• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Activists call for nationwide protests to protect Mueller investigation

Verax

Disappointed in Trump
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Reuters

ATLANTA (Reuters) - U.S. progressive groups will stage hundreds of protests nationwide on Thursday to demand that President Donald Trump do nothing to hinder an ongoing investigation into Russian meddling to help him win the 2016 U.S. election.

The protests, operating under the banner “Nobody is Above the Law” and led by the activist group MoveOn, called for people to gather in cities at 5 p.m. on Thursday in an effort to protect the investigation led by Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

The action was spurred by Trump’s move on Wednesday to replace Attorney General Jeff Sessions with Sessions’ chief of staff, Matthew Whitaker, as acting attorney general. Sessions had recused himself from overseeing the Russia investigation, while Whitaker has called for it to be scaled down.

There's currently what appears to be a massive media blackout on this. There are over 900 protests beginning at 5pm local time today. This is part of the "MUELLER PROTECTION RAPID RESPONSE" by MoveOn that has been organized for over a year and was triggered by the firing of Jeff Sessions. Protesters are planning on digging in and not leaving. This could get interesting if it picks up like Occupy Wall Street did.

MoveOn

612457425_750x422.jpg

While I like the idea, the reality is Trump will give zero ****s about the protest.

While I like the idea, the reality is Trump will give zero ****s about the protest.

He will at first, but if it goes on for weeks, months, and keeps getting coverage...

Why do these people think Mueller's investigation needs to be protected? Has anyone in the Trump administration taken any action against Mueller? I don't think so.

But hey...these people must have a lot of time on their hands. They can make their own choices on how to use their time. I don't really care as long as they stay peaceful while they are doing it.

He will at first, but if it goes on for weeks, months, and keeps getting coverage...

Did not work with Immigration, or Kavanaugh, or anything else so far.

Did not work with Immigration, or Kavanaugh, or anything else so far.

Those were temporary, these are meant to be sustained like Occupy was and they are on a massive scale.

Why do these people think Mueller's investigation needs to be protected? Has anyone in the Trump administration taken any action against Mueller? I don't think so.

Because Trump repeatedly complained about Sessions recusing himself from Mueller investigation, and now fired him and replaced with someone who believes Mueller investigation needs to be curtailed and should not look at Trump's finances... Guess what, collusion with Russia (if there is one) would be rooted in financial relationships between Trump and Russians...

Then again, you of course new all this already...

But hey...these people must have a lot of time on their hands. They can make their own choices on how to use their time. I don't really care as long as they stay peaceful while they are doing it.

Because Trump has already tried to end it twice, and failed, and he has a history of trying to interfere with federal investigations.

Glad I could clear that up for you.

The investigation needs to end.

If Mueller has no "startling" revelations tying Trump to Russian election interference in his expected after-midterm "announcements," then IMO there is really no reason for it to continue.

Trump was right about one thing, Sessions should never have recused himself allowing Rosenstein to create such an expansive authorization memo.

Last edited:
Because Trump repeatedly complained about Sessions recusing himself from Mueller investigation, and now fired him and replaced with someone who believes Mueller investigation needs to be curtailed and should not look at Trump's finances... Guess what, collusion with Russia (if there is one) would be rooted in financial relationships between Trump and Russians...

Then again, you of course new all this already...

What I know...what I've seen from day one of the Mueller investigation...is that Trump has done nothing to impede Mueller.

Given that, why would anyone think he'll do something now? Because he's said he doesn't like the investigation? Heck, he could have done something at any time. He hasn't.

Because Trump has already tried to end it twice, and failed, and he has a history of trying to interfere with federal investigations.

Glad I could clear that up for you.

He hasn't tried to end it at all.

Believe me, if he wanted to end it, it would be over.

What I know...what I've seen from day one of the Mueller investigation...is that Trump has done nothing to impede Mueller.

Given that, why would anyone think he'll do something now? Because he's said he doesn't like the investigation? Heck, he could have done something at any time. He hasn't.

He has now...

He forced Sessions to resign.

He hasn't tried to end it at all.

Believe me, if he wanted to end it, it would be over.

Yes, we know he has, at least twice. Once in the Summer of 17, ordering McGahn to do it and he refused. And then again in December of 17 when he was outraged that subpoenas were issued about his business with Deutsche Bank.

Believe me, it's worth actually knowing the history of the investigations.

Yes, we know he has, at least twice. Once in the Summer of 17, ordering McGahn to do it and he refused. And then again in December of 17 when he was outraged that subpoenas were issued about his business with Deutsche Bank.

Believe me, it's worth actually knowing the history of the investigations.

LOL!!!

So. You are one of those people who believe that rumors are facts.

Interference comes in many forms

Okay. Describe the interference. Please be detailed and specific. No spin, speculation, innuendo or hyperbole allowed.

LOL!!!

So. You are one of those people who believe that rumors are facts.

So you're one of those people who, unless there are signed affidavits, in triplicate, refuse to believe anything.

Not even remotely surprised by that.

???

Has Mueller been fired?

The way to curtail or effectively end the Mueller investigation is NOT to fire Mueller; its to put someone in charge that will say 'no' to indictments, subpoena's and expenditures. That is what Trump just did.

But, hey, Trump also just committed a grand act of obstruction of justice in plain sight of everyone. Short term genius on his part, but very stupid in the long run; a Saturday night massacre on a Wednesday afternoon.

Last edited:
So you're one of those people who, unless there are signed affidavits, in triplicate, refuse to believe anything.

Not even remotely surprised by that.

I certainly do refuse to give credence to rumors. That's my choice.

You, of course, will make your own choice.

The way to curtail or effectively end the Mueller investigation is NOT to fire Mueller, its to put someone in charge that will say 'no' to indictments, subpoena's and expenditures. That is what Trump just did.

Let me know when Whitaker does any of that, okay?

But, hey, Trump also just committed a grand act of obstruction of justice in plain sight of everyone. Short term genius on his part, but very stupid in the long run; a Saturday night massacre on a Wednesday afternoon.

Trump hasn't obstructed anything.

Reuters

There's currently what appears to be a massive media blackout on this. There are over 900 protests beginning at 5pm local time today. This is part of the "MUELLER PROTECTION RAPID RESPONSE" by MoveOn that has been organized for over a year and was triggered by the firing of Jeff Sessions. Protesters are planning on digging in and not leaving. This could get interesting if it picks up like Occupy Wall Street did.

MoveOn

612457425_750x422.jpg

Who gives a crap what they think.

It's a signal to Republicans in the Senate, Congress, and the White House Just like the eating at a photo op spot by Jeff Sessions and Rosenstein in solidarity. Except this time, it's a lot more people.

Trump basically loaded and cocked the gun. But has he shot!!?!?! Why wait until he's pulled the trigger to prepare the alarm? You don't, that would be stupid.

It could be Trump shenanigans, it could be something else.
- why did they fire the AG?
- why did the deputy AG not take his place as is customary for acting?
- why did they put a trump lacky, who has spoken out against the Mueller investigation, and isn't qualified?
- why has Trump obstructed numerous times in the past?

Acting like he's so innocent, is absurd. None of those should have been done, in that way, and if it was really something the White House were being responsible with, even if they chose to be this stupid, so many times, they could simply have Whittaker say he's leaving the investigation to Rosenstein until a new AG is confirmed.

Back
Top Bottom