• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Actually Saying "Bye"

TDGonDP

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Hello DPers

I figure this forum is the best place to say "Good Bye." And PD is the most vibrant internet forum I've been on, so I'm not sure if people will even notice I've gone. But I like to bid adeau when I can.

When I joined in September, I saw a lot left vs. right bickering and I wasn't sure there wasn't going to be a place for me. But did find some interesting people who taught me a few new things and showed me some new perspectives: Xelor, Evilroddy, Lunch__, Solyvent Green, Angel, and a few others whose avatars kind of escape me at this moment. There is a fair bit of good discussion happening here.

And DP is a busy place. When one of my posts clicked with the audience, it was hard keeping up with the flood of responses.

Of all the internet forums I have belonged to, DP has the best software. The only flaw I saw was that the forum times out a user rather quickly. I hard to learn the hard way--more than once--to copy my posts before I submit those post because they just might not make it to the server!

So why am I leaving? I have an ulterior motive. I'm trying to promote a new system of governance. And under DP rules, I can't promote it directly. While I have been trying to promote it on DP by indirect means, tangible results just are not happening. And I should add that on forums where I can be quite direct, the results are the same: next to zero interest. So it is not the fault of the DP rules.

I do need to move on to other ways to market this concept, and I just can't justify the time on internet forums any more. DP is my second last forum to abandon. I have a few things I want to try on MeWe - The Next-Gen Social Network in this month, but I'm anticipating similar results.

My thanks to the moderators for keeping this place more or less sane. And thanks to the original investors to put the software in place and to those putting up the operating costs to keep the site going. You all should be commended for what seems to be the most vibrant forum I have encountered.

And all the best to all those DP contributors trying to make the world a better place, especially if you are being proactive outside of internet forums.

TDGonDP
a.k.a. Dave Volek

Bye. :2wave:

Enjoy the Funny Farm.

Hello DPers

I figure this forum is the best place to say "Good Bye." And PD is the most vibrant internet forum I've been on, so I'm not sure if people will even notice I've gone. But I like to bid adeau when I can.

When I joined in September, I saw a lot left vs. right bickering and I wasn't sure there wasn't going to be a place for me. But did find some interesting people who taught me a few new things and showed me some new perspectives: Xelor, Evilroddy, Lunch__, Solyvent Green, Angel, and a few others whose avatars kind of escape me at this moment. There is a fair bit of good discussion happening here.

And DP is a busy place. When one of my posts clicked with the audience, it was hard keeping up with the flood of responses.

Of all the internet forums I have belonged to, DP has the best software. The only flaw I saw was that the forum times out a user rather quickly. I hard to learn the hard way--more than once--to copy my posts before I submit those post because they just might not make it to the server!

So why am I leaving? I have an ulterior motive. I'm trying to promote a new system of governance. And under DP rules, I can't promote it directly. While I have been trying to promote it on DP by indirect means, tangible results just are not happening. And I should add that on forums where I can be quite direct, the results are the same: next to zero interest. So it is not the fault of the DP rules.

I do need to move on to other ways to market this concept, and I just can't justify the time on internet forums any more. DP is my second last forum to abandon. I have a few things I want to try on MeWe - The Next-Gen Social Network in this month, but I'm anticipating similar results.

My thanks to the moderators for keeping this place more or less sane. And thanks to the original investors to put the software in place and to those putting up the operating costs to keep the site going. You all should be commended for what seems to be the most vibrant forum I have encountered.

And all the best to all those DP contributors trying to make the world a better place, especially if you are being proactive outside of internet forums.

TDGonDP
a.k.a. Dave Volek

Totally nice site, but I'm not giving out my phone number to anyone I can't shake hands with.

Other than that, soldier on, and I like your site, but you're flying solo with phone number stingy peeps like me.

I wish you success, and you certainly have the visuals for it. That is one of the nicest sites I've seen in awhile! It's like a calming drug... "you are getting sleepy, very sleepy... now give my your phone number..." LOL ;)

Totally nice site, but I'm not giving out my phone number to anyone I can't shake hands with.

Other than that, soldier on, and I like your site, but you're flying solo with phone number stingy peeps like me.

I wish you success, and you certainly have the visuals for it. That is one of the nicest sites I've seen in awhile! It's like a calming drug... "you are getting sleepy, very sleepy... now give my your phone number..." LOL ;)

Hmmm.

I can't recall my website asking for anyone's phone number.

As for the visuals, I think my website's stye is 15 years out of date. I would like to revamp it and kind of have a plan in place for a modern look. But between a little money problem and visitors likely not responding favorably even with a modern look, I don't see a new website as a good investment.

And I have to concur that the text is on the heavy side. The topic itself cannot be expressed in a 140-character tweet or even a 1000-word essay. I have condensed the TDG to a 4500-word essay, but I think that is simplifying the TDG too much.

The video too are heavy. The topic is heavy, and I'm not the best speaker. But if people are waiting for a more flashy person to present a similar out-of-the-box idea to challenge western democracy, it might be a long wait.

Hmmm.

I can't recall my website asking for anyone's phone number.

As for the visuals, I think my website's stye is 15 years out of date. I would like to revamp it and kind of have a plan in place for a modern look. But between a little money problem and visitors likely not responding favorably even with a modern look, I don't see a new website as a good investment.

And I have to concur that the text is on the heavy side. The topic itself cannot be expressed in a 140-character tweet or even a 1000-word essay. I have condensed the TDG to a 4500-word essay, but I think that is simplifying the TDG too much.

The video too are heavy. The topic is heavy, and I'm not the best speaker. But if people are waiting for a more flashy person to present a similar out-of-the-box idea to challenge western democracy, it might be a long wait.

Ah.. it was "e mail or mobile". I just saw phone and that was it. Sorry.

Challenge western democracy? I don't think visuals are why people aren't responding positively.

Good luck on changing western democracy to whatever you want it to be.

Ah.. it was "e mail or mobile". I just saw phone and that was it. Sorry.

Challenge western democracy? I don't think visuals are why people aren't responding positively.

Good luck on changing western democracy to whatever you want it to be.

I still have a few Google ad units on the website. Maybe you drifted into one of them. I don't have much control of what is put into that ad space.

About 10 years ago, the UK tried to implement a ranked ballot into its elections. From a democratic standpoint, it makes more sense to me to have a candidate eventually earn 50% + 1 of the vote. And a ranked ballot reduces strategic voting to where voters don't vote for their preferred party if that party is small. The referendum failed.

Last month, the province of British Columbia, known for its lopsided electoral results because of its FPTP Westminster electoral system, rejected, in another referendum, an electoral system to better represent the voters' wishes. This was the third referendum in 16 years to change from Westminster.

The moral of this story is: "When people say they want change, they really don't want change." If these minor changes cannot be implemented, what does that say for the challenge of the TDG?

I will keep the TDG website up, coupled with some Google advertising. I have a few ideas for a different kind of marketing. Maybe in five years, I'll give internet forums another try.

Best of luck on your endeavor. Peace out :peace

Back
Top Bottom