• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ACLU petitions court to get man's guns returned from Broward Sheriff's Office

I forget the gun boys hate when you call a shotgun a rifle...

Crazy men can't have boom sticks.

So that you do not sound like a dumbass again here are some links to educate you on the differences between the two.

What is the difference between a shotgun and a rifle? | Answerbag
What is the difference between a shotgun and a rifle?

Read more: What is the difference between a shotgun and a rifle? | Answerbag What is the difference between a shotgun and a rifle? | Answerbag
A shotgun fires a shell (up to 3/4"-ish in diameter) which is basically a plastic case filled with pellets (of various sizes depending on the "gauge"), which scatter and provide a greater likelihood of a hit. They're used for hunting birds or small game. Some shotguns only fire one shot before you have to open it at the hinge, pick out the brass base of the shell, and put another in; double-barreled shotguns have 2 barrels (duh), with others you plug in, I dunno, about 7 shells, then "pump" it like you see on the teevee.
A rifle fires one solid bullet at a time. (Caliber is the fraction of an inch wide the bullet is, eg, .30 cal is 3/10 of an inch wide.)

Difference between Rifles & Shotguns
These differences determine the specific uses of each of these firearms. Rifles are designed for accuracy to hit a precise point. Shotguns are designed to shoot a spread of shot at moving targets.

HowStuffWorks "How Shotguns Work"

Ah yes...you support a standard that you apparently cannot sufficiently define.
Sounds like a -great- idea -- until you are asked for specifics.
:roll:

WTF are you even talking about??

So... define "a history of mental illness'.

Already did.

Ah... an ad hom -- the final rhetorical resting place for those with nothing of substance.

Nothing of substance is what I'm complaining about.

So that you do not sound like a dumbass again here are some links to educate you on the differences between the two.

What is the difference between a shotgun and a rifle? | Answerbag
What is the difference between a shotgun and a rifle?

Read more: What is the difference between a shotgun and a rifle? | Answerbag What is the difference between a shotgun and a rifle? | Answerbag
A shotgun fires a shell (up to 3/4"-ish in diameter) which is basically a plastic case filled with pellets (of various sizes depending on the "gauge"), which scatter and provide a greater likelihood of a hit. They're used for hunting birds or small game. Some shotguns only fire one shot before you have to open it at the hinge, pick out the brass base of the shell, and put another in; double-barreled shotguns have 2 barrels (duh), with others you plug in, I dunno, about 7 shells, then "pump" it like you see on the teevee.
A rifle fires one solid bullet at a time. (Caliber is the fraction of an inch wide the bullet is, eg, .30 cal is 3/10 of an inch wide.)

Difference between Rifles & Shotguns
These differences determine the specific uses of each of these firearms. Rifles are designed for accuracy to hit a precise point. Shotguns are designed to shoot a spread of shot at moving targets.

HowStuffWorks "How Shotguns Work"

And I'll file that under 'stuff I don't care about'...

You gun nuts are so proud of your knowledge of every working part. You guys love to talk shop with another gun nut.

You're kinda like grease monkeys... except I respect that skill.

What percentage of gun nuts are actually decent hunters? Not Dick Cheney at the ranch where they release birds right in front of you. And not paying Ted Nudgent $$$ to have the game tricked into being there. How many gun clowns can actually hunt something besides tin cans and targets?

WTF are you even talking about??
Wow. Lost track already?

You are OK with the state - those that do, anyway - not issuing permits to own guns, er, you mean handguns, for peoplw that 'have a history of mental illness'. I said that this standard has a nebulous threshold and have asked you to better define it.

Are you back up to speed now? Good.

Already did.
Not in any meaningful away. That's why I asked for specifics, and asked you if the situations I presented qualified. If you do not understand the basic terms of the discussion and cannot use those terms with any degree of fluency, then you have no place in the discussion.

Nothing of substance is what I'm complaining about.
"Nothing of substance' -very- well describes what you have presented thus far - does that mean I get to throw a few insults at you?

If you arent fluent in the terminology, then you can have nothing of value to add to the discussion.

You gun nuts are so proud of your knowledge of every working part. You guys love to talk shop with another gun nut.

What percentage of gun nuts are actually decent hunters? Not Dick Cheney at the ranch where they release birds right in front of you. And not paying Ted Nudgent $$$ to have the game tricked into being there. How many gun clowns can actually hunt something besides tin cans and targets?

As long as you anti-2nd amendment loons choose to remain ignorant on the subject of firearms and the 2nd amendment you will always look like a dumb asses in 2nd amendment debates.

BTW hunting is not one of the main reasons for the 2nd amendment,so it is

Looks like Hazlnut decided that he didnt need to further bother us with his acute lack of understanding.

Good for him!

Good article. I applaude the about face.

Interesting how you show respect for those beneath you who have dirty fingernails. I'm sure your manicurist can explain it to you.

As long as you anti-2nd amendment loons choose to remain ignorant on the subject of firearms and the 2nd amendment you will always look like a dumb asses in 2nd amendment debates.

BTW hunting is not one of the main reasons for the 2nd amendment,so it is

The man is a lawyer, and show continual disrespect for a ratified constitutional amendment.

Back
Top Bottom