls and women living free lives and that they are not fully covered from head to toe.

They have medieval views and it will take 500 years for this to change ...

Barbaric US militarism tried to bomb Afghanistan back to the Stone Age. Who do you think you're fooling? Oh, I see who you're fooling, the "liberal" that liked your comment.

Wait, so now bringing refugees here is bad? I thought the Biden administration was evil for leaving Afghans behind?
:unsure:
Please try to keep up, they change their minds as the winds shift.

The USG raped Afghanistan for 20 years.

Then there's 'looking the other way' because it's in the USG's 'national interest':

A report released Monday revealed the United States’ long-term complicity in widespread sexual violence against Afghan boys. Between 2010 and 2016 alone, there were nearly 6,000 accusations of child sexual abuse reported by American military personnel, with no actions taken in response.

In a practice known as bacha bazi, or “boy play,” high-ranking Afghan elites use boys between the ages of 10 and 18 to entertain them as dancers, dressed in make-up and girls’ clothing. They then hold the boys hostage, raping them and forcing them to engage in other sexual acts over extended periods of time. Once these boys escape their enslavement, they are left with deep psychological, emotional, and social trauma.

The US military has been aware of these abusive practices for years, but has worked to hide them from the public eye in order to proceed with its cooperative relationship with the Afghan police and military.

Then there's the US military's rape problem within its ranks:

Military sexual assault and rape ‘epidemic’​

Studies suggest as many as one in three female soldiers are raped during their US military service.

Last edited:
Curious that you think attempted rape of an underage girl and trying to kill a woman is to be dismissed because color is involved. Don't see anything that indicates the color of the victims but, if they were persons of color would you still want to dismiss?
Of course he would.

Bring up Black children murdered by gangs in Chicago and watch him dismiss you.

I guess I just did so watch him dismiss me.

I don't think the OP was an all-bad implication. He was just pointing out the down-side of bringing in large numbers of people without the proper time allowed for vetting.

They're not running around loose. They're at Ft McCoy.

I’m confused is it Biden’s fault for leaving Afghans at Kabul airport in a hurry or for bringing unvetted afghans in?

Or is it just Tuesday?

They were still on a military base....they are being vetted and haven't been released.

Barbaric US militarism tried to bomb Afghanistan back to the Stone Age. Who do you think you're fooling? Oh, I see who you're fooling, the "liberal" that liked your comment.

That's hyperbole. If we had wanted to kill everyone in Afghanistan, we could have. Furthermore, we built a lot of infrastructure there that didn't previously exist. What we did there was in vain, naive and in denial of their culture, but it wasn't barbaric.

As for the OP, it feels like they're trying to blame Biden for the fact that two random Afghans are violent predators.

That's hyperbole. If we had wanted to kill everyone in Afghanistan, we could have. Furthermore, we built a lot of infrastructure there that didn't previously exist. What we did there was in vain, naive and in denial of their culture, but it wasn't barbaric.

As for the OP, it feels like they're trying to blame Biden for the fact that two random Afghans are violent predators.

A "progressive" that thinks because the USG didn't kill EVERYONE in Afghanistan that militarism isn't barbaric? What part of bombing the shit out of a country and people is civilized?

Oh look, another "person of color does something bad to a US citizen" thread. Dismissed! 👋
So you're dismissing that a child was almost raped and a woman killed?

The current crop of illegals are not particularly interested in assimilation. They bring their culture, FLAGS, holidays, and way of life and expect us to embrace what they are running away from. They don't want to be American, they just want out of their current situation.

And they were all properly vetted several times before arriving and being turned out on our streets. Thanks Joe.
Because we all know it's very easy to thoroughly vet someone who is coming from a war zone where records are destroyed or of questionable integrity.

When these Afghan men with 12 year old brides in this country get them pregnant I do hope the liberals embrace their culture and encourage large families.We must overlook our statutory rape laws in this case.
Wait a minute, I thought you guys were mad that Biden left our Afghan allies behind. Now you're mad because he brought them in?

Wait a minute, I thought you guys were mad that Biden left our Afghan allies behind. Now you're mad because he brought them in?

Isn't it amazing?

When these Afghan men with 12 year old brides in this country get them pregnant I do hope the liberals embrace their culture and encourage large families.We must overlook our statutory rape laws in this case.
I guess we'd need to sort ourselves out before telling others what to do, no?

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 4.23.01 PM.png
Source

Child marriage occurred most frequently among 16- and 17-year olds.
Some 96% of the children wed were age 16 or 17, though a few were as young as 10

10-Year-Olds: 5 (<1%)
11-Year-Olds: 1 (<1%)
12-Year-Olds: 14 (<1%)
13-Year-Olds: 78 (<1%)
14-Year-Olds: 1,223 (<1%)
15-Year-Olds: 8,199 (4%)
16-Year-Olds: 63,956 (29%)
17-Year-Olds: 148,944 (67%)

The good news is not many are 12 year olds, but certainly a fair share of those 16-17. Most states require people be 18 and as the age of consent to marry, but it's 16 for most with parental consent. Massachusetts is as young as 12 with parental consent.

Yep. Everone is welcome!! No vetting required. That would be racist.
They could have been vetting and granting people entry visas a year ago, when we cut the deal with the Taliban to leave. Because the previous guy failed to do his job, the current guy rushed it.

Naw, they are just so tired of defending the ineptitude of the previous guy they can't wait to dish it out...... except that the previous guy's fingerprints are all over almost everything they complain about now. As per above, we made the decision to leave Afghanistan in February of 2020. That is when the exit planning should have begun. Any failure to plan the exit begins with Trump.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom