• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ADL:Glenn Beck's Remarks About Soros And The Holocaust 'Offensive And Over The Top'

pbrauer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I don't watch Glenn Beck so I don't know if he has apologized. Does anyone know?

Glenn Beck's Remarks About Soros And The Holocaust 'Offensive And Over The Top'

New York, NY, November 11, 2010 … The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) today criticized as "completely inappropriate and offensive" remarks by Glenn Beck on his radio and television programs, in which he inaccurately connected George Soros, who was then a young boy, to the actions of others in sending Jews to death camps during the Holocaust.

Re: ADL:Glenn Beck's Remarks About Soros And The Holocaust 'Offensive And Over The To

Soros as a boy did pretend to be a Christian and he had to take things from the Jews. Glenn has said several times the past few days on radio and TV that the young Soros or his parents can't be blamed because who knows how anyone would react to certain things during that evil time. However, Soros has said that that time was a happy time for him. Kinda ...... weird.

Good try, though, pb. ;)

Re: ADL:Glenn Beck's Remarks About Soros And The Holocaust 'Offensive And Over The To

Here's what the ADL is complaining about:

Glenn Beck's description of George Soros' actions during the Holocaust is completely inappropriate, offensive and over the top. For a political commentator or entertainer to have the audacity to say – inaccurately – that there's a Jewish boy sending Jews to death camps, as part of a broader assault on Mr. Soros, that's horrific.

While I, too, may disagree with many of Soros' views and analysis on the issues, to bring in this kind of innuendo about his past is unacceptable. To hold a young boy responsible for what was going on around him during the Holocaust as part of a larger effort to denigrate the man is repugnant.

I'm pretty sure I saw video of Soros (who was 14-ish?) say something along the lines of "that was one of the happiest times of my life". I don't think you're going to get an apology on this one.

Soros as a boy did pretend to be a Christian and he had to take things from the Jews. Glenn has said several times the past few days on radio and TV that the young Soros or his parents can't be blamed because who knows how anyone would react to certain things during that evil time. However, Soros has said that that time was a happy time for him. Kinda ...... weird.

Good try, though, pb. ;)
What do you mean, Good try? This is what Mr. Foxman had to say:

Glenn Beck's description of George Soros' actions during the Holocaust is completely inappropriate, offensive and over the top. For a political commentator or entertainer to have the audacity to say – inaccurately – that there's a Jewish boy sending Jews to death camps, as part of a broader assault on Mr. Soros, that's horrific.

What do you mean, Good try? This is what Mr. Foxman had to say:

No, that's what a commentator had to say.

Get a QUOTE from Beck. Stop quoting what other people say he said.

Good try, though, pb. ;)

I don't think Beck needs to apologize, but this is what he always does. He says "I'm not saying ________ but I'm just asking the question." BS. He's saying exactly what he claims to not be saying. And then a bunch of people think its true because they forget that little disclaimer and then only remember the part on the end. Which is why you have a bunch of his followers saying that Soros factually helped send Jews to death camps and claimed to have enjoyed it. It's not true. It's just remembering the facts wrong because of how they were presented to you. Here's the context of the "happiest times in my life" quote:

It is a sacrilegious thing to say, but these ten months were the happiest times of my life. I was fourteen years old. We were in great peril, but my father was seemingly in command of the situation. I was aware of the dangers, because my father spent a lot of time explaining them to me, but I did not believe in my heart of hearts that I could get hurt. We were pursued by evil forces, and we were clearly on the side of the angels because we were unjustly persecuted. We were trying to save ourselves, but also save others.

He's writing about his father, he's not saying "i was going out sending Jews to death camps with a big grin on my face." Anyway, that's exactly what Beck does: remove the context, ram misinformation into his viewers heads, claim innocence because he "never accused ______ of that." He doesn't need to apologize, but I wish his viewers would understand the tactic he's using, because they're very prone to believing lies.

I don't think Beck needs to apologize, but this is what he always does. He says "I'm not saying ________ but I'm just asking the question." BS. He's saying exactly what he claims to not be saying. And then a bunch of people think its true because they forget that little disclaimer and then only remember the part on the end. Which is why you have a bunch of his followers saying that Soros factually helped send Jews to death camps and claimed to have enjoyed it. It's not true. It's just remembering the facts wrong because of how they were presented to you. Here's the context of the "happiest times in my life" quote:

It is a sacrilegious thing to say, but these ten months were the happiest times of my life. I was fourteen years old. We were in great peril, but my father was seemingly in command of the situation. I was aware of the dangers, because my father spent a lot of time explaining them to me, but I did not believe in my heart of hearts that I could get hurt. We were pursued by evil forces, and we were clearly on the side of the angels because we were unjustly persecuted. We were trying to save ourselves, but also save others.

He's writing about his father, he's not saying "i was going out sending Jews to death camps with a big grin on my face." Anyway, that's exactly what Beck does: remove the context, ram misinformation into his viewers heads, claim innocence because he "never accused ______ of that." He doesn't need to apologize, but I wish his viewers would understand the tactic he's using, because they're very prone to believing lies.

I don't remember the video of him having those exact words coming out of his mouth. It was much creepier.

My great grandma went to school in lithuania with jews...
But none of the lithuanians were good enough for the jews to get them to talk to them. :lamo

Oh jeeze... /antisemitism.

I believe the point is....who the hell calls living in Hungary during the Holocaust the "happiest times of my life"? Something's wrong there.

No, that's what a commentator had to say.

Get a QUOTE from Beck. Stop quoting what other people say he said.

