• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Active shooter Chicago hospital

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Just breaking. Link to come.

*edit

Police respond to report of active shooter at Chicago hospital

Police were responding to reports of shots fired at Mercy Hospital in Chicago on Monday afternoon.

Anthony Guglielmi, chief communications officer for the Chicago Police Department, said there are reports of multiple victims on Twitter Tuesday.

One suspect was shot as searches of the area were continuing, authorities said. Mercy Hospital is 26 blocks south of the Chicago Loop.​

Multiple people reported shot in 'active shooter' situation near Mercy Hospital on South Side

"Authorities were reporting multiple victims in an “active shooter” attack in the area of Mercy Hospital on the Near South Side that brought out a large police presence Monday afternoon.

Emergency crews were called to near the hospital, 2525 S. Michigan Ave., about 3:20 p.m.

There were “Reports of multiple victims” in the attack, police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said in a tweet."

More craziness...ugh.

Active shooter at Chicago Mercy Hospital

Theres a video of cops roaming the halls in that last link.

Oh god. :(

Inb4 the inevitable stream of "see what a violent city Chicago is?!" posts despite the fact that there are other US cities with a much higher murder rate.

Just breaking. Link to come.

*edit

Police respond to report of active shooter at Chicago hospital

Police were responding to reports of shots fired at Mercy Hospital in Chicago on Monday afternoon.

Anthony Guglielmi, chief communications officer for the Chicago Police Department, said there are reports of multiple victims on Twitter Tuesday.

One suspect was shot as searches of the area were continuing, authorities said. Mercy Hospital is 26 blocks south of the Chicago Loop.​
Quick to pick one as time is running out for an edit

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news...ng-mercy-hospital-chicago-20181119-story.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=active+shooter+chcago&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news...ng-mercy-hospital-chicago-20181119-story.html

A Chicago police officer and multiple other people, including an apparent shooter, were wounded in an “active shooter” attack at Mercy Hospital on the Near South Side that brought out a large police presence Monday afternoon, authorities said.

The officer was critically injured in the shooting attack at and near the hospital, 2525 S. Michigan Ave., about 3:20 p.m., a police spokesman said.

Thoughts and prayers.

I may be jumping the gun, but what odds the shooter is another white conservative man? Waiting for trump's tweet attacking the hospital staff for not carrying guns.

Yep thats what I want to see in hospitals - nurses and doctors carrying guns.

Oh god. :(

Inb4 the inevitable stream of "see what a violent city Chicago is?!" posts despite the fact that there are other US cities with a much higher murder rate.

In fact, there are 24 cities ahead of Chicago when it comes to murder rates. But don't let facts stop Trump and his Alt-fact Army from pushing their own reality.

Hoping and praying the victim count today is as minimal as possible.

Chicago has strict gun control, already.

It also exists in an impenetrable bubble where no guns can enter city limits. /s

Police officer got shot again? Good guy with a gun?

The story is right-wing fake news. It's impossible, Chicago has some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation so we all know it can't happen there. Besides the south side is black, so right there its fake story to smear black people.

well, at least we know medical attention is immediate

well, at least we know medical attention is immediate

Depends on what parts of the hospital are on lockdown. Hopefully not the ER.

Yep - that will solve all these mass shootings. GUN CONTROL NOW!

Chicago has some of the strictest gun control in the country.

It also exists in an impenetrable bubble where no guns can enter city limits. /s

So then what's the point? The laws will still only apply to 'people that obey the laws.' :doh

So then what's the point? The laws will still only apply to 'people that obey the laws.' :doh

It's a hopeless situation. There's nothing that can be done.

It's a hopeless situation. There's nothing that can be done.

Altho it seems worse, violent crime has been going down every year in the US.

However if you want to reduce this specific type of violence, and of course we all do, we have to figure out how and why we are creating these POS male losers that feel the need to blame everyone else for their problems and failures.

Caveat: I am speaking to 'active shooters' and their very common profile. I dont know that this has been confirmed as an 'active shooter' scenario yet...it could have been a drug dealer going in to hit a competitor for all I know at this time.

Altho it seems worse, violent crime has been going down every year in the US.

However if you want to reduce this specific type of violence, and of course we all do, we have to figure out how and why we are creating these POS male losers that feel the need to blame everyone else for their problems and failures.

Caveat: I am speaking to 'active shooters' and their very common profile. I dont know that this has been confirmed as an 'active shooter' scenario yet...it could have been a drug dealer going in to hit a competitor for all I know at this time.

The motive doesn't matter. Violence is attractive to our society and in many situations for many people, the preferred course of conflict resolution.

From the description that I read, it seems like a crime of passion.

Back
Top Bottom