• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Activists topple towers, claim dangers of AM radio waves

jackalope

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Activists topple towers, claim dangers of AM radio waves

(CNN) -- A group cited by U.S. officials as a domestic terrorism threat claimed responsibility Friday for knocking down two radio station towers in Snohomish County, Washington.

The Earth Liberation Front (ELF) issued a statement saying opponents of the towers argue that "AM radio waves cause adverse health effects including a higher rate of cancer, harm to wildlife, and that the signals have been interfering with home phone and intercom lines."

"When all legal channels of opposition have been exhausted, concerned citizens have to take action into their own hands to protect life and the planet," Jason Crawford, a spokesman for the group, said in a news release.

more ...

:shock: Oh Good Lord .... am radio waves are bad? I don't think I've ever read one article about ELF activities that has made sense.

:shock: Oh Good Lord .... am radio waves are bad? I don't think I've ever read one article about ELF activities that has made sense.
I think we can finally agree on something.

Of course, if these ELF idiots actually believed their own propaganda, they'd be ethically compelled to off themselves. So, there you go. They mostly just get off on wrecking stuff.

I wrote a paper about PETA for my Homeland Security class at Ole Miss. PETA makes over 23$ million dollars in donations every year, and they fund ELF (Earth Liberation Front) and ALF (Animal Liberation Front). These two groups are considered by some in the ATF and FBI to be "the most" dangerous domestic terrorist organizations that we have in this country. PETA pays for lawyers for various members of these groups it's just sickening. People need to wake up and realize that these groups should be dealt with harshly.

Crazy hippies that are well funded...Ugh

Crazy hippies that are well funded...Ugh

Any crazies that are well funded are "ugh", though hippies are among the worst.

Any crazies that are well funded are "ugh", though hippies are among the worst.

Crip hates the hippies too. I guess I haven't run into the same brand of hippies that others have. The ones I've met have always been likable and easy going.

I thought those idiots drowned in their own stupidity years ago... guess not.

Crip hates the hippies too. I guess I haven't run into the same brand of hippies that others have. The ones I've met have always been likable and easy going.
Yeah, I've run across both types, there are the harmless hippies that kinda smell but are too busy being fried to do any harm, then there are the radicals who are extremely dangerous.

I heard the towers landed in the shape of a swastika...ELF my ass...Rush is an ELF?

Yeah, I've run across both types, there are the harmless hippies that kinda smell but are too busy being fried to do any harm, then there are the radicals who are extremely dangerous.

Wait, I like hippies just fine!

ELFers are the freaks.

Wait, I like hippies just fine!

ELFers are the freaks.
Right, 'bout the same bathing habits and drug usage, but the ELFers and other extreme environmentalists are dangerous.

Well, here's an example of what I mean when I say that the emphasis on the primacy of Evolution in school science curricula is misplaced. I'll bet that every drooling miscreant involved in this act is well versed in Evolution Theory, and deficient in basic Physics and Chemistry.

I wonder what they intend to do about the enormous amounts of RF radiation we're all exposed to from natural sources like, oh say, the sun and global lightning strikes?

I do not think these are cute little elfs these ELFs are domestic terrorists.

Ha, they aren't more worried about the brain rot caused by listening to Rush? :2razz:

Ha, they aren't more worried about the brain rot caused by listening to Rush? :2razz:

*snort* .... maybe they figure the dittoheads get what they deserve ;)

AM radio is on its way out anyway, based on the amount of listeners.......so I wonder what ELF will target next?

Back
Top Bottom