• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ADP: Employers Added Only 247,000 Jobs in April, Below Expectations

NuffSaid

Not Conceding!
DP Veteran
Reaction score

As expected through various reports, the number of jobs added in April slowed down from what was added in the previous few months.

From the article:
"Notably, employment among small businesses fell by 120,000, while large businesses added 321,000 workers. Small businesses are typically less resilient to economic forces than larger companies."

I hope this is a small hiccup and employment kicks back up in May, but I am not holding my breath.

As expected through various reports, the number of jobs added in April slowed down from what was added in the previous few months.

From the article:
"Notably, employment among small businesses fell by 120,000, while large businesses added 321,000 workers. Small businesses are typically less resilient to economic forces than larger companies."

I hope this is a small hiccup and employment kicks back up in May, but I am not holding my breath.
We're still a percentage point below pre-pandemic levels, so there's still some room for growth, but I suspect it will start leveling out with perhaps some surges during the summer months as travel ramps up.

From the article:

If you want to curb inflation, this is going to happen.

"Only" ?

That is ca. 3 million more jobs a year with that pace.

US population growth is only 1-2 million a year right now, so the labour market is creating twice as many jobs right now as population growth would suggest ...

From the article:

The article seems to claim that, below, is the problem:

“While hiring demand remains strong, labor supply shortages caused job gains to suffer both for goods producers and services providers.”

"Only" ?

US population growth is only 1-2 million a year right now, so the labour market is creating twice as many jobs right now as population growth would suggest ...

The problem, according to the OP's article, is we're at full employment, and there's few workers left in the pool of available workers. We need more workers!

Reference:

“While hiring demand remains strong, labor supply shortages caused job gains to suffer both for goods producers and services providers.”

Biden is leading us into recession. Another accomplishment of his

The article seems to claim that, below, is the problem:
Actually hidden in the data are those who stay on the roles as 'job seeker' who have no intent on going to work. They just schedule an interview then never show. Requirement met to remain on UE

Actually hidden in the data are those who stay on the roles as 'job seeker' who have no intent on going to work. They just schedule an interview then never show. Requirement met to remain on UE

Are you speaking of Unemployment Insurance? I'm confused by "roles", but I suspect you meant, "rolls", as in "unemployment rolls"?

Anyway, pandemic unemployment bennies ended last year! Currently, we're at record low unemployment.

The problem is we've got a hot economy, and not enough workers to go around.

"Only" ?

Conversely, here is what is happening where republicans run the show during the same timeframe:

What about the bls and polling of Biden being at the liberal policies that got you all this omg head explodes..

Back
Top Bottom