• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ACORN vindicated?

Yo my hoes will be happy to know they will set us up with a brothel. :thumbs:

Why am I not surprised?

WASHINGTON, March 11 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, announced today that it has obtained documents from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) detailing federal investigations into the alleged corrupt activities of Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN). The documents reference serious allegations of corruption and voter registration fraud by ACORN as well as the Obama administration's decision to shut down a criminal investigation without filing criminal charges.

The documents include background information on two specific complaints filed in October 2008 by Lucy Corelli and Joseph Borges, Republican Registrars of Voters in Stamford and Bridgeport, Connecticut, respectively, during the 2008 election season.

According to Corelli, on August 1, 2008, her office received 1,200 ACORN voter registration cards from the Secretary of State's office. Over 300 of these cards were rejected because of "duplicates, underage, illegible and invalid addresses," which "put a tremendous strain on our office staff and caused endless work hours at taxpayers' expense." Corelli claimed the total cost of the extra work caused by ACORN corruption was $20,000. Likewise, Borges contended that: "The organization ACORN during the summer of 2008 conducted a registration drive which has produced over 100 rejections due to incomplete forms and individuals who are not citizens..." Among the examples cited by Borges was a seven-year old child who was registered to vote by ACORN through the use of a forged signature and a fake birth certificate claiming she was 27-years old.

The FBI and Department of Justice opened an investigation. However, the Obama Justice Department, while noting that ACORN had engaged in "questionable hiring and training practices," closed down the investigation in March 2009, claiming ACORN broke no laws.

Obama Justice Department Shut Down Federal ACORN Investigation According to Documents Obtained by Judicial Watch

Those Black Panthers were vindicated too. :roll:

Judicial Watch has unearthed some explosive new ACORN documents that, according to a press release, show the Obama Justice Department quashed an FBI investigation of ACORN. It started when the Republican Registrars of Voters of Stamford and Bridgeport, Connecticut -- Lucy Corelli and Joseph Borges -- filed a complaint with the FBI during the 2008 election season:

According to Corelli, on August 1, 2008, her office received 1,200 ACORN voter registration cards from the Secretary of State’s office. Over 300 of these cards were rejected because of “duplicates, underage, illegible and invalid addresses,” which “put a tremendous strain on our office staff and caused endless work hours at taxpayers’ expense.” Corelli claimed the total cost of the extra work caused by ACORN corruption was $20,000. Likewise, Borges contended that: “The organization ACORN during the summer of 2008 conducted a registration drive which has produced over 100 rejections due to incomplete forms and individuals who are not citizens…” Among the examples cited by Borges was a seven-year old child who was registered to vote by ACORN through the use of a forged signature and a fake birth certificate claiming she was 27-years old.

The FBI and Department of Justice opened an investigation into the the charges. But according to documents Judical Watch obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request, the Obama Justice Department "while noting that ACORN had engaged in 'questionable hiring and training practices,' closed down the investigation in March 2009, claiming ACORN broke no laws." Of course, as Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton made a point of telling me on the phone, it is illegal to knowingly submit false voter registrations so the Justice Department's claim that ACORN didn't violate any laws is highly dubious.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: Obama Justice Dept. shut down FBI's ACORN investigation | Washington Examiner

New Documents Uncovered from ACORN Investigation [Daniel Foster]

The website Judicial Watch has obtained hundreds of pages of documents from the 2007 voter fraud investigation centered on the semi-defunct ACORN. The cache includes pages of handwritten notes from interviews between ACORN employees and FBI agents.

Among the highlights?

— [ACORN] “Told employees not to talk to the FBI. ‘FBI trying to intimidate you.’”

Fraudulent cards:

— To cause confusion on election day to keep polls open longer

— To allow people who can’t vote to vote.

— To allow to vote multiple times.

— Project Vote will pay them whether cards fake or not – whatever they had to do to get the cards was attitude.

— Constantly threatened

— Staff restricted on what to say to FBI

— “Poverty pimpin” (sic) ACORN

— ACORN HQ is wkg for the Democratic Party.

