• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ACLU Director Quits After Daughters’ Bathroom Ordeal[W:53]

WCH

Believer
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
An interim director of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), a major proponent of laws protecting gender identity, has resigned after her daughters were frightened by several transgendered men who came into the ladies room they were using at the time.

Although the mainstream media has utterly ignored this story, LifeSiteNews and a few other outlets are reporting on the resignation of Maya Dillard Smith, interim director of the Georgia chapter of the ACLU, over the organization’s involvement in the controversial transgender bathroom debate.

“I have shared my personal experience of having taken my elementary school age daughters into a women’s restroom when shortly after three transgender young adults, over six feet [tall] with deep voices, entered,” Dillard Smith said.

“My children were visibly frightened, concerned about their safety and left asking lots of questions for which I, like many parents, was ill-prepared to answer,” she continued.

snip...

ACLU Director Quits After Daughters’ Bathroom Ordeal | Women of Grace

Re: ACLU Director Quits After Daughters’ Bathroom Ordeal

An interim director of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), a major proponent of laws protecting gender identity, has resigned after her daughters were frightened by several transgendered men who came into the ladies room they were using at the time.

Although the mainstream media has utterly ignored this story, LifeSiteNews and a few other outlets are reporting on the resignation of Maya Dillard Smith, interim director of the Georgia chapter of the ACLU, over the organization’s involvement in the controversial transgender bathroom debate.

“I have shared my personal experience of having taken my elementary school age daughters into a women’s restroom when shortly after three transgender young adults, over six feet [tall] with deep voices, entered,” Dillard Smith said.

“My children were visibly frightened, concerned about their safety and left asking lots of questions for which I, like many parents, was ill-prepared to answer,” she continued.

snip...

Interesting. Hard to believe that's why she quit, though. She could have made a difference by STAYING.

snip...

Wow, poetic justice... too bad though, that innocent young girls of this shallow thinking mom had to be exposed to that to make the mother re-cogitate her bad decisions that she was willing to foist upon everyone else... obviously never thinking it might actually happen to her in real life.

:lol: I guess that goes to show you that not giving a **** about anyone but a small minority might not be the best position to take on an issue.

Not 100% accurate, but close:

(APN) ATLANTA — Maya Dillard Smith, Interim Director of the Georgia chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), says she has left the organization due to a disagreement she had over its participation in recent litigation over the use of public restrooms by transgender persons.

Georgia ACLU Director Departs over Transgender Litigation (UPDATE 1) | Atlanta Progressive News

Seems like her decision to resign was not only because of her personal experience, but because of her disagreement with the ACLU's overall position on this:

In a statement she accused the ACLU of being “a special interest organization that promotes not all, but certain progressive rights. In that way, it is a special interest organization not unlike the conservative right, which creates a hierarchy of rights based on who is funding the organization’s lobbying activities.”

Dillard Smith argues that transgender rights have “intersectionality with other competing rights, particularly the implications for women’s rights.”

One issue I have with her is this statement:

“My children were visibly frightened, concerned about their safety and left asking lots of questions for which I, like many parents, was ill-prepared to answer,”

Too bad. You're the parent. Unless you want the state to answer those questions for your children, it is YOUR job to figure out how to do so.

I believe precisely none of her story.

Interesting. Hard to believe that's why she quit, though. She could have made a difference by STAYING.

not really because the ACLU isn't really about actual rights. it is a progressive liberal front that pushes the liberal left agenda.
things it doesn't agree with it shouts down as unconstitutional.

things it does agree with it promotes as "inclusive" or "diverse".
in a way to get around sounding hypocritical.

not really because the ACLU isn't really about actual rights. it is a progressive liberal front that pushes the liberal left agenda.
things it doesn't agree with it shouts down as unconstitutional.

things it does agree with it promotes as "inclusive" or "diverse".
in a way to get around sounding hypocritical.

Really?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...nfederate-veterans-the-kkk-and-rush-limbaugh/

Facts demolish Ludin once again.

