• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ADL:Glenn Beck's Remarks About Soros And The Holocaust 'Offensive And Over The Top'

Re: Lots of people say stupid things, I wish I could get paid to do it too

Glenn Beck draws criticism over latest Holocaust comments | The Upshot Yahoo! News

"Glenn Beck draws criticism over latest Holocaust comments"

Beck said on the radio Wednesday that Soros—as a 13-year-old Jewish boy, living apart from his parents in order to avoid apprehension by the Nazis—"used to go around with this anti-Semite and deliver papers to the Jews and confiscate their property and then ship them off. … It was frightening. Here's a Jewish boy helping send the Jews to the death camps."

"While I, too, may disagree with many of Soros' views and analysis on the issues, to bring in this kind of innuendo about his past is unacceptable," Foxman said. "To hold a young boy responsible for what was going on around him during the Holocaust as part of a larger effort to denigrate the man is repugnant."

soros is a scumbag even if he didn't do that. and in all fairness though, its hard to sit back in the safety of modern American and judge those who were under the plague of Nazism. I know a man-a good man long dead-who was in the SS at age 14. He grew up as a german living in Romania, I asked him why he enlisted in the SS and fought on the Eastern Front (he defected to the USArmy-he knew how to speak English since his father was a professor and taught him). He said it was because his family got extra rations in 1943 for doing that. The man was no Anti semite or Nazi or true believer.

Re: ADL:Glenn Beck's Remarks About Soros And The Holocaust 'Offensive And Over The To

But Taylor, even if you supply the actual quotes, they'll still ignorantly dismiss them without understanding the context.

Beck said on the radio Wednesday that Soros—as a 13-year-old Jewish boy, living apart from his parents in order to avoid apprehension by the Nazis—"used to go around with this anti-Semite and deliver papers to the Jews and confiscate their property and then ship them off. … It was frightening. Here's a Jewish boy helping send the Jews to the death camps.And I am certainly not saying that George Soros enjoyed that, even had a choice. I mean, he's 14 years old. He was surviving. So I'm not making a judgment. That's between him and God."

"While I, too, may disagree with many of Soros' views and analysis on the issues, to bring in this kind of innuendo about his past is unacceptable," Foxman said. "To hold a young boy responsible for what was going on around him during the Holocaust as part of a larger effort to denigrate the man is repugnant."

its hard to sit back in the safety of modern American and judge those who were under the plague of Nazism.

Completed the transcript where it was cut off, since it addresses whether or not Soros should be "judged." Foxman is clearly off base in accusing Beck of "holding the young boy responsible."

I think there's an argument to be made though regarding "innuendo."

Re: ADL:Glenn Beck's Remarks About Soros And The Holocaust 'Offensive And Over The To

But Taylor, even if you supply the actual quotes, they'll still ignorantly dismiss them without understanding the context.
From what I've seen, they come read the thread and stop posting altogether :)

Do we have that whole video so I can see the context around what he was saying? As I showed on my last post you can not trust Beck. He edits and lies way too much to actually trust his editing. Wheres the entire section of what he was talking about. Was he asked a question he was answering? Was he talking about how the times made him and his family closer or something? We have no idea. Where's the whole video and please explain you're take on my last post if you actually take Glenn Beck as trustworthy.
My words in green.
I went back to your post. I didn't find the whole video because I got sidetracked with all the Soros info out there.

SOROS: I think you put your finger on a very important flaw in the current world order, and that is that only Americans have a vote in Congress. And yet, it is the United States that basically determines policy for the world. That is a flaw in the current setup.
[end video clip]

BECK: It's a problem for him that people in China or France don't get to vote, find out who sits in Congress. Is it for you? You need to make a choice. Mr. Soros has made his choice. I have made mine. Tonight you decide.

Glenn stopped clip before Soros said this. He shouldn't have done that.

I don't think you can correct it by giving the Chinese government a vote in Congress. But it is a flaw, and I think this is where American leadership is needed, to take into account and respect the interests of others as well, in order to retain the dominant position we currently enjoy.

I tried to watch that C-span video in your other post. Unfortunately for some reason the volumn is so low I could barely hear it. Putting my face so close to the screen and Soros was creeping me out and making the hair on my neck stand up. The man is pure evil and is out to destroy our economy (what's left of it).
Who Is George Soros?—Stand Up America US

The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.” George Soros

he owns 2.6 million shares of Time Warner), and the various political advertising organizations he funnels millions to. George Soros controls or influence most of the MSM. Little wonder they ignore the TEA PARTY, Soro’s NEMESIS.
In 1997 Rachel Ehrenfeld wrote, “Soros uses his philanthropy to change or more accurately deconstruct the moral values and attitudes of the Western world, and particularly of the American people. His “open society” is not about freedom; it is about license. His vision rejects the notion of ordered liberty, in favor of a PROGRESSIVE ideology of rights and entitlements.”
Soros has been packing the Democratic Party with radicals, and ousting moderate Democrats for years.

DiscoverTheNetworks.org writes, “By his [Soros’] own admission, he helped engineer coups in Slovakia , Croatia , Georgia , and Yugoslavia . When Soros targets a country for “regime change,” he begins by creating a shadow government, a fully formed government-in-exile, ready to assume power when the opportunity arises.The Shadow Party he has built in America greatly resembles those he has created in other countries prior to instigating a coup.”
The November 2008 edition of the German magazine “Der Spiegel,” in which Soros gives his opinion on what the next POTUS (President of the U.S.) should do after taking office. “I think we need a large stimulus package.” Soros thought that around 600 billion would be about right.
Soros also said that “I think Obama presents us a great opportunity to finally deal with global warming and energy dependence. The U.S. needs a cap and trade system with auctioning of licenses for emissions rights.”
Although Soros doesn’t (yet) own the Republican Party, like he does the Democrats, make no mistake, his tentacles are spread throughout the Republican Party as well.

Say what you will. Stick up for this man who is out to destroy America. Pick apart every little taken out of context, or questionable resource.
But I've no idea why anyone would want to stand up for him, unless they are on his payroll.
The truth is, this dude is bad news for America.

Glenn Beck draws criticism over latest Holocaust comments | The Upshot Yahoo! News

Beck said on the radio Wednesday that Soros—as a 13-year-old Jewish boy, living apart from his parents in order to avoid apprehension by the Nazis—"used to go around with this anti-Semite and deliver papers to the Jews and confiscate their property and then ship them off. … It was frightening. Here's a Jewish boy helping send the Jews to the death camps."

"While I, too, may disagree with many of Soros' views and analysis on the issues, to bring in this kind of innuendo about his past is unacceptable," Foxman said. "To hold a young boy responsible for what was going on around him during the Holocaust as part of a larger effort to denigrate the man is repugnant."

Glenn Beck never once blamed "the boy." He fully understood. However, Soros is no longer a boy and has no regrets about the "happiest" days of his life. That is not a normal mans thinking.
Show me where Glenn ever held Soros (the boy) responsible.

Say what you will. Stick up for this man who is out to destroy America. Pick apart every little taken out of context, or questionable resource.
But I've no idea why anyone would want to stand up for him, unless they are on his payroll.
The truth is, this dude is bad news for America.[/COLOR]

It's about honesty, not sticking up for Soros. I don't give a **** about Soros, I don't know if he's evil and hates america or not. I do know that what Glenn Beck is doing on his show are lies, as you just admitted. He shouldn't have done that, and that makes me question every piece of video and every quote he has put up because if he's dishonest enough to clip that one clip and take it out of context then he's dirty enough to do it again. I just showed you how he works and yet you're still sitting there claiming that this guy is evil and ants to pick apart america.

You're argument seems to be that lying is ok as long as it fits your agenda. That's a very blunt way to put it but if you sit there and read your last post you might even come to agree with me that that's what you're saying.

All this bull**** about either side trying to destroy america will be the downfall of our country, much more so than whether we bump up taxes on the rich by 3% or whether we waterboard terrorists or not.

What scare me is that some might understand the context, but have no problem with it.

