• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Activists block buses, court to try to stop Ariz. deportations

Erod

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Immigrant-rights activists said Friday morning they are blocking buses in Tucson, Ariz., filled with illegal immigrants who are on their way to be being sentenced to jail and then processed for deportation.
The activists said those on the buses are part of Operation Streamline, which is designed to give illegal immigrants jail sentences before they are deported, as a deterrent to keep them from trying to reenter the country in the future. The activists, though, say the program circumvents due process rights.

Read more: Activists block buses, court to try to stop Ariz. deportations - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Really, libs? You want to call these folks "fellow citizens"? Or do you just want their vote?

Really, libs? You want to call these folks "fellow citizens"? Or do you just want their vote?

Hard to believe they're circumventing the rights of the accused. Whatever they need to do not to do that? They should implement. It's a great idea.

It seems like, from your own source, they are not wanting their vote (straw man #1), but rather are upset about the jail sentences. Your source says:

The activists said those on the buses are part of Operation Streamline, which is designed to give illegal immigrants jail sentences before they are deported, as a deterrent to keep them from trying to reenter the country in the future. The activists, though, say the program circumvents due process rights.

It helps reading the source before you post it, Wehr - I mean, Erod.

This is as unproductive and unnecessary as truckers blocking the Beltway is support of right wing policies.

Certainly all of this unpleasantness would be quickly over if someone would simply explain how it has benefited the United States to have imported 40 million permanent dependency class Mexicans.

Citizens using civil disobedience to protest laws they perceive as unjust? I'm supposed to be rabidly angry about this?

Certainly all of this unpleasantness would be quickly over if someone would simply explain how it has benefited the United States to have imported 40 million permanent dependency class Mexicans.

I thought they were all TAKIN ARE JERRBS

This is as unproductive and unnecessary as truckers blocking the Beltway is support of right wing policies.

so are you saying that all truckers are right wing. Maybe they just think enough is enough.

so are you saying that all truckers are right wing. Maybe they just think enough is enough.

Now what he's saying at all. But the position these particular truckers who organized this event have taken is decidedly right-wing.

Now what he's saying at all. But the position these particular truckers who organized this event have taken is decidedly right-wing.

what about the thousands of truckers who are participating?

No offense but I have known Hatuey for years and he is very qualified to answer the question.

No offense but I have known Hatuey for years and he is very qualified to answer the question.

Don't mean to speak for him, I was just offering how a reasonable person would read his post.

Criminals supporting criminals. Left wing activists will never change.

Criminals supporting criminals. Left wing activists will never change.

Completely ignoring the point to make up their own ridiculous motivations for people. Right wingers will never change.

Completely ignoring the point to make up their own ridiculous motivations for people. Right wingers will never change.

With the illogic you are using, we should support and give a pass to a bank robber because he claimed he needed the money.

With the illogic you are using, we should support and give a pass to a bank robber because he claimed he needed the money.

Nothing I have said remotely resembles this idiotic concept. Move along.

Nothing I have said remotely resembles this idiotic concept. Move along.

Nope. I'll stick around.

Who typed this out? "Citizens using civil disobedience to protest laws they perceive as unjust? I'm supposed to be rabidly angry about this? "

Not all truckers are blocking the Beltway. So no, that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that the ones blocking the Beltway are wrong and are right wing. Will my reading comprehension be as bad as yours when I get to my 60s?

Nope. I'll stick around.

Who typed this out? "Citizens using civil disobedience to protest laws they perceive as unjust? I'm supposed to be rabidly angry about this? "

Not comparable to bank robbery. :2wave:

Back
Top Bottom