• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Add S. Dakota To The Growing List Of States Which Ban Tenets Of CRT In K-12 Public Schools

SkyChief

USN Veteran
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
“Political indoctrination has no place in our classrooms. I signed an Executive Order today to block Critical Race Theory at K-12 public schools in South Dakota.” - S.D. Governor Kristi Noem

Here's specifically what is being banned:

• The Department of Education (DOE) shall not compel employees, students, or teachers to personally affirm, adopt, or adhere to inherently divisive concepts;
• The Secretary of Education will review all policies within DOE to identify if any promote inherently divisive concepts;
• DOE will review other materials and trainings to identify if any promote or endorse inherently divisive concepts;
• If any policies, materials, or trainings promote inherently divisive concepts, they shall end or be removed no later than October 1; and
• Directs the Board of Education Standards to ensure South Dakota Content Standards do not promote inherently divisive concepts.

Georgia, Alabama, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, S. Carolina, Texas, Utah, Washington, W. Virginia, and Wisconsin either have banned CRT or have pending legislation to ban.

source: https://thehill.com/news/state-watc...critical-race-theory-in-south-dakota-schools/

“Political indoctrination has no place in our classrooms. I signed an Executive Order today to block Critical Race Theory at K-12 public schools in South Dakota.” - S.D. Governor Kristi Noem

• The Department of Education (DOE) shall not compel employees, students, or teachers to personally affirm, adopt, or adhere to inherently divisive concepts;
• The Secretary of Education will review all policies within DOE to identify if any promote inherently divisive concepts;
• DOE will review other materials and trainings to identify if any promote or endorse inherently divisive concepts;
• If any policies, materials, or trainings promote inherently divisive concepts, they shall end or be removed no later than October 1; and
• Directs the Board of Education Standards to ensure South Dakota Content Standards do not promote inherently divisive concepts.

Georgia, Alabama, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, S. Carolina, Texas, Utah, Washington, W. Virginia, and Wisconsin either have banned CRT or have pending legislation to ban.

source: https://thehill.com/news/state-watc...critical-race-theory-in-south-dakota-schools/

Why do righties demand censorship in schools?

The watered-down version of CRT for public schools will not change anyone's mind either way.

One's attitude toward any group is usually based on one's experience.

So those states should let CRT-light be taught.

Many students will let the lessons go in one ear and out the other.

Young people are not stupid.

They know that they are expected to say certain things and refrain from saying other things.

They themselves, however, will make up their own minds as they grow older and have a myriad of experiences.

I hope they get around to dealing with the round earth myth soon.

It’s quite divisive.

To flat earthers.

Please tell us, in your own words, what the "tenets of CRT" are.

I'll wait.

Please tell us, in your own words, what the "tenets of CRT" are.

I'll wait.
The very first tenet of CRT is that racism is omnipresent - it exists everywhere at all times. Its not a question of IF racism happened, it's a question of HOW MUCH racism happened.

This is a false premise, and this is why CRT should be rejected as being a fundamentally false ideology.

This is why many states are banning the teaching of CRT in K-12 public schools.

We don't want our kids poisoned with false ideologies.

The very first tenet of CRT is that racism is omnipresent - it exists everywhere at all times. Its not a question of IF racism happened, it's a question of HOW MUCH racism happened.

This is a false premise, and this is why CRT should be rejected as being a fundamentally false ideology.

This is why many states are banning the teaching of CRT in K-12 public schools.

We don't want our kids poisoned with false ideologies.
As expected you really don't have a clue.

Some recommended reading:

Let me know when you've read those and feel free to ask any question you have after reading.

As expected you really don't have a clue.

Some recommended reading:

Let me know when you've read those and feel free to ask any question you have after reading.
I have no questions for you.

It's clear that CRT is Marxist nonsense, and more and more people are becoming aware of that. CRT has no business being taught in K-12 public schools.

Expect more bans on CRT tenets in K-12 public schools.

What's next, banning the teaching of Mercantilism?

Educators googling "CRT" to find out what they're missing, or doing, without knowing it.

Parents are like, "I don't know what the hell CRT is, but I bet this showing of Selma is it."

Kids are like "what is race? We all white"

Another red state going full on Taliban.

republicans are a disgrace and they are not patriotic

I have no questions for you.

It's clear that CRT is Marxist nonsense, and more and more people are becoming aware of that. CRT has no business being taught in K-12 public schools.

Expect more bans on CRT tenets in K-12 public schools.
YOu know if you refuse to educate yourself the only one you can blame for your ignorance is you.

Do you really wanna be that guy?

Back
Top Bottom