• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Add Senator Mike Lee (R-Utah) To The List of Traitors Who Actively Tried to Overturn The 2020 Election

RIP U.S. Democracy

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Add Senator Mike Lee to the list of traitors to our country who was actively trying to help Trump overturn the election.

How do we know this? Because of the text messages that another Trump traitor -- Chief of Staff Mark Meadows -- recently turned over to the Jan 6 Committee.

The Trumpster idiots say all the time that there is no reason to investigate Jan 6, since there is "no new information to uncover". Yeah....bullshit. The Jan 6 Committee has been revealing new information literally every week. The Trumpster idiots just want Jan 6 to quietly disappear, but it's not going to no matter how much these traitors cry about it.

The clock is ticking, Merrick Garland. You need to start prosecuting Trump and these traitor Republican assholes.

Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) worked furiously to overturn the 2020 election and keep President Donald Trump in power before ultimately abandoning the effort when no evidence of widespread fraud surfaced and his outreach to states for alternate electors proved futile, according to texts.

Lee sent the texts to White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, who turned them over to the House committee investigating a pro-Trump mob’s attack on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. CNN reviewed the texts Lee and Rep. Chip Roy (R-Tex.) sent Meadows and reported on them Friday.

Nowhere near all T**** supporters are "idiots." You might consider toning down that part of your commentary.

Nowhere near all T**** supporters are "idiots." You might consider toning down that part of your commentary.

I can understand Trump supporters previously. However, given ANYONE that STILL supports Trump NOW given all the information coming out from Jan 6th committee? No, they are all ****ing idiots or threats to this Democratic Republic at this point.

Add Senator Mike Lee to the list of traitors to our country who was actively trying to help Trump overturn the election.

How do we know this? Because of the text messages that another Trump traitor -- Chief of Staff Mark Meadows -- recently turned over to the Jan 6 Committee.

The Trumpster idiots say all the time that there is no reason to investigate Jan 6, since there is "no new information to uncover". Yeah....bullshit. The Jan 6 Committee has been revealing new information literally every week. The Trumpster idiots just want Jan 6 to quietly disappear, but it's not going to no matter how much these traitors cry about it.

The clock is ticking, Merrick Garland. You need to start prosecuting Trump and these traitor Republican assholes.

Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) worked furiously to overturn the 2020 election and keep President Donald Trump in power before ultimately abandoning the effort when no evidence of widespread fraud surfaced and his outreach to states for alternate electors proved futile, according to texts.

Lee sent the texts to White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, who turned them over to the House committee investigating a pro-Trump mob’s attack on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. CNN reviewed the texts Lee and Rep. Chip Roy (R-Tex.) sent Meadows and reported on them Friday.

I don't see anything in the texts reported by Lee in the article that is indictable. He apparently bought the bill of goods initially and eventually realized it was wrong.

I can understand Trump supporters previously. However, given ANYONE that STILL supports Trump NOW given all the information coming out from Jan 6th committee? No, they are all ****ing idiots or threats to this Democratic Republic at this point.
I do hope not just the cable news networks are reporting the Committee's discoveries. Not all voters spend a lot of time following this stuff unless it's under their nose.

Mike Lee is no favourite I mine but fair is fair. In the beginning he thought that there might be some basis for the fraud allegations but as the information unfolded he realized it was bogus and urged Meadows to get Trump to drop it. In the end he said enough was enough and in fact spoke against Trump on the Senate floor the 6th. I do wish he and others would be more vocal post 6th in dispelling the lies around the election but I don't think it is fair to put him in the same camp as Meadows and others.

Three-fifths of my immediate family are T**** supporters and they're not "idiots."

Did he act to overturn the election OR investigate possible discrepancies or irregularities? Your cite says he abandoned the effort when nothing was found. That's not treason.

I don't see anything in the texts reported by Lee in the article that is indictable. He apparently bought the bill of goods initially and eventually realized it was wrong.

I disagree. Lee is a former law clerk for Justice Scalia. He is very familiar with Constitutional law and he knew from the beginning there was no legal basis to overturn Biden's victory.

Lee was grasping at straws, just looking for sketchy ways to overturn the election, like using the disgraced Trump lawyer Sidney Powell to come up with ridiculous theories about election fraud.

Last edited:
Did he act to overturn the election OR investigate possible discrepancies or irregularities? Your cite says he abandoned the effort when nothing was found. That's not treason.

But Trump didn't "abandon the effort", did he? I guess you're now conceding that Trump is guilty.

I said quite clearly that people who STILL support Trump are ****ing idiots OR threats to our Democratic Republic.

They believe right-wing media.

Mike Lee is no favourite I mine but fair is fair. In the beginning he thought that there might be some basis for the fraud allegations but as the information unfolded he realized it was bogus and urged Meadows to get Trump to drop it. In the end he said enough was enough and in fact spoke against Trump on the Senate floor the 6th. I do wish he and others would be more vocal post 6th in dispelling the lies around the election but I don't think it is fair to put him in the same camp as Meadows and others.
You're giving Lee way too much credit. Lee "realized" from the beginning that it was bogus, as I explained in post #10.

Just because he abandoned futile efforts after they blew up in his face (see Sidney Powell), doesn't mean that he didn't know that they were bullshit in the first place.

^Hence the idiot label. ^

Labeling people 'idiots' and calling much of the country 'flyover' is brilliant. You hold at least one staunch right-wing political view. And people blame progressives for other people voting for T****!

Labeling people 'idiots' and calling much of the country 'flyover' is brilliant. It's a good thing that we're not really doing politics here.

What do you call people that support a guy like Trump and his "Big Lie" which didn't have proof nor even stood the test of the courts along with calling the riot just another day of tourism? I wouldn't call them brilliant or patriots, that is for sure.

Labeling people 'idiots' and calling much of the country 'flyover' is brilliant. It's a good thing that we're not really doing politics here.
“They believe right wing media.”

What does flyover country have to do with this?

“They believe right wing media.”

What does flyover country have to do with this?

I was editing to add this when you were replying: And people blame progressives for other people voting for T****!

Back
Top Bottom