It's about honesty, not sticking up for Soros. I don't give a **** about Soros, I don't know if he's evil and hates america or not. I do know that what Glenn Beck is doing on his show are lies, as you just admitted. He shouldn't have done that, and that makes me question every piece of video and every quote he has put up because if he's dishonest enough to clip that one clip and take it out of context then he's dirty enough to do it again. I just showed you how he works and yet you're still sitting there claiming that this guy is evil and ants to pick apart america.

You're argument seems to be that lying is ok as long as it fits your agenda. That's a very blunt way to put it but if you sit there and read your last post you might even come to agree with me that that's what you're saying.

All this bull**** about either side trying to destroy america will be the downfall of our country, much more so than whether we bump up taxes on the rich by 3% or whether we waterboard terrorists or not.

barbie knows, but does not care, that glen beck is a vile piece of ****. because he's her piece of ****.

Beck said on the radio Wednesday that Soros—as a 13-year-old Jewish boy, living apart from his parents in order to avoid apprehension by the Nazis—"used to go around with this anti-Semite and deliver papers to the Jews and confiscate their property and then ship them off. … It was frightening. Here's a Jewish boy helping send the Jews to the death camps." And I am certainly not saying that George Soros enjoyed that, even had a choice. I mean, he's 14 years old. He was surviving. So I'm not making a judgment. That's between him and God."

way to leave out the IMPORTANT part. Libs get pissy when conservatives do that... but it's OK to do it TO the conservatives.

Nice.

No, lying is not okay.
If you don't trust glenn beck, that's fine. But if you know anything about Soros, and come away with the idea that he is harmless to America.....well I think you are in denial.

No, lying is not okay.
If you don't trust glenn beck, that's fine. But if you know anything about Soros, and come away with the idea that he is harmless to America.....well I think you are in denial.

do you people EVER ask yourselves what motivates all the people you think want to destroy america? really? WHY do they want to destroy america, and what benefit will they see if they do destroy america? will they, like, own the world or something?

do you people EVER ask yourselves what motivates all the people you think want to destroy america? really? WHY do they want to destroy america, and what benefit will they see if they do destroy america? will they, like, own the world or something?

as are people who take Olbermann or Maddow seiously. Rush is right on top of the list of 'why listen to this moron'.

as are people who take Olbermann or Maddow seiously. Rush is right on top of the list of 'why listen to this moron'.

i don't watch them either....got sick of it a long time ago.

I need some proof of you implying that George Soros brought "down economies." After all, if you are going to smear a man, you need proof.

“As September 15 wore on, George Soros’s confidence that Britain would pull the pound out of the ERM was growing. It had been Stanley Druckenmiller who had thought the time ripe for making a bet against the sterling. He talked to Soros about doing something. Soros gave him the green light but urged his head trader to bet an even larger sum than Druckenmiller had in mind. And so Druckenmiller, acting for Soros, sold $10 billion worth of sterling… The next morning at 7:00, the phone rang at Soros’s home. It was Stan Druckenmiller with news… While George Soros had slept, he racked a profit $958 million. When Soros’s gains from other positions he took during the ERM crisis were tallied, he racked up close to $2 billion… It was this bet, this single act of placing $10 billion on the fact that Britain would have to devalue the pound, that made George Soros world famous,” (SOROS THE UNAUTHORIZED BIOGRAPHY, pgs 5-6).

- “He famously shorted the British pound in 1992, wagering $10 billion on a drop in its value. In a desperate bid to keep its currency afloat, the Bank of England tried to buy up pounds as fast as Soros could dump them. However, as more and more investors followed Soros’ lead and joined his efforts, the Bank of England eventually gave up. The British pound was devalued, launching a tsunami of financial turmoil from Tokyo to Rome. When it was over, millions of hardworking Britons confronted their diminished savings, while Soros counted his gains. He had personally made nearly $2 billion on the catastrophe,” (The Shadow Party, pg. 4).

- Soros has said of this event: “I had no platform, so I deliberately [did] the sterling thing to create a platform. Obviously people care about the man who made a lot of money…my influence has continued to grow and I do have access to,” (Time Magazine, Sept 1, 1997) TURNING DOLLARS INTO CHANGE -- Printout -- TIME

- In 1997, during the Asian financial crisis, the then Malaysian Prime Minister, Mahathir bin Mohamad, accused him of bringing down the Malaysian currency, the ringgit, through his trading activities. In Thailand he was branded an “economic war criminal” who “sucks the blood from the people”. Business big shot: George Soros - Times Online

Very good questions.

