• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Advertisers Flee As Tucker Goes on Vacation

I hear lots of unhinged, outrageous comments from people on the political left on CNN and MSNBC. I have not called for a boycott or for them to be removed from the air. I change the channel. If you dont like Tucker, dont watch him. There are plenty of liberal alternatives.

You are a liar. (very Trumpian of you)

Unhinged and outrageous is strictly a wingnut attribute. Conspiracy theory journalism is another Fox News specialty. You don't see any conspiracy nonesence from the responsible main stream media

Ive called for boycotts?

No, but you're calling the folks who are calling for boycotts in this situation fascists so the question is whether you feel the same about Trump and Hannity doing the same thing. The former was mentioned in this thread but I don't recall you sharing an opinion on that particular instance.

I hear lots of unhinged, outrageous comments from people on the political left on CNN and MSNBC. I have not called for a boycott or for them to be removed from the air. I change the channel. If you dont like Tucker, dont watch him. There are plenty of liberal alternatives.

Look, in normal circumstances I could understand. But to make a comment at this time, in light of everything from Oklahoma City to the present l, sort of stinks. Still think it would be better to debate him. But remember, he commented that immigration would make the country unrecognizable, that is sort of quoted by the recent shooter, and he maintains there is not a problem.

No, but you're calling the folks who are calling for boycotts in this situation fascists so the question is whether you feel the same about Trump and Hannity doing the same thing. The former was mentioned in this thread but I don't recall you sharing an opinion on that particular instance.

This particular boycott is being done for the sole purpose of silencing a political critic of the left. Period.

I honestly dont recall it. Im not doubting you, but I dont hang on his every utterance the way you guys do.

Do you remember when O'Reilly lost his advertisers? Didn't take long for him to fall.
Do you remember the recent outcry about Starbucks, Nike...?
Both sides love to call for boycotts, it is nothing new. It just depends how serious the "offense" is, how many stand behind their conviction, and how sought after the 'product'. Some can be replaced, ChikfilA can not. ( yeah yeah, I know, bad grammar, but c'mon)

I honestly dont recall it. Im not doubting you, but I dont hang on his every utterance the way you guys do.

It was news back in June when he went to Europe. I don't hang on his utterance either, but he's the POTUS so his comments make news; which this did.

Pretty sure if Tucker returns in two weeks, his show will have one big infomercial for My Pillow and Condoms. Which is actually pretty fitting.

Tucker Carlson’s downplaying of white supremacy reinvigorates year-long boycott effort

Strange, and he's still doing so much better than his opponents. Not to mention he doesn't have to go around spreading lies, or try to get their shows canceled, or try to get their sponsors chased off.

Strange how it's only the left we can see out in the front, doing this.

why does protesting seem strange to you? You're pretty much saying we should just nod our heads and not do anything when this guy says openly racist stuff on TV. Sorry, That's not how America works. We kinda love protesting stuff, ya know...

Citation needed

Freedom of expression does not include the platform to express it.

Fox is not going to give me a show on their channel, they are oppressing my freedom of speech right?

That's a pretty asinine way of making an argument, when Captain Adverse is pretty much hit the nose of the problem.

That's a pretty asinine way of making an argument, when Captain Adverse is pretty much hit the nose of the problem.

Certainly not

Conservatives in general are very hypocritical in on this issue

They want the ability to boycott what ever they want, but when something they like gets boycotted they scream freedom of expression. Tucker is free to express himself in any way he wants. Fox is under no requirement to provide him the platform to do so. The advertisers on Fox are under no obligation to spend money on his show. Nor is Fox obligated to provide me with that platform

Now lets discuss Kaepernick. Conservatives were up in arms on his freedom of expression, saying he should keep it to himself. Heck the NFL basically blacklisted him because of his expression yet very few defended his right to express himself.

Overall if Advertisers do not want to advertise on his show because of the negative image it might prevent, they are not obligated to continue advertising on it. If that is going to cost Fox money, Fox is under no obligation to keep him on TV. Just as the NFL was not obligated to keep Kaepernick in the NFL

Certainly not

Conservatives in general are very hypocritical in on this issue

They want the ability to boycott what ever they want, but when something they like gets boycotted they scream freedom of expression. Tucker is free to express himself in any way he wants. Fox is under no requirement to provide him the platform to do so. The advertisers on Fox are under no obligation to spend money on his show. Nor is Fox obligated to provide me with that platform

Now lets discuss Kaepernick. Conservatives were up in arms on his freedom of expression, saying he should keep it to himself. Heck the NFL basically blacklisted him because of his expression yet very few defended his right to express himself.

