• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Administration proposes easing showerhead standards after Trump bemoans water flow

itstony

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Good thing we don't have anything more important to worry about other than Dishonest Donny's pet peeves, right?

Unbelievable.

(CNN)The US Department of Energy on Wednesday released a proposal to roll back water efficiency standards for showerheads, just days after President Donald Trump had publicly aired his water flow grievances, including an inability to wash his "beautiful hair properly."

The proposal takes aim at the 2.5-gallon-per-minute maximum flow rate set by Congress in the 1990s. Under current federal law, each showerhead in a fixture counts toward that limit collectively -- but the Energy Department's plan would let each showerhead reach the 2.5-gallon-per-minute individually.

Administration proposes easing showerhead standards after Trump bemoans water flow - CNNPolitics

"You go into a new home, you turn on the faucet; no water comes out," Trump complained. "You turn on the shower -- if you're like me, you can't wash your beautiful hair properly."

"You waste 20 minutes longer. 'Please come out.' The water -- it drips, right?"

A "billionaire" can't get good water pressure from a shower yet here I am with my $20 shower head from Walmart getting it good? :lol: Okay

Trump said he has to flush 15 times, too. When a toilet refuses to swallow his ****, you know it's bad. Even a toilet has taste.

Just because you are unable to walk and chew gun at the same time does not mean others suffer that same affliction. But when anything Orange Man does is bad is all you have you got to exploit it when you can.

I personally could take or leave this proposal because I have a screwdriver, needle nose pliers, and 30 seconds to remove any flow restrictors

If Trump wasn’t such a lame ass.........

If Trump wasn’t such a lame ass.........

Right. A lot of people remove the flow restrictor, which should make you wonder how effective the regulation is to start with. And the fellow on the video is incorrect. The pressure does not increase when the restrictor is removed. The flow increases, which is why it's called a flow restrictor, and not a pressure reducer. The water pressure remains the same with or without the flow restrictor.

Right. A lot of people remove the flow restrictor, which should make you wonder how effective the regulation is to start with. And the fellow on the video is incorrect. The pressure does not increase when the restrictor is removed. The flow increases, which is why it's called a flow restrictor, and not a pressure reducer. The water pressure remains the same with or without the flow restrictor.

I didn’t watch the video all the way through and parse the words.

My high school physics is well in the rear view mirror, but I think I remember that there is a direct correlation to flow v pressure. The inlet pressure won’t change regardless of the restrictor being in place or not. If you put your finger over the garden hose the pressure increases as flow is restricted and the pressure drops as you remove the restriction. Have I forgotten something?

Trump said he has to flush 15 times, too. When a toilet refuses to swallow his ****, you know it's bad. Even a toilet has taste.

:lamo :lamo :lamo :lamo

I didn’t watch the video all the way through and parse the words.

My high school physics is well in the rear view mirror, but I think I remember that there is a direct correlation to flow v pressure. The inlet pressure won’t change regardless of the restrictor being in place or not. If you put your finger over the garden hose the pressure increases as flow is restricted and the pressure drops as you remove the restriction. Have I forgotten something?

Doesn't matter, but you'd think a company showing everyone how to do it would want to get their information correct.

Doesn't matter, but you'd think a company showing everyone how to do it would want to get their information correct.

So you’re not going to address the physics?

You’d think you would want to get it right.

So you’re not going to address the physics?

You’d think you would want to get it right.

I already did get it right. There is no increase in pressure by removing a flow restrictor. And you didn't address the near uselessness of the regulation given the ease with which restrictors are removed.

I already did get it right. There is no increase in pressure by removing a flow restrictor. And you didn't address the near uselessness of the regulation given the ease with which restrictors are removed.

Remove the restriction and the pressure decreases at the shower head. I never addressed the regulation, try again.

Evidently the stable genius doesn’t know how to do it, but I don’t think he hangs out with handy-men/woman.

Our President is literally to stupid to wash his own hair.

Good thing we don't have anything more important to worry about other than Dishonest Donny's pet peeves, right?

Unbelievable.

(CNN)The US Department of Energy on Wednesday released a proposal to roll back water efficiency standards for showerheads, just days after President Donald Trump had publicly aired his water flow grievances, including an inability to wash his "beautiful hair properly."

The proposal takes aim at the 2.5-gallon-per-minute maximum flow rate set by Congress in the 1990s. Under current federal law, each showerhead in a fixture counts toward that limit collectively -- but the Energy Department's plan would let each showerhead reach the 2.5-gallon-per-minute individually.

Administration proposes easing showerhead standards after Trump bemoans water flow - CNNPolitics

Maybe if Trump lost some weight, it wouldn't be a problem for him.

I live in a desert, I am very judicious with my water (my front lawn attests to that). We have had about 33 days so far this year with temps above 110, if a little water gets conserved in the shower, I don't have a problem with that.

Maybe if Trump lost some weight, it wouldn't be a problem for him.

I live in a desert, I am very judicious with my water (my front lawn attests to that). We have had about 33 days so far this year with temps above 110, if a little water gets conserved in the shower, I don't have a problem with that.

Yeah when I go west, the water seems to trickle. I don't understand the need for this everywhere, but to understand it in some areas and during some times like you know droughts.