- Soros has long been calling for increased globalization. In “The Crisis of Global Capitalism,” 1998 he writes: “To stabilize and regulate a truly global economy, we need some global system of political decision-making. In short, we need a global society to support our global economy. A global society does not mean a global state. To abolish the existence of states is neither feasible nor desirable; but insofar as there are collective interests that transcend state boundaries, the sovereignty of states must be subordinated to international law and international institutions. Interestingly, the greatest opposition to this idea is coming from the United States. But there has never been a time when a strong lead from the U.S. and other like-minded countries could achieve such powerful and benign results. With the right sense of leadership and with clarity of purpose, the U.S. and its allies could help to stabilize the global economic system and to extend and uphold universal human values. The opportunity is waiting to be grasped.”
(Source: The Crisis of Global Capitalism.(book excerpt), George Soros, 7 December 1998, Newsweek)

- During this year he called for greater authority to institutions such as the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and for an International Credit Insurance Corp. to establish some kind of supervision over national supervisory authorities and stated, “At the same time, there remains the urgent need for Congress to authorise an increase in the capital of the IMF.“ He admitted that such ”radical ideas“ could not even be considered until Congress ”changes its attitude toward international institutions in general and the IMF in particular.” (Source: Soros calls for global credit insurance agency, 15 September 1998, Reuters News)

- Soros has said that the United States would cease to be the world’s undisputed dominant force. “The veto power that we have in the International Monetary Fund will disappear. We will be downsized. At the same time, hopefully, we will have a better working system and opponents will be more downsized than we will.”
(Source: BOSTON, Oct. 29 — Massachusetts Institute of Technology press release http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2008/soros-1029.html)

- “The Bubble of American Supremacy,”: “The disparity between private goods and public goods manifests itself in a number of ways. First, there is a growing inequality between rich and poor, both within countries and among countries. Admittedly, globalisation is not a zero-sum game: its benefits exceed the costs in the sense that the increased wealth produced by globalisation could be used to make up for the inequities and other shortcomings of globalisation and there would still be some extra wealth left over.
The trouble is that the winners do not compensate the losers either within states or between states. The welfare state as we know it has become unsustainable and international income redistribution is practically nonexistent. Total international assistance amounted to $US56.5 billion ($74.4 billion) in 2002. This amount represents only 0.18 per cent of global GDP. As a result, the gap between the rich and the poor continues to grow.”
(Source: Edited extract from The Bubble of American Supremacy by George Soros via The Sydney Morning Herald, February 4, 2004)

Soros is a proponent of the New World Order (global government).

Last edited:

And.....

(Soros) VOICE: "When you try to, let's see, improve society you affect different people and different interests differently and they are not actually commensurate. So you very often have all kinds of unintended adverse consequences. So I had to experiment. And it was a learning process. The first part was this subversive activity, disrupting repressive regimes. That was a lot of fun and that's actually what got me hooked on this whole enterprise. Seeing what worked in one country, trying it in the other country. It was kind of what developed a matrix in fact that we had, national foundations, and then we had certain specialized activities."

‘Puppet Master’ Soros Has ‘Fun’ Subversively & Adversely Affecting Societies; Lays Out His Plan For America | The Blaze

“As September 15 wore on, George Soros’s confidence that Britain would pull the pound out of the ERM was growing. It had been Stanley Druckenmiller who had thought the time ripe for making a bet against the sterling. He talked to Soros about doing something. Soros gave him the green light but urged his head trader to bet an even larger sum than Druckenmiller had in mind. And so Druckenmiller, acting for Soros, sold $10 billionorth of sterling… The next morning at 7:00, the phone rang at Soros’s home. It was Stan Druckenmiller with news… While George Soros had slept, he racked a profit $958 million. When Soros’s gains from other positions he took during the ERM crisis were tallied, he racked up close to $2 billion… It was this bet, this single act of placing $10 billion on the fact that Britain would have to devalue the pound, that made George Soros world famous,” (SOROS THE UNAUTHORIZED BIOGRAPHY, pgs 5-6).
The fact that this is an authorized biography tells all you need to know. :roll:

