• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ad hoc rights are the most questionable

One is not forced to create blood or plasma, sperm, bone marrow......doing so without compensation is no crime or "servitude" and yet it is possible to receive compensation for these items. Pregnancy is not labor.

Childbirth has been called "labor" for centuries.

You stick to confusing nature with the law. While nobody is forcing the body to create and nurture the fetus, anti-abortion laws force the woman to do so—unless you reduce the woman to a mindless body, which the law doesn’t.

I'm not confusing anything. No law considers pregnancy labor requiring compensation. If it did, there would be a tax break for being pregnant. There is not.

I'm not confusing anything. No law considers pregnancy labor requiring compensation. If it did, there would be a tax break for being pregnant. There is not.

The point is not whether or not the law considers pregnancy labor requiring compensation, which obviously it does not, but that compensated pregnancy evidences pregnancy is labor. Housework is exactly in the same case as a type of activity that sometimes is compensated while sometimes it is not, and yet it is always labor.

The point is not whether or not the law considers pregnancy labor requiring compensation, which obviously it does not, but that compensated pregnancy evidences pregnancy is labor. Housework is exactly in the same case as a type of activity that sometimes is compensated while sometimes it is not, and yet it is always labor.

Regardless, it was law you were arguing a minute ago and law doesn't support your argument.

Regardless, it was law you were arguing a minute ago and law doesn't support your argument.

I beg your pardon? It is the notion that labor is the lending of one's body and/or mind to produce some services, that is, the notion the law will accept. What is your notion of labor, by the way?

I beg your pardon? It is the notion that labor is the lending of one's body and/or mind to produce some services, that is, the notion the law will accept. What is your notion of labor, by the way?

Work. Pregnancy is a natural occurrence. Breathing requires physical effort as well, and I sure wish I got paid for that. The point is you are word smithing to make a thing something it is not.

Work. Pregnancy is a natural occurrence. Breathing requires physical effort as well, and I sure wish I got paid for that. The point is you are word smithing to make a thing something it is not.

Childbirth is sometimes a natural occurrence, but it is still called labor. And it is labor, it is work. Being paid for something is not the characteristic that determines whether it is labor or non-labor. As has been previously pointed out, housework is labor, or work, sometimes deriving a paycheck, more often not.

NO You need to do more research!

Wikipedia is NOT a valid refrence source. Wikipedia:Citing Wikipedia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You sited catholic news agency to support the burring of a fetus, and I quote the article : the bishop said, according to the El Paso Times. “They said they don't bury any child under six grams."

Kudos on scott pederson... there is always an exception to the law....

Lawsuit filed over mix-up involving remains of unborn child | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle ACCUSED OF NEGLIGENCE... What's your point with this? The mislabeling of of a products of conception, is not outside the law, or contrary to the above post.

Family Mourns Death Of Educator, Daughter, Unborn Child | Today's TMJ4 - Milwaukee, Wisconsin News, Weather, Sports, WTMJ | Local News A very sad story, but you didn't really use any critical thinking on this one... How did anything in that story prove the initial post was wrong? Is the funeral for the woman and her unborn child Unborn means it is still in her uterus (I doubt it). When the woman arrived as a trauma in the hospital, the doctors would have removed the fetus from the uterus to try to save it, thereby making it a birth or still-birth (via c-section) in the hospital but the reporter spun the story a different way.

You need to think more critically about this stuff.

NO You need to do more research!

Wikipedia is NOT a valid refrence source. Wikipedia:Citing Wikipedia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You sited catholic news agency to support the burring of a fetus, and I quote the article : the bishop said, according to the El Paso Times. “They said they don't bury any child under six grams."

Kudos on scott pederson... there is always an exception to the law....

Lawsuit filed over mix-up involving remains of unborn child | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle ACCUSED OF NEGLIGENCE... What's your point with this? The mislabeling of of a products of conception, is not outside the law, or contrary to the above post.

Family Mourns Death Of Educator, Daughter, Unborn Child | Today's TMJ4 - Milwaukee, Wisconsin News, Weather, Sports, WTMJ | Local News A very sad story, but you didn't really use any critical thinking on this one... How did anything in that story prove the initial post was wrong? Is the funeral for the woman and her unborn child Unborn means it is still in her uterus (I doubt it). When the woman arrived as a trauma in the hospital, the doctors would have removed the fetus from the uterus to try to save it, thereby making it a birth or still-birth (via c-section) in the hospital but the reporter spun the story a different way.

You need to think more critically about this stuff.

I am well aware of the validity problems of Wikipedia, and have posted to that effect several times. I never rely solely on Wikipedia for my own research and will never post an article from Wikipedia as sole reference. I am very familiar with the UVVA and felt that that was an accurate enough an easy to read examples.

The remainder of the links were just to disprove the notion that no one mourns the loss of an unborn child or holds funerals for them. These grievances are not often publicized so it difficult to find many easily reference-able material on the issue. The source showing that a funeral has occurred for an unborn child is irrelevant, it is adequate enough to show that the funeral occured and bias of the source is immaterial to the argument in this case.

Back
Top Bottom