Donald Trump just seems to live in a different era. Everything he says reminds me of the archie bunker another queens guy.

Remove the restriction and the pressure decreases at the shower head. I never addressed the regulation, try again.

Evidently the stable genius doesn’t know how to do it, but I don’t think he hangs out with handy-men/woman.

No, it doesn't decrease it to any significant extent. Removing a flow restrictor increases flow.

I, as in me - mentioned that you did not address the relative usefulness of the regulation, given that many find such a way to undercut it's intent. That was in my initial response to your initial post.

I'm not surprised that Trump doesn't take shower heads apart. There's nothing in his history that I know of that would lead me to believe he would any more than Biden, McConnell, Schumer, or any of those politicos would.

Yeah when I go west, the water seems to trickle. I don't understand the need for this everywhere, but to understand it in some areas and during some times like you know droughts.

Donald Trump just seems to live in a different era. Everything he says reminds me of the archie bunker another queens guy.

I have a pool, (its my childhood home, I bought from the rest of the family after parents died), it is a pain in the ass, but I'm not going to fill it in. This morning I noticed it was low on water, so I ran the hose and turned on the pump and filter.

Came out 2 hours later, water level was lower. Turns out that one of the o-rings on the backwash valve broke and was long gone, its scary how a tiny rubber ring could cost me so much water...

No, it doesn't decrease it to any significant extent. Removing a flow restrictor increases flow.

I, as in me - mentioned that you did not address the relative usefulness of the regulation, given that many find such a way to undercut it's intent. That was in my initial response to your initial post.

I'm not surprised that Trump doesn't take shower heads apart. There's nothing in his history that I know of that would lead me to believe he would any more than Biden, McConnell, Schumer, or any of those politicos would.

Increasing flow reduces pressure and vice versa.

To the bolded, I haven’t noted you to be a quibbler before this......

Please point out where I mentioned any regulation in the post you replied to......:shrug:

I have a pool, (its my childhood home, I bought from the rest of the family after parents died), it is a pain in the ass, but I'm not going to fill it in. This morning I noticed it was low on water, so I ran the hose and turned on the pump and filter.

Came out 2 hours later, water level was lower. Turns out that one of the o-rings on the backwash valve broke and was long gone, its scary how a tiny rubber ring could cost me so much water...

Well this is my first season with a pool. Actually never had a pool never wanted one. Couldn't even swim until a few years ago. Covid gave me a complete backyard makeover, a pool and a whole bunch of kids that all their first responder, essential worker parents didn't know what to do with.
In a short time I'll have a pool, industrial sized bouncy house, bikes, scooters, trampoline and no kids.
Hopefully those o rings thingies last a while and I won't have to think about it.

A "billionaire" can't get good water pressure from a shower yet here I am with my $20 shower head from Walmart getting it good? :lol: Okay

usually the flow limiter is a tiny piece of plastic you can remove with tweezers or needle nose pliars

Well this is my first season with a pool. Actually never had a pool never wanted one. Couldn't even swim until a few years ago. Covid gave me a complete backyard makeover, a pool and a whole bunch of kids that all their first responder, essential worker parents didn't know what to do with.
In a short time I'll have a pool, industrial sized bouncy house, bikes, scooters, trampoline and no kids.
Hopefully those o rings thingies last a while and I won't have to think about it.

Not as long as you would like. But, you have to buy a pool cleaning robot. It goes its merry way, cleaning up everything. Mine is from poolfergugen, before the evil Hayward company bought them out.

Just keep a lot of chlorine in it and don't stress too much.

They are too dumb to know how to take a plastic spacer out of the showerhead then they deserve to get a trickle of water. If they buy the new enhanced flow showers they can still save water and get the same shower experience but we won't tell them that.

Not as long as you would like. But, you have to buy a pool cleaning robot. It goes its merry way, cleaning up everything. Mine is from poolfergugen, before the evil Hayward company bought them out.

Just keep a lot of chlorine in it and don't stress too much.

I was looking at getting one of those over the winter. Right now the little rugrats go out there and clean it every morning. So far it's like a new puppy for them, they spend a lot of time with it. Lol

I was looking at getting one of those over the winter. Right now the little rugrats go out there and clean it every morning. So far it's like a new puppy for them, they spend a lot of time with it. Lol

My pool was built in 1970 before all the fencing rules, its a weird one, L shaped with a 9.5 ft deep end. Haven't had a diving board for about 30 years, I should buy one, all we do now in the pool is sit on the big long bench step and read and drink and listen to music. Its 114 degrees here today, being in the pool is like being in slightly thicker air.

Increasing flow reduces pressure and vice versa.

To the bolded, I haven’t noted you to be a quibbler before this......

Please point out where I mentioned any regulation in the post you replied to......:shrug:

The flow restrictor delivers the Bernoulli effect. That is an increase in fluid velocity, and at the point at which the flow restriction occurs, there's actually a decrease in static pressure. See fluid dynamics.

I have twice now mentioned that removing the flow restrictor undercuts the purpose of the regulation. You don't get to laugh at Trump for suggesting the removal of the regulation while promoting the same end yourself. I understand. It's Trump. But still...

And no, I'm not a quibbler. None of this matters. I'm just busy avoiding something entirely different and completely unrelated.

Back
Top Bottom