- “He famously shorted the British pound in 1992, wagering $10 billion on a drop in its value. In a desperate bid to keep its currency afloat, the Bank of England tried to buy up pounds as fast as Soros could dump them. However, as more and more investors followed Soros’ lead and joined his efforts, the Bank of England eventually gave up. The British pound was devalued, launching a tsunami of financial turmoil from Tokyo to Rome. When it was over, millions of hardworking Britons confronted their diminished savings, while Soros counted his gains. He had personally made nearly $2 billion on the catastrophe,” (The Shadow Party, pg. 4).
David Horowitz, you must be kidding. This guy's parents were admitted communists and he was a Marxist until he became a uber right-winger. He's buds with Glenn Beck.

David Horowitz, you must be kidding. This guy's parents were admitted communists and he was a Marxist until he became a uber right-winger. He's buds with Glenn Beck.
You should come up with a board game called "Six Degrees of Glenn Beck" where the players would all have to link every single person, place and event in history to Glenn Beck.

I bet you could make at least $20 on such a game just over this Christmas season (assuming you had no overhead).

The fact that this is an authorized biography tells all you need to know. :roll:

Let me know when you have something of substance to say.

No, lying is not okay.

I don't understand how anybody could be afraid of Soros. It's that fear that Glenn Beck puts in people that makes me so frustrated. I don't mind Beck but seeing his viewer's reactions to what he says... it's like you just don't care about the truth. It's all about "the big picture" and "the idea." Like when I said that Beck took soro's statement out of context, a poster's response was "something's just off." I think at a certain point you just have to accept the fact that you're being misled.

I am no fan of George Soros, but his comments were far from over the line. At the very least one can appreciate the honesty and ultimately what he said is not nearly as bad as how Beck portrays. Still, I can understand why Beck would find such a comment horrendous.

The only person who really loses out on this in my opinion is Foxman. Aside from being a total hypocrite himself he completely took Beck's comments out of context and made it sound like he was saying something he was not saying.

Let me know when you have something of substance to say.

The ball is in your court Mellie, wingnut screeds don't cut it with me.

Everything Glenn said was based 100% on Soros's own words. I saw and hear Soros talk about how enjoyed watching the NAZIs during the war.

Soros in his own words hung him self out as a Globalist, Anti-American SOB and he talks about how much fun it was to destroy economies.

By the way millions of people suffered because of this.

The Liberals are LIARS in the 1rst degree and have to make up shtuff because people Like Glenn Beck use facts to lay waste to people like Soros and Obama. Truth is most of the time he just shows videos and audio clips of them, and they sink their own boats.

What I like about these attacks is that they raise Glenns ratings, Liberals never learn. Before i retired a report in a Radio Trade Magazine said that nearly 40% of Rush Limbaugh's ratings were do to Liberals wanting to know what he'd say next.

Funny thing is when a local Paper that covered parts of three States attacked a certain retired talk show host who went from off the map to beating everyone in the time slot. So he did much more of what pissed them off until the editor was fired for making that show bigger than Rush & Beck. By the way that show also caused a huge change in local governments in two of the tree states.

So please keep it up, and add to it because you have nothing substantial to attack on it's easy to counter, with the truth.

Glenn Beck draws criticism over latest Holocaust comments

Glenn Beck has railed many times against George Soros, a Hungarian-American financier and liberal philanthropist whom the conservative host dubs the "progressive puppet master."
But Beck ramped up his criticism this week on Fox News and his radio show, making comments about how Soros survived in Nazi-occupied Hungary that have provoked denunciations from Jewish organizations.
Abraham H. Foxman, national director of the Anti-Defamation League and a Holocaust survivor, called Beck's comments "completely inappropriate, offensive and over the top." [See update]

Beck, take a cue from the rest of us, pissing off Jewish people in the media is not a good business move. Specially if they see you as nothing more than a revisionist. It's going to be fun watching this conspiracy theorizing bitch go down in flames.

Moderator's Warning:
Thread merged

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom