• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Advice on gun purchasing

Hypersonic

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I've been recently interested in purchasing the Glock 34 and have been watching videos on reviews about the G34 as many of the reviewers give high praises. So I'm hoping gun owners can share some light on the Glock and also maybe you guys can display (via picture) some of your guns and tell me why you purchased them.

The following pictures are the guns I currently own.....

The following is a Five Seven I own:

Five Seven.jpg

The second picture is my very first gun I bought the S&W Sigma 9mm

Sigma.jpg

ph_sports_games.2749.1.jpg

I unfortunately had to sell it to my dad when I moved to Germany, but I loved the Bersa Thunder for several reasons:

- The gun nut review websites gave it amazing ratings
- The price was $300 brand new
- The gun felt AMAZING in my hands. As if crafted for me.
- It's a nail driver. I was really shocked at how accurate it was
- SUPER compact, fit perfect in my jeans pocket.
- Was modeled after the Walther PPK, James Bond's gun.

I'd highly recommend it to anyone, I've never met an unsatisfied Bersa Thunder owner.

I'm still a 1911 fan. I have only 2-45s now and one is an heirloom WWII era and the other a recent Colt. I don't shoot the 45s much now and have switched to 1911s in 9mm. I currently enjoy a Colt s70 commander 9mm as my EDC. My Kimber, Spingfield, and RIA are great 9mms I like all three and am hoping for a full size Colt 9mm 1911 soon. 1911s are just great looking, functioning and easy for me to handle.

The Ruger P series 85,89,94,95 is also a favorite, hi cap 9mms, ugly as hell but function flawlessly.

I thought hard about a glock as my first gun purchase, but in the end, I went with a Springfield XDM 9mm instead (which is basically a glock clone). I mostly chose it just because it felt better in my hand than the glock. It's been a great gun so far, no malfunctions, and it'll fire any ammo you run through it.

xdm9mm55666.jpg

I also own a Colt 1911 and would highly recommend those as well.

I've been recently interested in purchasing the Glock 34 and have been watching videos on reviews about the G34 as many of the reviewers give high praises. So I'm hoping gun owners can share some light on the Glock and also maybe you guys can display (via picture) some of your guns and tell me why you purchased them.

The following pictures are the guns I currently own.....

The following is a Five Seven I own:

View attachment 67152341

The second picture is my very first gun I bought the S&W Sigma 9mm

View attachment 67152340

ive never owned a glock,many of their older models were nightmares to maintain,which led to people using solvent dip to clean their glocks fue to how tedious many of the older ones were to dissasemble.for a while some glock models were prone to jamming and exploding,this was due to them using sheet metal thin barrels and removing metal insterts from the plastic slides,which anyone who knows anything mechanical knows you cant have two parts of the same hardness moving against eachother,one has to be harder while the softer acts as a cusion.as far as i know they fixed that problem on those certain models long ago(probably someone whos a glock expert would know the model)

my brother owned a sigma and loved it,his was 9 mil also,and it was simple and reliable.

but for my choice im still a revolver fan.i like pistols,but i dont trust them enough.1911's for example even though one of the most rocksolid pistoldesigns ever,can fail in a heartbeat.this is because the 1911 is made by a whole bunch of manufacturors,each with different quality control and design variations.many other pistols ive seen have failed when i lived in cali because they werent rugged enough for the heat and sand,and glocks tend to have an issue with hollow point and copper plated rounds jamming due to how they designed many of their pistols.

ive never owned a glock,many of their older models were nightmares to maintain,which led to people using solvent dip to clean their glocks fue to how tedious many of the older ones were to dissasemble.for a while some glock models were prone to jamming and exploding,this was due to them using sheet metal thin barrels and removing metal insterts from the plastic slides,which anyone who knows anything mechanical knows you cant have two parts of the same hardness moving against eachother,one has to be harder while the softer acts as a cusion.as far as i know they fixed that problem on those certain models long ago(probably someone whos a glock expert would know the model)

my brother owned a sigma and loved it,his was 9 mil also,and it was simple and reliable.

but for my choice im still a revolver fan.i like pistols,but i dont trust them enough.1911's for example even though one of the most rocksolid pistoldesigns ever,can fail in a heartbeat.this is because the 1911 is made by a whole bunch of manufacturors,each with different quality control and design variations.many other pistols ive seen have failed when i lived in cali because they werent rugged enough for the heat and sand,and glocks tend to have an issue with hollow point and copper plated rounds jamming due to how they designed many of their pistols.

What kind of revolver do you have or favor?

What kind of revolver do you have or favor?

i have a remington new army cap and ball.

its not even modern and its a civil war replica,but its deadly accurate and scares the living crap out of people.between my new army 44 cal and my remington 870 shotgun,ive never had to actually shoot anyone,the fear they brought always made them run away.

fyi i dont oil the slide on my shotgun,its metal sounds dry is so loud and distinct just me pumping it sends people running,which is my whole plan,because courtrooms police interrigations etc all suck,id rather not sit through them unless i actually had to from self defense.

fyi my revolver is in my sig picture,i like it also because its large size fits perfect in my hands,unlike smaller revolvers,pistols.

Last edited:
i have a remington new army cap and ball.

its not even modern and its a civil war replica,but its deadly accurate and scares the living crap out of people.between my new army 44 cal and my remington 870 shotgun,ive never had to actually shoot anyone,the fear they brought always made them run away.

fyi i dont oil the slide on my shotgun,its metal sounds dry is so loud and distinct just me pumping it sends people running,which is my whole plan,because courtrooms police interrigations etc all suck,id rather not sit through them unless i actually had to from self defense.

fyi my revolver is in my sig picture,i like it also because its large size fits perfect in my hands,unlike smaller revolvers,pistols.

Damn that revolver looks clean..Ok. Well I haven't made it to the gun shop but I am going this week. FYI California is stupid strict so we don't get the automatic weapons or 15 round clips like some states do.

I didn't realize you lived in California. You don't need a gun, just call 911 if there is a problem.

Back
Top Bottom