• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Active Games and Game Host Queue

I don't have the ability to create a thread, I guess I need permission from a mod.
Yeah...that's the part I'm unsure about...VK perhaps?

I don't have the ability to create a thread, I guess I need permission from a mod.

When Smoke's game is done taking signups, I'll move your name from the Host Queue to the 'Awaiting Permission' queue. Hugh or CC should be along to alter your permissions shortly thereafter.

I'm thinking we should stick to one active game and one game in signups at a time, so that we always have one game active and so that we never have two games active. Forum seems to be able to support one game at a time for now.

After either S&M's or MadLib's games resolve, I'll post signups for Simple Complexity.

A major game mechanic will be added to the Day phases.

I'm interested in hosting a game.

I'm finishing up Simple Complexity, and it will be Themes Mafia Game #3. The strengths of this game will be added variety and choices, as well as a Daytime action function. As soon as Themes Mafia Game #2 - Cyber Scum hits 3-4 players, I'll post Signups. I'd like to see a pattern in which a new Themes Mafia Game Signups begins as the prior is beginning to resolve.

If anyone wants to host a game after the current one, please feel free to do so.

I wouldn't mind hosting a game after the current classic series one (#2) is done. I meant to sign up for that one, but I guess it started already. My game will be pirate themed!

I'm liking the pirate idea.

I'd like to host a Variations game. However, other members ought to be able to host games if they want before then. Pasch plans to host a Pirate game. If any members want to host games, please feel free to post it here before I host the Variations game.

As for the game that might be hosted... there's two possibilities. Another card game that's basically classic mafia + balanced cards...

...or a Power Role Madness game. Did you see the Xylbot thread with all of those crazy roles? That was only, what, 1/5 of all of them? I want to go crazy with the chaos, incorporating a Mystery Angel Role, etc. Every member would have a Power Role. Nexus, Mimic, Vote Thief, Angel, Zombie, Grandfather, Bomb, Inventor, you ******* name it.

Okay, I'm starting to get into a position where I can be more active here.

What's going on with the game queue? Who's running what, and who's in line?

Perhaps you'd consider a game I've been wanting for some time (but I lack the tech and time to properly host). It's a game I might call "Fast and Furious". No power roles, everyone gets a Vig card. It needs a minimum town:scum ration of 9:2 or 5:1, to prevent a Day 2 scum win via mislynch (presuming scum does not overlap night-kills and they use their vig cards at the start of Day 2).

If it gets out of hand, the game could be over before Night 1. I don't see it going past Day 2, but the slightly better than average ratio of town:scum should give each team a shot at winning. Power roles are not needed because there will be plenty of info from Vig card use, and a PR + vig card would be overpowered.

I'm just throwing this out there in case you haven't anything under serious consideration yet.

Glad you're back.

I'm planning to host a Variations game. Pasch's Pirate game is before that. ANYONE ELSE, like if Eco wants to host a game, can go ahead of me if they want.

Also, S&M and Digsbe have game Signups. Digs is busy and I don't know what's up with SmokeandMirrors. Iirc her game's banner/link is in her sig; maybe if our newer players signed up for her game it'd take off the ground. Not sure if it should stay on the queue or not since it's been many months.

So basically I'll host either another cards Mafia game or a chaotic PR Madness game. Whatever the case I want everyone to know they can jump in line ahead of me.

You should check out the Normal Mini-Mafia game.

That game was on crazy fire, hitting almost 1800 posts.

There was an added Day function in that each player was given a unique card that they could activate only once in the game at any time during the Day phases. That served as catalysts for increased discussion. I'm planning to try this again with more balanced effects.

I have NO idea how to jump into this Mafia game I was invited to

It's alright. The first thing to do is confirm, once you receive your Role PM. After everyone does that, then the game starts.

Once the game starts, you basically talk with the other players in that thread. You know there's 4 people who want you and the other good guys dead, so you need to do whatever you can to find and lynch them. ;]

It's alright. The first thing to do is confirm, once you receive your Role PM. After everyone does that, then the game starts.

Once the game starts, you basically talk with the other players in that thread. You know there's 4 people who want you and the other good guys dead, so you need to do whatever you can to find and lynch them. ;]

Is this game all text based?

I've got a theme game in the works. It'll be flavored based on Super Mario Bros. Flavor knowledge is not required though.

Back
Top Bottom