Too bad. You're the parent. Unless you want the state to answer those questions for your children, it is YOUR job to figure out how to do so.

kinda difficult for a parent to tell their kid or explain to their kid that the government now allows boys to enter their bathrooms.
they are not going to understand.

Hillsboro High students walk out over transgender dispute | Education | stltoday.com

even high school students are not liking it.

kinda difficult for a parent to tell their kid or explain to their kid that the government now allows boys to enter their bathrooms.
they are not going to understand.

Explaining these kinds of things is a parent's job, though... unless you'd prefer public schools to teach them about it.

snip...

Sounds like a learning experience for the woman and her family.

PS: Good to see you around again.

Explaining these kinds of things is a parent's job, though... unless you'd prefer public schools to teach them about it.

Why shouldn't the government explain their asinine stances on issues to children? Why is it my job to explain to my children that they have to accept the governments stupid positions?

Sounds like a learning experience for the woman and her family.

this is what happens to society when we throw logic and reason out the window.

Well, when the source of the 'woman of grace' is such sites as 'lifesitenews', I strongly suspect things being fake.

Why shouldn't the government explain their asinine stances on issues to children? Why is it my job to explain to my children that they have to accept the governments stupid positions?

Oh, so you are OK with the government explaining to kids about the validity of transsexual issues? Good. So am I. We agree.

Oh, so you are OK with the government explaining to kids about the validity of transsexual issues? Good. So am I. We agree.

Never said that. What I said is that it's not my job to explain the governments bull****. If I disagree with their bull**** then I'm not going to support it under any situation whatsoever.

Never said that. What I said is that it's not my job to explain the governments bull****. If I disagree with their bull**** then I'm not going to support it under any situation whatsoever.

OK, then I guess your children will have questions and you can say to them, "sorry kids, I refuse to answer since I disagree with the government on this". After they look at you like you like they have no idea what you are talking about, take them for ice cream.

Spoken by a person who has no children. Or one who has chosen to abdicate his responsibilities as role model to his/her children in favor of Big Brother.

Spoken by a person who has no children. Or one who has chosen to abdicate his responsibilities as role model to his/her children in favor of Big Brother.

I have already done the responsible thing years ago by deciding to send my children to private school. If the government bull**** reaches there I will pull them out of private school and home school them. Anyway, it simply is not my job to explain the governments crap. I have the responsibility to tell my children the truth, and the truth is that the government doesn't give a crap what they think on the issue and won't respect their opinion.

If you can't figure that out then I would question your parenting skills. But something tells me you could manage just fine.

I have two kids and I have no problem explaining the law and rights to them. I even have no problem explaining to them the laws I disagree with. There is nothing wrong with you explaining the law, that people have rights, and then explaining why you personally disagree with the government's position.

I have already done the responsible thing years ago by deciding to send my children to private school. If the government bull**** reaches there I will pull them out of private school and home school them. Anyway, it simply is not my job to explain the governments crap. I have the responsibility to tell my children the truth, and the truth is that the government doesn't give a crap what they think on the issue and won't respect their opinion.

I completely disagree with you. You're the parent who, it would appear, drops his kids off at the curb and says, "fix 'em." Or "raise 'em." That gvmt crap you refer to is part custom part law of the land part Constitution and, yes, part nonsense part sodamnedPC it's appropriate to puke. It is a PARENT'S responsibility to help his young children understand and put these things into perspective. NOT allow them to be indoctrinated by the powers to be.

So, if your kids ask you, you'll just say, "I disagree with what the government is doing, and that's all there is to that". I'm SURE that will be helpful in letting them know what happens when they ask questions.

I completely disagree with you. You're the parent who, it would appear, drops his kids off at the curb and says, "fix 'em." Or "raise 'em." That gvmt crap you refer to is part custom part law of the land part Constitution and, yes, part nonsense part sodamnedPC it's appropriate to puke. It is a PARENT'S responsibility to help his young children understand and put these things into perspective. NOT allow them to be indoctrinated by the powers to be.

Who said anything about allowing their crap to go unchallenged? If the state suggests an idea to children that is completely full of it the parents should correct their children when they parrot it.

Back
Top Bottom