• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ACTUAL economists: Larry Kudlow is a clown

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The fact that Kudlow's economic assessments are "usually wrong and frequently absurd"—for example, his insistence in 2007 that there would be no recession the very same month the recession began—doesn't seem to have bothered Trump, who reportedly loves how Kudlow projects his authority on air.

Trump Chooses 'Insufferable Wall Street Hack' Larry Kudlow as Top Economic Adviser | Common Dreams News

Betsey Stevenson and Justin Wolfers, both professors of economics and public policy at the University of Michigan, discuss White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow's claim that the economy will bounce back on it's own.

Economist: Kudlow is a clown, hasn't been right in 6 months | National and World | dailylocal.com

Larry Kudlow does not have a degree in economics. He is a fake TV economist. The one position I remember him having at CNBC was that he was completely against tariffs which he totally flip-flopped on when hired by Trump.

I think the real question we should ask about Larry Kudlow: Is he back on the sauce?

For me this is the kind of thing that is by far the most dangerous thing about Trump's leadership style. He puts people into the most powerful administrative roles in the world who have no background in those areas whatsoever. This guy has not even a bachelors in economics and has no relevant experience. It's like when he put animal husbandry major Rick Perry in charge of US energy when his predecessor had a PhD in nuclear physics.

It's like the opposite of a technocratic system. The least qualified and least knowledgeable people have the most power.

For me this is the kind of thing that is by far the most dangerous thing about Trump's leadership style. He puts people into the most powerful administrative roles in the world who have no background in those areas whatsoever. This guy has not even a bachelors in economics and has no relevant experience. It's like when he put animal husbandry major Rick Perry in charge of US energy when his predecessor had a PhD in nuclear physics.

It's like the opposite of a technocratic system. The least qualified and least knowledgeable people have the most power.

AOC, that so many Republicans deride as being stupid, economically illiterate, etc essentially on the sole basis of their political bias, and echo chamber supplied selective editing, is actually far more qualified than Kudlow given her econ degree, yet I'm sure these same people will clamour to defend Larry as a great pick despite all evidence to the contrary, his awful record, tumultuous relationship with the truth (to say the least) and his complete lack of relevant post-secondary education, being more an ideologue than any kind of actual economist.

Last edited:
AOC, that so many Republicans deride as being stupid, economically illiterate, etc essentially on the sole basis of their political bias, and echo chamber supplied selective editing, is actually far more qualified than Kudlow given her econ degree, yet I'm sure these same people will clamour to defend Larry as a great pick despite all evidence to the contrary, his awful record, tumultuous relationship with the truth (to say the least) and his complete lack of relevant post-secondary education, being more an ideologue than any kind of actual economist.

He said there would be no recession in 08 a month before the crash.

He's more qualified to be on SNL or write for the Onion.

This really shows two things.

One, that Trump really is a clown looking for anyone that will tell him what he wants to hear. Hiring Larry Kudlow for the director of the National Economic Council way back was not entirely surprising even though it is sad that this is where we are.

Two, Republicans in general are quintupling down (or however many we are up to) on the failed idea of trickle-down economics.

Kudlow is rarely correct and even when so it is probably by accident as there are rarely real economic arguments behind his position, just right wing rhetoric absent sound economic principles.

Trump could appoint Thomas Sowell and the self described intellectuals in here would be rolling on the floor laughing at the stupidity of Thomas, and Trump. The circle jerk that goes on on this site is mind boggling, not a shred of independent thinking and calls to violence at the first sign of dissent.

Trump could appoint Thomas Sowell and the self described intellectuals in here would be rolling on the floor laughing at the stupidity of Thomas, and Trump. The circle jerk that goes on on this site is mind boggling, not a shred of independent thinking and calls to violence at the first sign of dissent.

D’aww are your fee fees hurt?

You do realize that Kudlow has been wrong about just about everything he's ever tried to forecast, lacks any relevant formal education on economics, and essentially has the gauging ability of a broken clock, right? The reason people in this thread think he's a ridiculous choice is because he demonstrably and factually is.

You do realize that Kudlow has been wrong about just about everything he's ever tried to forecast, lacks any relevant formal education on economics, and essentially has the gauging ability of a broken clock, right? The reason people in this thread think he's a ridiculous choice is because he demonstrably and factually is.

My statement still stands, TDS is real.

I agree tho, I mean Trump allowed Fauci to talk for months after being wrong about everything and exposed as a fraud, so there's that.

Look up Net Domestic Product.
Ask any economist about the annual depreciation of automobiles since Sputnik. Where is that data?
All economists are clowns!
I have an 800 page book on Macroeconomics that makes no mention of NDP.
It got half of a page in my Samualson's Economics that I took in college.
Economic Wargames: How the economic model is unsustainable and enslaving.
Econ is a Big Lie!

Back
Top Bottom