• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ad ad to fight fear mongering

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Note to all DP members reading this thread. I have been given permission to repost this thread, which was pretty much destroyed the first time, to such an extent that it had to be closed. Let's make this a civil discussion this time, please. Thank you.
-- A doctor. A cop. A little girl. A Phillies fan.

They're all Muslims. And, they emphasize in a new online commercial that begins appearing this week, they're all Americans.

"I don't want to take over this country," the dozen-plus speakers say in the public service announcement. "I don't support terrorism."
The online video is an effort to fight back against "the rising tide of fear-mongering" resulting from plans to build a Muslim community center in lower Manhattan in New York, the group behind it said. There are millions of Muslims right here in the United States, and guess what else? They are American citizens, who love this country, hate terrorism, and yes, some of them even fight and die for this country, by joining the military. This ad speaks for them, and puts the spotlight back on those who hate them for no other reason than their religion. Jim Crow didn't die in America. It merely chose another group of people as its target.

Yes, America is a nation founded by Christians, but our forefathers had something to say about tolerance of other religions:
Thomas Jefferson said:
Where the preamble declares, that coercion is a departure from the plan of the holy author of our religion, an amendment was proposed by inserting "Jesus Christ," so that it would read "A departure from the plan of Jesus Christ, the holy author of our religion;" the insertion was rejected by the great majority, in proof that they meant to comprehend, within the mantle of its protection, the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and Mohammedan, the Hindoo and Infidel of every denomination.

Because someone has chosen Islam as a religion does not make him a terrorist, any more than someone choosing Christianity does. Do we blame Christianity for the Mississippi Burning episode of American history, or the bombing in Oklahoma City? No, we don't. We blame assholes. By the same token, we cannot judge those whose only crime is to practice their religion, especially those who practice American patriotism at the same time. It was assholes who hit the World Trade Center, not Muslims who live here in America as peaceful citizens.

In Iran, self righteous Mullahs are in the process of convicting and putting to death people who practice the Baha'i' religion. Let us not be Mullahs today, but give Muslim Americans the same respect we give to all other Americans. After all, they are Americans too. And when we end our lives, and stand before our maker, we can be comfortable in the fact that we did not live our lives as the Mullahs did, condemning innocent people for the acts of assholes, for that would make us assholes ourselves, and undeserving of any reward in the afterlife. Jesus spoke of love, not hatred. It's time that some of us practiced what we preach.

I am glad you were able to repost because it was a really good ad. I am sort of sad though that some Muslims felt the need to create this ad.

This tiresome baiting is really getting old Dan.

Show me one person in here who claimed every Muslim is a terrorist. Just one.

You want us to deny what is in the Qur'an, the severe lack of outcry against Muslim terrorist attacks and the direct quotes from Bin Laden and other Muslim terrorists who find direct justification for their actions in the Qur'an.

We keep it civil but you cannot post your false generalizations and expect not to be challenged.

Can't wait for you to produce even a single poster who says all Muslims are terrorists in this forum. Its those kind of blatant falsehoods that ruin your alleged goal for civil discussion.

A video you need to watch

YouTube - Three Things About Islam

Last edited:
I think all the points in the OP were pretty adequately addressed in the other thread before it went downhill.

You want us to deny what is in the Qur'an, the severe lack of outcry against Muslim terrorist attacks and the direct quotes from Bin Laden and other Muslim terrorists who find direct justification for their actions in the Qur'an.
Are you kidding me? This is an example of a poster who wishes to remain ignorant of facts that are readily available to them.

"Those who set off the explosions in the Kingdom admitted with their own mouths, that they were affected by the Jamaa'atut-Takfeer (One of the Egyptian Qutubist groups) and that they were from the group of Usamah bin Laadin and al-Mas'aree[13], and they were spreading their literature. Usamah bin Laadin; who taught this man? Who educated him in Sharee'ah? He is a businessman, this is his field of specialization... they admitted, as we said, with their own mouths, we saw it and read it in the newspapers, and I have it here with me recorded with their own voices, that they were affected by some of the people of takfeer (from the Qutubist groups) of Afghanistan. The majority of our youth that returned from the jihaad in Afghanistan to our country were affected, either by the ideology of the Ikhwaan (The Muslim Brotherhood) in general, or by the revolutionary, takfeeree ideology. So they left us believing that we were Muslims, and they returned to us believing that we were disbelievers. So with that, they saw us as being disbelievers, the rulers, and the (Salafi) Scholars, not to mention the common-folk. They labeled the (Saudi "Wahhabi") state apostate, and they rendered the major ("Salafee") Scholars apostate. They admitted this with their own mouths. They made takfeer (label of disbelief) of the scholars, and mentioned specifically the two Shaykhs, Shaykh 'Abdul-'Azeez ibn Baaz and Shaykh al-'Uthaymeen, may Allaah preserve them. They mentioned their connection with al-Mas'aree and Usaamah bin Laadin. Did they get this from the scholars of Salafism? No! Rather they got it from the people of Takfeer (Qutubi, Ikhwani, Sufee ideology)." - Muhammad Ibn Haadee al-Madkhalee in In Defense of Islam, T.R.O.I.D. Publications 2002, p.97

"...It is obligatory to destroy and annihilate these publications that have emanated from al-Faqeeh, or from al-Mas'aree, or from others of the callers of falsehood (bin Laadin and those like him), and not to be lenient towards them. And it is obligatory to advise them, to guide them towards the truth, and to warn them against this falsehood. It is not permissible for anyone to co-operate with them in this evil. And it is obligatory upon them to be sincere and to come back to guidance and to leave alone and abandon this falsehood. So my advice to al-Mas'aree, al-Faqeeh and Bin Laadin and all those who traverse their ways is to leave alone this disastrous path, and to fear Allaah and to beware of His vengeance and His Anger, and to return to guidance and to repent to Allaah for whatever has preceded from them. And Allaah, Glorified, has promised His repentant servants that He will accept their repentance and be good to them. So Allah the Glorified said: "Say, 'O My servants who have transgressed against themselves. Do not despair of the Mercy of Allaah; verily, Allaah forgives all sins.' Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." [39:53] - Shaykh 'Abdul-'Azeez Ibn Baaz (former head of council of scholars in Saudi Arabia; he died in in 1999, well before you probably even heard of Osama bin Laden)

You don't hear of Muslims protesting against terrorism because you don't care to hear about. If you actually did care to know, and not remain purposefully ignorant, the name Dr. Tahir al-Qadri would already mean something to you. You would already know about his 600 page fatwa against terrorism. But again, this assuming you care to actually research things (which you clearly do not).

Are you kidding me? This is an example of a poster who wishes to remain ignorant of facts that are readily available to them.

"Those who set off the explosions in the Kingdom admitted with their own mouths, that they were affected by the Jamaa'atut-Takfeer (One of the Egyptian Qutubist groups) and that they were from the group of Usamah bin Laadin and al-Mas'aree[13], and they were spreading their literature. Usamah bin Laadin; who taught this man? Who educated him in Sharee'ah? He is a businessman, this is his field of specialization... they admitted, as we said, with their own mouths, we saw it and read it in the newspapers, and I have it here with me recorded with their own voices, that they were affected by some of the people of takfeer (from the Qutubist groups) of Afghanistan. The majority of our youth that returned from the jihaad in Afghanistan to our country were affected, either by the ideology of the Ikhwaan (The Muslim Brotherhood) in general, or by the revolutionary, takfeeree ideology. So they left us believing that we were Muslims, and they returned to us believing that we were disbelievers. So with that, they saw us as being disbelievers, the rulers, and the (Salafi) Scholars, not to mention the common-folk. They labeled the (Saudi "Wahhabi") state apostate, and they rendered the major ("Salafee") Scholars apostate. They admitted this with their own mouths. They made takfeer (label of disbelief) of the scholars, and mentioned specifically the two Shaykhs, Shaykh 'Abdul-'Azeez ibn Baaz and Shaykh al-'Uthaymeen, may Allaah preserve them. They mentioned their connection with al-Mas'aree and Usaamah bin Laadin. Did they get this from the scholars of Salafism? No! Rather they got it from the people of Takfeer (Qutubi, Ikhwani, Sufee ideology)." - Muhammad Ibn Haadee al-Madkhalee in In Defense of Islam, T.R.O.I.D. Publications 2002, p.97

"...It is obligatory to destroy and annihilate these publications that have emanated from al-Faqeeh, or from al-Mas'aree, or from others of the callers of falsehood (bin Laadin and those like him), and not to be lenient towards them. And it is obligatory to advise them, to guide them towards the truth, and to warn them against this falsehood. It is not permissible for anyone to co-operate with them in this evil. And it is obligatory upon them to be sincere and to come back to guidance and to leave alone and abandon this falsehood. So my advice to al-Mas'aree, al-Faqeeh and Bin Laadin and all those who traverse their ways is to leave alone this disastrous path, and to fear Allaah and to beware of His vengeance and His Anger, and to return to guidance and to repent to Allaah for whatever has preceded from them. And Allaah, Glorified, has promised His repentant servants that He will accept their repentance and be good to them. So Allah the Glorified said: "Say, 'O My servants who have transgressed against themselves. Do not despair of the Mercy of Allaah; verily, Allaah forgives all sins.' Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." [39:53] - Shaykh 'Abdul-'Azeez Ibn Baaz (former head of council of scholars in Saudi Arabia; he died in in 1999, well before you probably even heard of Osama bin Laden)

You don't hear of Muslims protesting against terrorism because you don't care to hear about. If you actually did care to know, and not remain purposefully ignorant, the name Dr. Tahir al-Qadri would already mean something to you. You would already know about his 600 page fatwa against terrorism. But again, this assuming you care to actually research things (which you clearly do not).

LOL Spare us Degreez. You want to pretend there was great outcry from the Muslim community against 9.11 you go ahead with that fantasy.

I'll stick to the videos of celebration and buring the American flag.

YouTube - Palestinians Celebrating 9/11

YouTube - celebrations in Gaza in 9\11

YouTube - P9, American Flag Burned - London Gaza Protest 10 Jan 2009

You are never going to be able to play this fantasy of outraged Muslims without true leaders speaking out against ALL voilence against non believers in Muslim dominated countries.

LOL Spare us Degreez. You want to pretend there was great outcry from the Muslim community against 9.11 you go ahead with that fantasy.
No, I stated there has been numerous Muslim leaders and scholars who have spoken out against terrorism and Osama bin Laden since well before 9/11. You choose to ignore this relevant information, which makes you ignorant. You let the ignorance guide your thoughts and therefore make ignorant comments.

No wonder people think your intellect is laughable... You believe YouTube is a credible information outlet. Next you'll tell me DanielPipes and JihadWatch are credible. Keep on using items that only correlate to your preconceived biases.

You are never going to be able to play this fantasy of outraged Muslims without true leaders speaking out against ALL voilence against non believers in Muslim dominated countries.
Talk about raising the goal posts.
texmaster said:
the severe lack of outcry against Muslim terrorist attacks
I refuted that asinine claim of yours, and in return you change what you originally claimed. You are one amateur debater.

Jeez. Looks like this topic is way too hot to have any reasonable discussion on without insults flying.

I respectfully ask the mods to go ahead and close my thread, and my apologies for restarting it. I guess I just expected too much.

Back
Top Bottom