• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Activists plan 'world's largest fart-in' during Hillary DNC speech...

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Far-left activists aren’t going away quietly — or with a pleasant aroma.

Hillary Clinton hold nose Cheri Honkala, head of Poor People’s Economic Human Rights Campaign, is organizing the world’s largest ‘fart-in’ to be held on July 28 at Philadelphia’s Wells Fargo Center during Hillary Clinton’s anticipated Democratic nomination acceptance speech.

“We will be holding a massive bean supper for Bernie Sanders delegates on American Street in my Kensington neighborhood on the afternoon of July 28,” Honkala says, TruthDig reports.
Activists plot 'world's largest fart-in' during Hillary's DNC speech - The American MirrorThe American Mirror

That's what I'm Talkin bout! :lol::lol:

I need to email them and tell them to eat some Habaneros, a mess of brussel sprouts and drink at least a pint of beer....to make for some real zingers! ;)

That's what I'm Talkin bout! :lol::lol:

I need to email them and tell them to eat some Habaneros, a mess of brussel sprouts and drink at least a pint of beer....to make for some real zingers! ;)

of they could just stop bathing until the convention but I think that is already SOP for them

All the ridiculous programs that Bernie promised already destroyed any chance of being taken seriously.

The "ridiculous" programs that function just fine in the rest of the civilized world like guaranteed access to healthcare and education. Oh the unrealistic tyranny!

You must have an incredibly low opinion of Americans.

Last edited:
The "ridiculous" programs that function just fine in the rest of the civilized world like guaranteed access to healthcare and education. Oh the unrealistic tyranny!

"just fine" = mediocre, for those who value quantity over quality Im sure yall think its all just peachy keen

"just fine" = mediocre, for those who value quantity over quality Im sure yall think its all just peachy keen

We pay twice as much for healthcare than any other industrialized nation and we still let poor people die. Tens of millions of Americans are completely uninsured. The medical system in Germany, for instance, is pretty stellar and you can opt out of the public system and take your money to a private insurer. (Which you'd still be paying dramatically less than the US)

Your arguments fall completely and totally flat. You made the outrageous claim that healthcare and education reform is ridiculous and untenable, yet the entire rest of the world has already done it. Do you believe that Americans are fundamentally dumber and more incompetent than other nations and couldn't possibly manage something like that?

We pay twice as much for healthcare than any other industrialized nation and we still let poor people die. Tens of millions of Americans are completely uninsured. The medical system in Germany, for instance, is pretty stellar and you can opt out of the public system and take your money to a private insurer. (Which you'd still be paying dramatically less than the US)

Your arguments fall completely and totally flat. You made the outrageous claim that healthcare and education reform is ridiculous and untenable, yet the entire rest of the world has already done it. Do you believe that Americans are fundamentally dumber and more incompetent than other nations and couldn't possibly manage something like that?
Wait, wasn't Obamacare supposed to fix that?

Many Americans aren't that stupid. But quite a few are stupid enough to believe the American government burearcracy could manage that.

Wait, wasn't Obamacare supposed to fix that?

I was never a fan of Obamacare but even that has increased the number of insured Americans dramatically. We're not talking about Obamacare, we're talking about socialized medicine. Either option is still better than the conservative option of "**** the poor if they want to see a doctor earn a bunch of money and pay for it themselves".

Many Americans aren't that stupid. But quite a few are stupid enough to believe the American government burearcracy could manage that.

So essentially every other major country on earth is dramatically more competent than we are? We can land on the moon, win 2 world wars and be at the forefront of technological development, but we couldn't possibly un**** our healthcare system.

I was never a fan of Obamacare but even that has increased the number of insured Americans dramatically. We're not talking about Obamacare, we're talking about socialized medicine. Either option is still better than the conservative option of "**** the poor if they want to see a doctor earn a bunch of money and pay for it themselves".

Actually, it hasn't. I believe there are roughly the same number of uninsured as before Obamacare (depending on which estimate you believe).

So essentially every other major country on earth is dramatically more competent than we are? We can land on the moon, win 2 world wars and be at the forefront of technological development, but we couldn't possibly un**** our healthcare system.
We haven't been to the moon in decades, and we couldn't win WWII today.

Yes, our bureaucracy is that incompetent. The evidence is everywhere, not sure how you could've missed it.

Actually, it hasn't. I believe there are roughly the same number of uninsured as before Obamacare (depending on which estimate you believe).

The number of insured has increased, and insurance companies are no longer allowed to deny coverage to people with pre-existing conditions. It used to be if you had an expensive pre-existing condition you couldn't get any insurance and were **** out of luck. Also: Repeatedly making the text as big as you can makes you seem childish.

We haven't been to the moon in decades, and we couldn't win WWII today.

Yes, our bureaucracy is that incompetent. The evidence is everywhere, not sure how you could've missed it.

So you're just here to complain and proclaim "No we can't!" without providing any solutions of your own?

1) Do you think it would be a good thing for all Americans to be insured?
2) If so, what is your plan to achieve that?

The medical system in Germany, for instance, is pretty stellar and you can opt out of the public system and take your money to a private insurer. (Which you'd still be paying dramatically less than the US)

I think what many conservatives & right-libertarians don't understand is that 100% private healthcare cannot be a legitimate free market enterprise*, because the market obviously is not free: It's a captive consumer group. No-one needs to buy smartphones or computers. Everyone needs to eat, but most people can grow their own or buy from small local farmers if they choose. By contrast, virtually no-one can DIY antibiotics, vaccines, drugs, medical equipment or surgical procedures.

A captive consumer base - whose lives often literally depend on paying whatever the hell you want to charge them - inevitably means skyrocketing prices in a profit-driven system. Competing profit-seekers only slightly mitigates that obvious fact. Private healthcare should certainly be an option, but only in competition with a public alternative.

* Of course, there are also those who are just straight-up dogmatic about 'small government' without the faintest care or clue as to why that is their doctrine.

My guess is te governments in those countries are less incompetent than ours. We need to be taking things away from government management rather than adding to the mess.

Back
Top Bottom