— PV [Project Vote] pays ACORN $6.00 per card…Said “You treat the cards like (cash) $”

— Some [names] went right from the phone book and made up the rest.

— Canvassers: homeless, volatile, drug users, drunks…

— Anyone who was against PV (Project Vote) or ACORN’s goals “right wing”

— She thought if she used a completely fake name it would be less like ID Theft…”Yeah, it’s against the law, I know.”

New Documents Uncovered from ACORN Investigation - Daniel Foster - The Corner on National Review Online

Well, that's an opinion piece. For all I know, based on the article you shared. Any other confirming source? ONe way to double check something is to see if it is found in multiple sources. I even think we should do that with the first article in this thread. So far, I've not seen nor found any confirming article from your link. I find that odd if it is true.

Well, that's an opinion piece. For all I know, based on the article you shared. Any other confirming source? ONe way to double check something is to see if it is found in multiple sources. I even think we should do that with the first article in this thread. So far, I've not seen nor found any confirming article from your link. I find that odd if it is true.

Are you google impaired?

Judicial Watch Obtains New FBI Documents Regarding ACORN Voter Fraud Investigation | Judicial Watch

That's the same article. Other than Judical watch, is there another source? The Washington examiner was an opinion, likely a response to the Judical watch article. The NRO article also refers only to Judical watch, and as NRO is often inaccurate, they would have no problem using another inaccurate article. Anyone do it on their own?

Now I know you didn't read the article...

These documents were obtained from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) via a Freedom of Information Act Request. They detail federal investigations into the alleged corrupt activities of Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN). The documents reference serious allegations of corruption and voter registration fraud by ACORN as well as the Obama administration’s decision to shut down a criminal investigation without filing criminal charges.

FBI ACORN Documents | Judicial Watch

Count me not suprised.

Now I know you didn't read the article...

FBI ACORN Documents | Judicial Watch

Count me not suprised.

No, I read the article, but saying they got it from the FBI does not mean they are reporting it accurately. NRO has been caught doing this before, saying a document said something it didn't. How do I know Judical Watch is any better? Well, if it was reported some place else indendently, that would be a good start. Remember, from mulitiple sources looking at the same evidence independently. Do you have that or not?

Once again the d00d who thinks Media Matters is a legit source is whining about Brietbart? :lamo

I don't know about the money stuff, but that "child prostitution brothel" video deal was a total fabrication. The tapes were cleverly edited to show something that wasn't happening. Listening to the full audio paints exactly the opposite picture.

I don't know about the money stuff, but that "child prostitution brothel" video deal was a total fabrication. The tapes were cleverly edited to show something that wasn't happening. Listening to the full audio paints exactly the opposite picture.

Because you can't truly liberate a third world child without molesting them first.

Because you can't truly liberate a third world child without molesting them first.

Yes, that's the part I mean when I said "something that wasn't happening."

The house being purchased was pitched as an escape for those children. Getting them (and the girl in the video) away from a life of prostitution. The kid also never dressed as a pimp, despite going on Fox News dressed as one and proclaiming that this is what he wore in the office. (to clarify, this would be lying)

Funny how those parts didn't make the cut.

for more on clever editing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBwepkVurCI

Last edited:
See...thats why I LOVE the left...voter fraud...intimidation...its ALL GOOD as long as its for their side...

And the right who refuses to see the truth when it's handed to them. Glen Beck went as far as to play with Barbie to show how "corrupt" this organization is, and had show after show vilifying them after the video tapes were made public. Now it's plain as day that they were edited to the point that they were completely misleading and untruthful. Where was Beck's show on how he--and the other idiots at Fox who went gangbusters on ACORN--were completely had by this hack and his "ho?" Nothing but crickets.

When one breaks it all down and see the true facts, one cannot come to any conclusion other than that ACORN--an organization aimed at helping the poorer people of America--was targeted by a bunch of right-winged yahoos who wished to bring them down. And they, unfortunately, succeeded.

the Obama Justice Department quashed an FBI investigation of ACORN

That's how you vindicate someone, Chicago style.

Back
Top Bottom