• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Afghan Man faces death penalty for being Christian

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060319/...istian_convert

Regardless of whether you are Christian, pagan, or follow another faith, this article is a prime example for WN's to use when discussing what is waiting in the wings in Europe if the current flood of immigration is allowed to continue.

Islamic leaders in Britain, Norway, and elsewhere have bragged relentlessly how Europe is going to be "Islamic". There was even a recent poll in Britain that said 40% of Muslims in Britain supported the idea of instituting Sharia law.

Well, folks, this article shows what Sharia Law will bring to the west.

I thought it was real "cute" that the judge pointed out how this case is not "against" any particular religion in the world, but that in Afghanistan this man's conversion was an attack on Islam.

The Muslims state quite clearly that the Koran is very clear on what to do with this man that converted to Christianity...namely kill him.

Is this taking place in some "radical" area of Afghanistan where the Taliban is resurgent? Nope. It is taking place right in Kabul, which is the heart of the international military presence. It is taking place right within the UN protected and UN approved government structure.

THIS is what all of the European soldiers and US soldiers are risking IED's, ambushes, etc. for.

I'm also pretty sure that this story is not what is told in classrooms when they are talking about different "cultures".

Here is a good example of what a dominant muslim culture is like.

I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for the western organized religious leaders to raise hell about this, and nor am I waiting for the UN to raise issues on the clear violations of its rights charter by a government installed and protected by the UN, but I would love to see what all their "official" responses to this story are.

I wish there was a way to get this story into the hands of every western soldier in Afghanistan so they would REALLY know what they are protecting and fighting for.

This should serve as a good reason for all of them to hurry back to the west and repatriate all of these islamic bastards right back out to their lovely societies where there is no freedom of belief (and a death penalty for it, in fact.)

This is the ultimate end for everyone if we allow Muslims to become majorities in the west and do nothing about it. The liberals and Jews will continue to fight this to death just so we can be tolerant anti racists. I wonder how tolerant they are going to be when the swords of righteousness kidnaps them and threatens to cut their heads off. They will be crying and beginning for help but it just wont be there. :(

Wow, sounds like the Islamaniacs persecute christians worse than rightwingers persecute liberals.:shock:

Linkage no worky.

My first thought is - if it is a democracy and they allowed this into law there is nothing we can do about it as it is another country.

It is truely sick indeed.

Okthis is f***ed up to say the least..
Can we just go head and ban islam now?

http://www.startribune.com/614/story/316757.html
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/19032006/140/christian-convert-faces-death-penalty.html
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wn_report/story/401200p-339874c.html

Afghans may kill Christian convert

KABUL, Afghanistan - An Afghan man is being prosecuted in a Kabul court and could be sentenced to death on a charge of converting from Islam to Christianity, a crime under this country's Islamic laws, a judge said yesterday.

The trial is believed to be the first of its kind in Afghanistan and highlights a struggle between religious conservatives and reformists over what shape Islam should take here four years after the ouster of the Islamic fundamentalist Taliban regime.

Abdul Rahman, 41, was arrested last month after his family accused him of becoming a Christian, Judge Ansarullah Mawlavezada said.

During a one-day hearing Thursday, the defendant confessed that he converted from Islam to Christianity 16 years ago while working as a medical aid worker for an international Christian group helping Afghan refugees in Pakistan, Mawlavezada said.

vauge said:
Linkage no worky.

My first thought is - if it is a democracy and they allowed this into law there is nothing we can do about it as it is another country.

It is truely sick indeed.

Do you understand why I left the republican party? Bush is a alleged Christian who is a beacon of values for America and yet he doesn't object to this as the leader of the free world nor does the UN as of now. Is this what we are fighting for? I dont know what is worse the taliban or the American backed regime. This is not American and is only a preview of what our world leaders have in store for the world. Human rights what a bunch of bullshit. The UN and this adminstration need to be tried for human rights abuses. If Bush doesnt say anything or prevent this he should be tried for treason.

Right. I'm willing to donate $100 towards a one-way ticket to Afghanistan for AmericanPatriot29. Who's with me?

Hey wait and minute.....

I thought we turned Afghanistan into a democracy were people could say and do and worship whatever they like. :roll:

That is what Bush and his administration said? Right? :lol: Or was that propaganda for the masses?

vergiss said:
Right. I'm willing to donate $100 towards a one-way ticket to Afghanistan for AmericanPatriot29. Who's with me?
My $100 is in...

This makes me sick. Alright, bring the troops home. This whole afghanistan thing was obviously a failure. Let them kill themselves off I they want, just don't ask for our protection when you are doing it. And bring them home from Iraq while we're at it. We obviously suck at nationbuilding which is probably why it is outlawed by the UN in the first place. Why stay in Iraq when its going to end up the same exact way. When will we learn from our mistakes?

Easy folks, Rome was not built in a day, and we would never had heard this story had our troops not gone over there and allowed for these stories to finally see the light of day. I hate this story, it makes me ill, but I am glad the world is finally hearing what goes on there, this is business as usual there, but not anymore, not if we continue to shed light on it.

