• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Afghan mission ends in death for 6 US, 2 Europeans, 2 Afghans; Taliban claim responsi

Re: Afghan mission ends in death for 6 US, 2 Europeans, 2 Afghans; Taliban claim resp

FYI I was talking about the Missionaries.

They went backing packing around bandit country with nothing more then good intentions.

That's great in a FAIRY TALE, in RL it GET'S YOU KILLED.

Were' they brave? In their own way. Did they die needlessly? YES.

Well, ****! So much for backing you up! Thanks!!

If anyone is the arrogant fools, it's the Taliban, that think they can just kill anyone that doesn't march in lockstep with their Islamist ideology.

Re: Afghan mission ends in death for 6 US, 2 Europeans, 2 Afghans; Taliban claim resp

I DO hope people get that my comments are because I HATE TO SEE GOOD PEOPLE DIE. These were good people, they died stupidly, stupid deaths piss me off.

How about "arrogant" people?
Do you hate to see them die?

Missionaries have been in Afghanistan from day one. Some of them are doing really amazing work, while others are just there to convert. I applaud the former and despise the latter. Aid should not be contingent upon conversion to Christianity.

As for the people who went into the mountains, I have mixed feelings. Their hearts were in the right place but going into an unsecured area like that is kind of short sighted. There are many organizations that go into war zones in order to provide aid and many come in direct line of fire, but they usually have support nearby. Going into dangerous conditions that are also isolated is not really the smartest thing to do.

Also... it's important to keep in mind that even though the Taliban claims responsibility, they might not have done it. There are any number of tribal factions in Afghanistan, some of whom hate westerners. They could have killed them for being on their territory, and then the Taliban took credit.

If anyone is the arrogant fools, it's the Taliban, that think they can just kill anyone that doesn't march in lockstep with their Islamist ideology.

They traveled with no security and posted up where they were going on FaceBook beforehand, complete with a map.

They were unarmed and ran (can't blame 'em) when the **** hit the fan, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it and were summarily executed

Sadly....What it really is is being a fool, they are also dead fools.

Time to get out of Af and Iraq. Let the Muslims kill each other. We've done more than enough.

It was my fault, I wasn't as clear as I should have been. I just hate reading stories of people dying like this. The BLAME of course is on the Taliban, but that's a given IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom