• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Administration to Support Anti-Israel Resolution at UN Next Week

This is why it is so hard to have discussions involving Israel. The over the top emotional reactions. I put some real time into looking up the claim, discovered that it was not what it was presented to be, and pointed this out. That is not the action of some one taking something as a religious belief. Out of respect to you I want and put my time into checking unsourced claims by others. I did not go into it with an assumption I was right, I went into it with the intention of learning.

What Durbin II shows is that some countries are anti-Israel. I have never claimed otherwise. It also shows that when a country attacks Israel unfairly, the UN will speak out against attacks. Since however any investigation of the actions of the Flotilla incident would not be set up as a conference, any comparison to Durbin is invalid, and using Durbin to claim that the UN is anti-Israel(something I have been called on these boards for saying I was going to wait until the facts where known before I judged a situation).

The terms anti-Israel and anti-semite and terrorist apologist are thrown out far too often around here. There is good reason to question those claims.

What you actually displayed is that you were not at all qualified to speak on the subject before hand because you knew nothing at all about it, have visited web sites that have remained uncredited by way of filling your void in knowledge, and now are accusing the person who knows much more about the issue of being "emotional" while pretending that you are somehow impartial.

Why is it those who never source any of their own statements demand such of others, anyway? Why don't you ever show YOUR sources for the statements you make, especially in cases such as this one where you were first speaking from a position of complete ignorance and now suddenly posit yourself as the utimate arbiter as to how things are while attacking another poster in the process as holding invalid views due to her "emotional" state?

However it was an International Flotilla of people from countries who are in reality Israel's friends. .

To the same degree that the KKK is friends to black folks, yes.

What you actually displayed is that you were not at all qualified to speak on the subject before hand because you knew nothing at all about it, have visited web sites that have remained uncredited by way of filling your void in knowledge, and now are accusing the person who knows much more about the issue of being "emotional" while pretending that you are somehow impartial.

Why is it those who never source any of their own statements demand such of others, anyway? Why don't you ever show YOUR sources for the statements you make, especially in cases such as this one where you were first speaking from a position of complete ignorance and now suddenly posit yourself as the utimate arbiter as to how things are while attacking another poster in the process as holding invalid views due to her "emotional" state?

So why would I source my claims to counter the claims of some one who did not source theirs? If you care to source the claims that I countered, I will happily source mine.

By the way, the irony in your comments had me laughing out loud in real life. Thank you for the humor.

So why would I source my claims to counter the claims of some one who did not source theirs? If you care to source the claims that I countered, I will happily source mine.

By the way, the irony in your comments had me laughing out loud in real life. Thank you for the humor.

You didn't counter anything. You simply grandstanded by trying to fool people into thinking your ignorance somehow makes you superior to Tashah.

But, hey, if you wish to indulge in derision, have at it. Tashah is certainly more than capable........

You didn't counter anything. You simply grandstanded by trying to fool people into thinking your ignorance somehow makes you superior to Tashah.

But, hey, if you wish to indulge in derision, have at it. Tashah is certainly more than capable........

You are welcome to believe whatever nonsense you want to believe.

What Durbin II shows is that some countries are anti-Israel. I have never claimed otherwise. It also shows that when a country attacks Israel unfairly, the UN will speak out against attacks. Since however any investigation of the actions of the Flotilla incident would not be set up as a conference, any comparison to Durbin is invalid, and using Durbin to claim that the UN is anti-Israel (something I have been called on these boards for saying I was going to wait until the facts where known before I judged a situation).
This is Ridiculous and shows a gaping lack of knowledge of this topic.
The UN is an anti-Israel resolution machine and starts every vote with a 57 Muslim nation head start.
It does not speak out and defend Israel, it is the MAIN source for demonizing it.
Only the USA veto has kept it from being even worse. (See below)

What is the evidence that the United Nations is biased against Israel?
Frequently Asked Questions

".....In an analysis of the Security Council's record up to 1989, of 175 total resolutions passed by the Council, 97 were directed against Israel, as contrasted with 4 against all Arab states combined.
The Council expressed its 'concern,' 'grave concern,' 'regret,' 'deep regrets,' 'shock' etc. about Israeli actions 31 times. Regarding Arab actions, the Council Never expressed negative sentiments.
Only the veto power of the US prevented these numbers from being even more one-sided against Israel.

Because it has been blocked from membership in any regional group, Israel is the only nation in the world that is denied the right to hold a seat on the UN Security Council on a rotating basis....."

".......In the years 1947 to 1989, the General Assembly passed a total of 690 resolutions (full or partial). Of these, 429 were against the Israeli position while only 56 were against Arab positions. Of the 56 votes not to the Arabs' liking, 49 concerned the establishment or financing of peace-keeping forces. Absent these, the last anti-Arab vote in the General Assembly, on any issue, was in May of 1949....."

"....The UN has repeatedly held Emergency Special Sessions of the General Assembly on Israeli construction in Jerusalem.
The Emergency Special Session was originally convened in 1950 for emergencies like the Korean War. In the last 15 years, these special meetings have only been held regarding Israel.
Emergency Special Sessions were Not convened over the Genocide in Rwanda, ethnic cleansing in the former Yugoslavia, or with regard to the other major world conflicts, but they were convened to condemn Israelis moving into buildings
they own in territory they have a legitimate claim to...."
You post like you're staking out some middle ground but you have No idea where it is.
And the UN and Israel is a Perfect example.. well known even to those on the other side.

Last edited:
You are welcome to believe whatever nonsense you want to believe.

My beliefs are based upon knowledge rather than the complete lack thereof.

-- or the fact that one of the 'independedt' observers David Trimble is a member of the just launched 'Friends of Israel' project

Aznar, Trimble to launch new pro-Israel project. 'Friends of Israel | Jerusalem Post Newspaper | Find Articles at BNET

Does not inspire much hope.

ANALYSIS

Continue reading the main story
Paul Wood,
BBC News, Jerusalem
An experienced politician like Benjamin Netanyahu knows that getting the outcome you want from a public inquiry is all about the right terms of reference and who you appoint to sit on the inquiry.

So, the commissions' remit does not include looking at the process of government decision making which led to Israeli commando raid. It will instead focus on questions of international law.

And the two foreign observers who have been appointed are seen as friends of Israel.

Turkey - and others critical of Israel - want a fully independent UN commission of inquiry. This demand has now been deflected with the appointment of credible (but not unfriendly) international figures as non-voting observers.

Whatever happens in the commission of inquiry, Israel is under immense pressure - from allies as well as enemies - to lift the Gaza blockade. BBC Page

It's a real shame the military decision making isn't being scrutinised, that the observers will be seen as stooges at worst and non-critical friends at worst.

This was a real opportunity missed.

Back
Top Bottom