Next stop, the genocide in Africa, another Muslim tragedy.

vergiss said:

Why don't you just shut your hole, that's all you do is come in these threads with your angry, uninformed opinions, I can see those black finger nails going as we speak.:roll:

Arthur Fonzarelli said:
Despite the defeat of the totalitarian Taliban and the existence of a U.S.-backed "moderate" democratic government, it is a capital crime for Afghanis to openly embrace any religion other than Islam. Sharia law, embedded in the Afghan constitution, overrides its human rights provisions.

http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns/michellemalkin/2006/03/22/190774.html

And exactly why we need to stay, educate, and demand the freedoms we all take for granted daily. If we don't do it, who will?

Deegan said:
And exactly why we need to stay, educate, and demand the freedoms we all take for granted daily. If we don't do it, who will?

OK, fair enough. The thing that upsets me the most I guess is the fact that some people in this country are still calling it a success. Where is the success? Is it the fact that Nothing changed but the media coverage? I don't quite think that was worth what we paid for it.

Deegan said:
Why don't you just shut your hole, that's all you do is come in these threads with your angry, uninformed opinions, I can see those black finger nails going as we speak.:roll:

Uh huh. So why react if you're so calm and mature? :lol: Yep, defend the white supremacist, a real smart move there.

Deegan said:
Easy folks, Rome was not built in a day...

I think that over four years is enough time to ensure the government we help set up gives its citizens basic human rights. We sacrificed men and money for what? A brand-new Islamic extremist government. Good one. :roll:

mnpollock said:
OK, fair enough. The thing that upsets me the most I guess is the fact that some people in this country are still calling it a success. Where is the success? Is it the fact that Nothing changed but the media coverage? I don't quite think that was worth what we paid for it.

We went there to rid the country of Taliban rule and liberate the people from the Taliban, we did this, Success was achieved, We stay to help rebuild the country we had to destroy. The condition of war if we win is to help rebuild their communities so they can rebuild their lives.

ThePhoenix said:
We went there to rid the country of Taliban rule and liberate the people from the Taliban, we did this, Success was achieved, We stay to help rebuild the country we had to destroy. The condition of war if we win is to help rebuild their communities so they can rebuild their lives.

Yes I agree that we did rid PARTS of the country of the Taliban. But I also remember everybody toting the whole FREEDOM idea. From the looks of it, we only got it 50% right.

Meh. They let him go amid allegations of mental illness.
Karzai did the right thing in supporting his release.

Official: Afghan Christian To Be Freed

"The Quran is very clear and the words of our prophet are very clear. There can only be one outcome: death."-cleric Khoja Ahmad Sediqi

I hope some "peaceful muslim" does not catch and kill this poor guy in the near future but thats the way it looks like things may go right now.

Essentially, the libs gloating about this are like children screeching "NYAH NYAH NYAH!! You couldn't bring a 15th century society into the 21st in five years! NYAH NYAH NYAH! You failed! gigggle tee hee"

Oh wait, he's a catholic, then I don't care. If he was a Baptist then that's another story.

In any case, we should have a law in America banning false religions and teach the words of Jesus chirst. (Baptism).

alphamale said:
Essentially, the libs gloating about this are like children screeching "NYAH NYAH NYAH!! You couldn't bring a 15th century society into the 21st in five years! NYAH NYAH NYAH! You failed! gigggle tee hee"

Well.... you now lost me alphamale. The intellegence that your article displays is obviously well above a simple mechanical engineer... I am no match for your wit.

Hey, how to you spell facetious?

Actually, if Afghanistan were like the Middle East of the medieval era, there'd be no problems. Whilst Europeans were busy burning people at the stake and torturing them to death for "heresy", the Muslims in the Orient respected their Jewish and Christian countrymen (many of whom had fled from persecution in Europe) and were centuries ahead in things such as, oh, I dunno... algebra, astonomy, philosophy, unimportant stuff like that...

AmericanPatriot29 said:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060319/...istian_convert

Regardless of whether you are Christian, pagan, or follow another faith, this article is a prime example for WN's to use when discussing what is waiting in the wings in Europe if the current flood of immigration is allowed to continue.

WN's? White Nationalists? Give me a break.

AmericanPatriot29 said:
Do you understand why I left the republican party? Bush is a alleged Christian who is a beacon of values for America and yet he doesn't object to this as the leader of the free world nor does the UN as of now. Is this what we are fighting for? I dont know what is worse the taliban or the American backed regime. This is not American and is only a preview of what our world leaders have in store for the world. Human rights what a bunch of bullshit. The UN and this adminstration need to be tried for human rights abuses. If Bush doesnt say anything or prevent this he should be tried for treason.

Bush has put in word to the Karzie to stop this outrage.

mnpollock said:
Well.... you now lost me alphamale. The intellegence that your article displays is obviously well above a simple mechanical engineer... I am no match for your wit.

Hey, how to you spell facetious?

Why do pulley's work? I know how they work, and know the equations to calculate the forces. Need heuristic answer.

Back
Top Bottom