Overall if Advertisers do not want to advertise on his show because of the negative image it might prevent, they are not obligated to continue advertising on it. If that is going to cost Fox money, Fox is under no obligation to keep him on TV. Just as the NFL was not obligated to keep Kaepernick in the NFL
I would need some sort of citation in order o believe this. Because even when I was taking part in these same campaigns back in the earlier 2000s. I never once saw the republicans come back at us in such a way.

That is also not why Kaepernick was black listed. If you ask his teammates, and the coaches. It was because he was too toxic, divisive, and him doing that stunt was what broke the bank.

Lets beat up on Fletch, lets. He dares to think differently. Lets do that. Funny haha

No, he just makes incredibly stupid posts here and he can't take being called out.

I'm not part of the pity party
If you can't see how inane his posts are, too bad..

Conversation about Carlson.
Talking about a member who disagrees with you
What was the topic again? Sorry, I got all confused.

Carry on. I have just been told we are to watch a "great movie".

Its a good thing that I am used to doing all the thinking for you liberals, so I really dont mind. The point of the boycott is to silence Tucker. The unhinged, fascist left wants to silence the voice of someone with whom they politically disagree simply because they disagree. Now, I like you, but I am done holding your hand through this conversation. You are on your own now. Try and come up with something bright.

The point of all boycotts is to oppose someone else's points of views and their funding for it. You're saying it's facist when the left does it. That's pretty weak reasoning, but it seems to fly for intelligence on the right. It seems advertisers are choosing all on their own to disassociate with Tucker's show.

Lol, we get it. It's facist to not want to pay for stuff that gets other people funded.

Sent from the Matrioshka in the WH Christmas tree.

Conversation about Carlson.
Talking about a member who disagrees with you
What was the topic again? Sorry, I got all confused.

Carry on. I have just been told we are to watch a "great movie".

Aww, nothing beats passive aggressive postings...

Excuse me, but where in my response did I quote the First Amendment?

I said "freedom of expression," which is not dependent on the Constitution but rather on OUR willingness to permit it as individuals, groups, societies, and nations.

I fully understand the nature of "boycotts." That's why I am personally boycotting Gillette. Why way back when I did not buy orange juice while Anita Bryant was the face of that industry.

In fact, I am "expressing" my opinion now about all of this one-sided de-platforming.

We have Google (and thus YouTube), Twitter, and Facebook to name a few, using their power over the internet to influence public opinion by promoting one "side" over the other by banning or making invisible views they don't agree with. Meanwhile we have most of the MSM also pushing the same view point modification in opinion and commentary pretending to be news.

I am concerned about the clear propagandizing designed to meld minds going on in all of these media. So when I see the few that still offer opposing (whether agreeable or not) views being forced out it troubles me.

THAT is my point.

You didn't, you inferred it by using "freedom of expression" which is another way of saying "freedom of speech" because the Supreme Court has in the past viewed expression as free speech. Further inferred by using a reference to a fictional government body that is normally used by the right to infer an intrusion on the First Amendment.

You may not have meant it....but you were writing about the First Amendment in the end.

Lets beat up on Fletch, lets. He dares to think differently. Lets do that. Funny haha

Thanks, Lovebug, but no one is beating up on me, least of all beefheart. He is infatuated with me for some reason and likes to follow me around and throw mud.

No, he just makes incredibly stupid posts here and he can't take being called out.

Time for you to man up, beefy. Quote one these supposedly 'incredibly stupid posts' and shine it up with your brilliance. Try something new. Add something to a discussion for once.

As far as white supremacists, I always thought the angry white Democrats, personified white supremacy in terms of their actions. Aren't they the ones who came up wth PC. PC assumes white Democrats, are so superior, they can set the rules of conversation when it comes to race and sex.

Don't these same white Democrats apologize for being so privileged, What kind of person apologizes for being so superior, to where it makes them feel guilty? There was a town meeting and one the Democrat candidates was asked by a women in the audience why she needed to feel guilty for being white, when her city was feeling hard times and she was struggling. To the Democrats even that should make you guilty, since you are so superior to everyone; paraphrase.

Don't the white Democrats call themselves the intellectual elites? Don't White Democrats define everyone with racial identities? If it quacks like a duck!

There was an interview with the Daughter of Martin Luther King and she said that she had experienced racism in her past. Based on her own experience of racism, at the hands of 1960's Democrats, Trump is not a racist. The angry white Democrats are trying to speak for the blacks, since they feel so superior that they think they know better. The blacks have to correct the moron white elitists.

Democrats tend to project their behavior onto others. From these accusations, they define who they are.

Back
Top Bottom