Beck said "here we have this Jewish boy helping to send Jews to gas death camps." Is that acceptable for you, Millie?

Beck said "here we have this Jewish boy helping to send Jews to gas death camps." Is that acceptable for you, Millie?

1. It's "Mellie".

2. Are you claiming that's not a fact or that there should have been a qualifier?

1. It's "Mellie".

2. Are you claiming that's not a fact or that there should have been a qualifier?

Mr. Foxman of the ADL says its over the top, see the OP. Glenn Beck is one sick puppy to bring up the Holocaust. Sick. Sick.

Mr. Foxman of the ADL says its over the top, see the OP. Glenn Beck is one sick puppy to bring up the Holocaust. Sick. Sick.

Um....how is this an answer to my question?

This is what it says in Wikipedia:

Soros was thirteen years old in March 1944 when Nazi Germany occupied Hungary.[15] Soros worked for the Jewish Council,[7] which had been established during the Nazi occupation of Hungary to forcibly carry out Nazi and Hungarian government anti-Jewish measures.[16][17] Soros later described this time to writer Michael Lewis:
The Jewish Council asked the little kids to hand out the deportation notices. I was told to go to the Jewish Council. And there I was given these small slips of paper...It said report to the rabbi seminary at 9 a.m....And I was given this list of names. I took this piece of paper to my father. He instantly recognized it. This was a list of Hungarian Jewish lawyers. He said, "You deliver the slips of paper and tell the people that if they report they will be deported."[18]

Did Beck leave out the part that Soros didn't know what he was doing? That sounds like typical Beck to me.

pb, why don't you actually watch him instead of relying on other people to tell you what he says?

pb, why don't you actually watch him instead of relying on other people to tell you what he says?
I listened to him on Media Matters. Where have I got things wrong? What did Beck say about Soros' interview by Steve Kroft on 60 Minutes?

I listened to him on Media Matters.

That's like going to the cat to find out what the mouse said. Listen to HIS SHOW -- his own words -- not websites that take little clips here and there while adding their own commentary.

Meh. It's probably no use. You think Media Matters is unbiased. :roll:

That's like going to the cat to find out what the mouse said. Listen to HIS SHOW -- his own words -- not websites that take little clips here and there while adding their own commentary.

This is just plain silly, here is the 'clip', 5:36 long and there is no commentary by Media Matters. I suppose their recording devices are biased? Sheesh.

"That's between him and God": Beck regurgitates false smear that Soros helped "send the Jews" to "death camps" | Media Matters for America

how is the bolded part any different than what Beck does (other than Beck going above and beyond mere commentary and further refining his illusions with a huge menagerie of slight of tongue techniques like weasel words, slippery slopes, and straw men)?

The Anti=Defamation League? :rofl!!!

That's a hoot!

Where the hell was the Anti-Defamation League, when Dan Rather falsely accused the President of The United States of desertion?

What the hell do you think the Anti-Defamation League is? :confused: :lamo

Soros worked for the Jewish Council. He even admits it!

Screw the facts, though. Facts mean nothing to the Libbos shills.

What the hell do you think the Anti-Defamation League is? :confused: :lamo

Obviously you missed the humor.

Why does the Anti-Defamation League ignore the fact that Soros worked for the Jewish Council?

Obviously you missed the humor.

Why does the Anti-Defamation League ignore the fact that Soros worked for the Jewish Council?
It's not true, Glenn Beck and other are liars, Beck is a snake-oil salesman.

In Soros: The Life and Times of a Messianic Billionaire - a book cited by Beck during today's program -- Michael T. Kaufman detailed Soros's reaction during the interview, as well as Soros' actions in Nazi-occupied Hungary:
While he was living with Baumbach as Sandor Kiss, an event occurred that more than a half a century later would become the basis of charges that George Soros, the international financier and billionaire, had somehow collaborated with the Nazi occupiers of his homeland and had exploited his fellow Jews.The issue was raised in a bizarre television profile and interview of Soros aired on the CBS television program 60 Minutes in December of 1998. In the segment, Steve Kroft, the interviewer, noted with prosecutorial gusto that George's father had "bribed a government official to swear that you were his godson," and added that this survival strategy "carried a heavy price tag." For, he continued, "as hundreds of thousands of Jews were being shipped off to the Nazi death camps, a thirteen-year-old George Soros accompanied his phony godfather on his rounds, confiscating property from the Jews." Visibly dumbfounded by the line of questioning, Soros could only manage to say that he had no role in the seizure of property and was merely a spectator. To underscore Kroft's point, film footage showed masses of Hungarian Jews being led away at gunpoint.

This is what actually happened.Shortly after George went to live with Baumbach, the man was assigned to take inventory on the vast estate of Mor Kornfeld, an extremely wealthy aristocrat of Jewish origin. The Kornfeld family had the wealth, wisdom, and connections to be able to leave some of its belongings behind in exchange for permission to make their way to Lisbon. Baumbach was ordered to go to the Kornfeld estate and inventory the artworks, furnishings, and other property. Rather than leave his "godson" behind in Budapest for three days, he took the boy with him. As Baumbach itemized the material, George walked around the grounds and spent time with Kornfeld's staff. It was his first visit to such a mansion, and the first time he rode a horse. He collaborated with no one and he paid attention to what he understood to be his primary responsibility: making sure that no one doubted that he was Sandor Kiss. Among his practical concerns was to make sure that no one saw him pee. [Page 37]

It's not true, Glenn Beck and other are liars, Beck is a snake-oil salesman.

amazing ain't it that people that are for making wealth are so much against a person that made wealth ain't it?

Back
Top Bottom