• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Affluenza Teen Sentenced to 2 Years

blackjack50

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A Texas judge ordered Ethan Couch to spend 720 days in jail as a condition for his continued probation for a 2013 fatal drunken-driving crash. CNN affilifate KTVT reports. Source: KTVT

'Affluenza' teen gets two years in jail - CNN Video

This may be old news, and I am not sure about that. I didn't see any articles here. But this scumbag is getting 2 years while 4 got a death sentence. What the **** is wrong with our legal system? Someone needs to check the judges off shore account. 2 ****ing years? Really?

This may be old news, and I am not sure about that. I didn't see any articles here. But this scumbag is getting 2 years while 4 got a death sentence. What the **** is wrong with our legal system? Someone needs to check the judges off shore account. 2 ****ing years? Really?

I do think that the system seems inconsistent sometimes. But I also suspect that a sustainable solution needs to begin shaping behavior earlier than with the sentencing.

I do think that the system seems inconsistent sometimes. But I also suspect that a sustainable solution needs to begin shaping behavior earlier than with the sentencing.

While I agree, in this case, this is a travesty. How can you get 2 years? This kid killed 4 people by committing an act that nobody can truly claim to be ignorant of the danger of. If there were true justice he may not have gotten the death penalty, but he would be serving a lot longer with the pictures of the 4 in that cell.

While I agree, in this case, this is a travesty. How can you get 2 years? This kid killed 4 people by committing an act that nobody can truly claim to be ignorant of the danger of. If there were true justice he may not have gotten the death penalty, but he would be serving a lot longer with the pictures of the 4 in that cell.

yeah but he's rich and white?

Laura Bush's Fatal Accident : snopes.com

It happens.

And? What are you saying? That Laura Bush was the same as a drunken idiot who claims his wealth was what caused him to not understand the consequences of drinking and driving? It doesn't "just happen."

I'm saying rich people buy influence all the time. What are you saying, that she should not have been prosecuted because she was a nice cute young lady? A young man died because of her mistake.

I'm saying rich people buy influence all the time. What are you saying, that she should not have been prosecuted because she was a nice cute young lady? A young man died because of her mistake.

Nobody is saying she shouldn't have faced charges. But we are taking about is a huge difference in charges. Laura didn't operate the vehicle in a grossly negligent manner. As it stated night time and documented poor eyesight. How does that compare to the death of 4 people because he got behind the wheel drunk?

It doesn't.

If the kid gets two years, then the parents deserve infinity years behind bars. They're the extraordinary douchnozzles that gave the kid the sense of entitlement and utterly warped values he had; which allowed him to tell the surviving victims his father "would fix everything" and then drive away from the scene.

Back
Top Bottom