• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Admitted Crack Cocaine Using Toronto Mayor Rob Ford to run for Re-election

shrubnose

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Ford, who admitted to using crack cocaine, as he said, "probably in one of my drunken stupors," thinks that the people of Toronto should keep him in the mayors office.

Learn more here: Rob Ford - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What do you guys think?

Would you vote for this guy? Do you think that he deserves another term?

I would need to learn a little more about his opponents, but right now I'd be inclined to vote for someone else if I was a resident of Toronto.

Last edited:
I don't care either way. If he's the guy that the majority wants for the job, then that's who they get. If I were a voter, I'd probably not vote for him, but it would depend on who was running against him. I'd rather have someone who was not quite so impulsive, as a rule.

Ford, who admitted to using crack cocaine, as he said, "probably in one of my drunken stupors," thinks that the people of Toronto should keep him in the mayors office.

What do you guys think?

I would need to learn a little more about his opponents, but right now I'd be inclined to vote for someone else if I was a resident of Toronto.

I think it is for the residence of Toronto to decide. Personally I have no use for drug users, even less so for hard drug users. I agree on knowing more about his opponents, but this guy would have two strikes against him to begin with. If his opponents turned out worse than he, I probably would sit at home and let others decide which evil they want as their mayor.

I can only hope that there will be a sane and better choice for the residents of T.O. so they can oust this buffoon.

Maybe Olivia Chow will run this time she is quite possibly the only person that could defeat Rob Ford, amazingly.

Olivia Chow, now that would be a complete turn around in political direction wouldn't it. At least she probably won't be chumming around with gang members.

What do you guys think?

The guy's a joke, literally, and he's made a joke of his city. Well, in Canada Toronto's been a joke for awhile but you know what I mean. I can't believe the jackass didn't resign, never mind put his name on the ballot for the next election. There's no bottom to some politicians.
Near edit- almost took the word 'some' out of that last sentence.

I hope he runs and I hope he wins!

So he uses/used crack, good for him. I recently took a prescribed medication that left me unable to sleep for 5 days. That sh.it is worse than crack, so i'm certainly not going to pass judgment on this mayor. For that matter, many doctors are no better/different from drug dealers in this way.

So he uses/used crack, good for him. I recently took a prescribed medication that left me unable to sleep for 5 days. That sh.it is worse than crack, so i'm certainly not going to pass judgment on this mayor. For that matter, many doctors are no better/different from drug dealers in this way.

You haven't seen everything else have you? There is enough to make a reality show.

You haven't seen everything else have you? There is enough to make a reality show.

Why do i care so long as it doesn't impact his job performance?

I would absolutely positively vote for Ford, if I could.

If only my own elected officials were half as entertaining, I'd vote for them happily. I'll never get one who represents my interests elected, so I may as well go for amusement value -- sadly, I haven't found a whole lot of that either.

Well most of them were while on the job.

And did it cause garbage collection to cease, or the police force to shut down etc? You need some evidence that this had any impact on the city's functioning.

This is why we have sh.itty government. Busybodies more concerned that clinton got a blowjob in his office than what he's doing the other 99.9% of the time.

And did it cause garbage collection to cease, or the police force to shut down etc? You need some evidence that this had any impact on the city's functioning.

This is why we have sh.itty government. Busybodies more concerned that clinton got a blowjob in his office than what he's doing the other 99.9% of the time.

Well we don't really want a mayor that is drunk half the time while on the job.

If only my own elected officials were half as entertaining, I'd vote for them happily. I'll never get one who represents my interests elected, so I may as well go for amusement value -- sadly, I haven't found a whole lot of that either.

I think it he has great value as entertainment. Any reason to laugh at TO is a good reason :)

Emigrate to Canada right now and you might get a chance to vote for that dude.

Plus, you can find lots of poutine to eat everywhere.

Emigrate to Canada right now and you might get a chance to vote for that dude.

Plus, you can find lots of poutine to eat everywhere.

You have to go to Quebec to get decent poutine.

What a politician does in their spare time is TOTALLY irrelevant to my voting decision.

If it's legal, it's none of my business.

If it's illegal and only when not at work, let the law handle it.

I don't care (in so far as voting is concerned) if he has sex with table lamps, shoots heroin and fools around on his wife openly while she sits at home bawling about it (btw lady, grow a spine and leave the jerk).
So long as he does better then anyone else at his job...he gets my vote (in theory).

You have to go to Quebec to get decent poutine.

You can find good poutine anywhere that you can find a decent cook.

It doesn't take the best chef in the world to make a decent gravy and pour it over some cheese and french fries.

Anyone who's any kind of cook can do that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom