• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ACLU Director Quits After Daughters’ Bathroom Ordeal[W:53]

Re: ACLU Director Quits After Daughters’ Bathroom Ordeal

outliers are outliers.

Funny how those who condemn the entire "left" for the actions of outliers are so willing to dismiss outliers.

They are free to tell that child that. I don't have to be happy about what people teach their children to believe it is still their responsibility to teach them. This woman instead complains about having to teach them anything, even if something that those of us fighting for transgender rights wouldn't approve of. It is no different than someone saying "what do I tell my son/daughter when he/she asks why those two men are holding hands". That is for them to figure out even if it is "those two men are disgusting and should be charged with a crime". Even if I consider such a sentiment to be completely wrong, it is still their responsibility to explain to their children what is going on, even if in their words, rather than a legitimate excuse to have laws forbidding something or to try to stop something from happening.

Fair enough. Although, I do agree with those who would rather not be forced into a teaching moment the minute they try using a public restroom.

Fair enough. Although, I do agree with those who would rather not be forced into a teaching moment the minute they try using a public restroom.

Too bad. Teaching moments with children come about unexpectedly throughout their child's lifetime. Even in the bathroom. Maybe there's a mother in there nursing her baby. Maybe there's a mom who does the whole "potty train from birth" thing, letting her infant pee in the sink. Maybe there's a man in the ladies room because the only changing table is in there and he has the baby. Maybe there's a woman who looks like a man. And yes that's a lot of maybes but they aren't really that much more likely or unlikely to happen than the first one of maybe having to explain to a child with questions why the transgender person is in your restroom.

Funny how those who condemn the entire "left" for the actions of outliers are so willing to dismiss outliers.

the ACLU isn't and outlier.
however the actual concerns of parents and students are not
being listened too or taken seriously.

this lady finally realized what her actual organization stands for.
their war on women I doubt will receive much criticism from the MSM.

I already posted how the ACLU has done what you said they didn't do. Ludin lies again.

There's nothing to take seriously here. She simply doesn't like something an organization she voluntarily worked for supports, and she quit. The story about her children is an excuse. Otherwise she is showing that she has little interest in actually parenting but would rather use her own kids as some political message. She is their parent. Even if others don't like the message you are teaching it is still your responsibility to teach them.

There's nothing to take seriously here. She simply doesn't like something an organization she voluntarily worked for supports, and she quit. The story about her children is an excuse. Otherwise she is showing that she has little interest in actually parenting but would rather use her own kids as some political message. She is their parent. Even if others don't like the message you are teaching it is still your responsibility to teach them.

prove it is an excuse. provide evidence of some sort other than you say so.
prove she has little interest in parenting.

I will be waiting for you to support your claims with something other than I say so.

Too bad. Teaching moments with children come about unexpectedly throughout their child's lifetime. Even in the bathroom. Maybe there's a mother in there nursing her baby. Maybe there's a mom who does the whole "potty train from birth" thing, letting her infant pee in the sink. Maybe there's a man in the ladies room because the only changing table is in there and he has the baby. Maybe there's a woman who looks like a man. And yes that's a lot of maybes but they aren't really that much more likely or unlikely to happen than the first one of maybe having to explain to a child with questions why the transgender person is in your restroom.

Sure. I get that. Obviously. But, that does not mean someone has to like it.

And, to be fair to the ACLU lady, she should not have to deal with men in dresses invading the women's bathroom. I know you think different. But, the fact still remains, these are men in a woman's bathroom. It's the men who are bullying their way in. It's not the women who are bullying them by asking they stay the hell out.

prove it is an excuse. provide evidence of some sort other than you say so.
prove she has little interest in parenting.

I will be waiting for you to support your claims with something other than I say so.

So you're saying that this was her personal decision and therefore is confirmation bias of your loaded claim about a "war on women"? This decision does not represent the ACLU. She quit because she cannot represent the ACLU. Her exuse? Parenting her children.

Rather than be unprofessional, she stepped down from her position for personal reasons.

So... none of these people did anything to her or her daughter, and they were presenting in a way that it was perfectly clear they were trans women, if not necessarily passing -- but definitely not just dudes walking into a woman's restroom.

I'm failing to see why this was an "ordeal." It sounds like she's just scared of trans people and failed to meet the demands of parenthood.

If she thinks the ACLU should take more cases affecting black people and women (and I do not claim to know how representative their cases are), then leaving was a pretty useless path to take towards that goal.

Sure. I get that. Obviously. But, that does not mean someone has to like it.

And, to be fair to the ACLU lady, she should not have to deal with men in dresses invading the women's bathroom. I know you think different. But, the fact still remains, these are men in a woman's bathroom. It's the men who are bullying their way in. It's not the women who are bullying them by asking they stay the hell out.

She is free to not use public restrooms or to use only single stall or family restrooms out in public.

She is free to not use public restrooms or to use only single stall or family restrooms out in public.

lol...sure. Push the women out of the women's bathroom. I think that is exactly what so many of them are pissed off about.

lol...sure. Push the women out of the women's bathroom. I think that is exactly what so many of them are pissed off about.

She's the one complaining about it that she's uncomfortable. If I'm uncomfortable in a restroom, I wait or use a different one. How hard is that really? No one's "pushing" women out. They're comfort level is on them up to the point where someone actually does something to them. They are choosing their reaction to the situation. Most people don't care. They simply use the restroom and get out.

She's the one complaining about it that she's uncomfortable. If I'm uncomfortable in a restroom, I wait or use a different one. How hard is that really? No one's "pushing" women out. They're comfort level is on them up to the point where someone actually does something to them. They are choosing their reaction to the situation. Most people don't care. They simply use the restroom and get out.

No. Men should not be in the women's restroom, whether in a dress or blue jeans.

Head of the ACLU...an organization that battles for 'equality' came face to face with the insanity that has been forced on women and children and has an epiphany. Holy ****...maybe supporting that Charlotte agenda that was proposed and pimped by a convicted pedophile wasnt such a good idea after all. Response? Throw her under the bus! Heretic! Bigot! Hate monger! Conform or die!!!

No. Men should not be in the women's restroom, whether in a dress or blue jeans.

You have no right to know whether they are a man or not though. So how exactly are going to enforce it?

Well, when the source of the 'woman of grace' is such sites as 'lifesitenews', I strongly suspect things being fake.

I agree. If there are not any legitimate news sites with this story I would go as far to say it is DEFINITELY fake.

An interim director of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), a major proponent of laws protecting gender identity, has resigned after her daughters were frightened by several transgendered men who came into the ladies room they were using at the time.

Although the mainstream media has utterly ignored this story, LifeSiteNews and a few other outlets are reporting on the resignation of Maya Dillard Smith, interim director of the Georgia chapter of the ACLU, over the organization’s involvement in the controversial transgender bathroom debate.

“I have shared my personal experience of having taken my elementary school age daughters into a women’s restroom when shortly after three transgender young adults, over six feet [tall] with deep voices, entered,” Dillard Smith said.

“My children were visibly frightened, concerned about their safety and left asking lots of questions for which I, like many parents, was ill-prepared to answer,” she continued.

snip...

ACLU Director Quits After Daughters’ Bathroom Ordeal | Women of Grace

“I have shared my personal experience of having taken my elementary school age daughters into a women’s restroom when shortly after three transgender young adults, over six feet [tall] with deep voices, entered. My children were visibly frightened, concerned about their safety and left asking lots of questions for which I, like many parents, was ill-prepared to answer"
:doh I get it trying to explain to you boys and girls what it means to be transexual can be a hard task... But, instead of trying to be an adult and attempting to talk about what happened to her daughters or try to look for resources to assist her in such explanation she decided to quit her job. She says her daughters didnt feel safe? There has never been a single case of a trans person attacking anyone in a public restroom.

Back
Top Bottom