• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ACLU Attorney Blames Christians fir Orlando Massacre

There are plenty of things we can blame on the Christian Right and Islamaphobia. This attack is not one of those things.

Amazing what some people will do to get in the news.

What do you expect from an lawyer of the ACLU?

One lawyer out of thousands that work for the ACLU says something stupid and inflammatory and all of a sudden the whole organization is at fault...

One lawyer out of thousands that work for the ACLU says something stupid and inflammatory and all of a sudden the whole organization is at fault...

It's not just that lawyer, it's our idiot for president as well.

It's not just that lawyer, it's our idiot for president as well.

I watched the speech the president gave yesterday and thought it was a good one in the wake of what happened. In fact, I would wager that the vast majority of Americans thought it was. What happened was a tragedy. Blame the evil man who did it, not the president or some nut at the ACLU.

That's the logic we're all supposed to be using today. As a Democrat, you're supposed to be blaming all guns and gun owners. As a Conservative, I'm supposed to be blaming all Muslims.

:roll: Duh... :roll:

Has anyone at the top leadership of the ACLU come out and condemn what Chase Strangio does not speak for them and is wrong?

So yes, until they do, Chase represents the ACLU.

Has anyone at the top leadership of the ACLU come out and condemn what Chase Strangio does not speak for them and is wrong?

The ACLU is not a top down organization. Individual chapters decide which cases they take, positions and so on.

That's the logic we're all supposed to be using today. As a Democrat, you're supposed to be blaming all guns and gun owners. As a Conservative, I'm supposed to be blaming all Muslims.

:roll: Duh... :roll:

I don't blame all guns and gun owners though...

The ACLU is not a top down organization. Individual chapters decide which cases they take, positions and so on.

Nice dodge. Then did the leadership in the chapter she belongs to come out and make a statement that Chase does not represent us?

Care to share a link to prove the ACLU "not a top down organization"?

We've bent over for Muslims all over the world... And we're always to blame.

President Limpwrist has been bending over for Muslims for a long time now.

As for this lawyer, the tone of his comments made me wonder if he is a homosexual himself. If so, it would explain why it makes him so pouty that some Christians refuse to celebrate his lifestyle.

Last edited:
I watched the speech the president gave yesterday and thought it was a good one in the wake of what happened. In fact, I would wager that the vast majority of Americans thought it was. What happened was a tragedy. Blame the evil man who did it, not the president or some nut at the ACLU.

I don't blame the presidenté for the attack... But he said...

"we need the strength and courage to change” our attitudes toward the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community."

That is pointing the fingers in the wrong direction. It was Radicalized Islam, but this clown just can't get the obvious through his teeth, and instead points his finger in OUR direction. The moron.

Nice dodge. Then did the leadership in the chapter she belongs to come out and make a statement that Chase does not represent us?

Care to share a link to prove the ACLU "not a top down organization"?

Do you know anything at all about the ACLU?

This was their official statement, which comes out against hatred and bigotry of any form as a response.

https://www.aclu.org/news/aclu-statement-mass-shooting-gay-nightclub-orlando

Disagreements within the ACLU are common.

Most of the organization's workload is performed by the 53 local affiliates. There is an affiliate in each state and in Puerto Rico. California has three affiliates.[38] The affiliates operate autonomously from the national organization; each affiliate has its own staff, executive director, board of directors, and budget. Each affiliate consists of two non-profit corporations: a 501(c)(3) corporation that does not perform lobbying, and a 501(c)(4) corporation which is entitled to lobby.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_Liberties_Union

Last edited:
I don't blame the presidenté for the attack... But he said...

"we need the strength and courage to change” our attitudes toward the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community."

That is pointing the fingers in the wrong direction. It was Radicalized Islam, but this clown just can't get the obvious through his teeth, and instead points his finger in OUR direction. The moron.

The individual that committed this horrific act was motivated by at least two things.

1. His hatred of gays and lesbians.

2. His relatively recent embracing of radical Islam.

You want to call the president a "moron", but most intelligent people realize that there are often multiple motivations behind horrific acts, and in this case, his hatred of gays and lesbians was a motivating factor along with his embracing radical Islam.

No, sorry, reality simply doesn't work that way, no matter how much that upsets you.

I don't blame all guns and gun owners though...

Well, then, you need to get with the program. You're supposed to be arguing that I shouldn't be allowed to have my AR-15, and I'm supposed to be arguing that you are letting in dangerous Muslims because you hate America / are incompetent / both. Competent or thought-out arguments confuse the purpose, which is to divide again into warring political tribes as rapidly as possible, and each try to marshal tragedy in the crass furtherance of our policy preferences.

Has the ACLU denounced his comment?

The individual that committed this horrific act was motivated by at least two things.

1. His hatred of gays and lesbians.

2. His relatively recent embracing of radical Islam.

You want to call the president a "moron", but most intelligent people realize that there are often multiple motivations behind horrific acts, and in this case, his hatred of gays and lesbians was a motivating factor along with his embracing radical Islam.

Recent or not... It wasn't (fill in the blank... Except for one religion) that motivated his actions... Just as it wasn't (fill in the blank... Except for one religion) for the Madrid Bombings, Boston Bombings, Bali Bombings, Street murder in London, London Bombings, Istanbul Bombings, 911, beheadings of Daniel Pearl and others (a Canadian today btw), Ottawa attack, Ft. Hood, Charlie Hesbo 1, Charlie Hesbo 2, and countless other attacks.

Nope... It wasn't (fill in the blank... Except for one religion)... It was folks from that one religion.

Obama is a moron. And he pointed the finger at us... Instead of Radical Islamists... Which has NEVER passed through his teeth.

This from a guy who said the world would look at us differently... This reads like pure idiocy today, and it was pure fantasyland back in 2007 when he said it:

I truly believe that the day I’m inaugurated, not only the country looks at itself differently, but the world looks at America differently…If I’m reaching out to the Muslim world they understand that I’ve lived in a Muslim country and I may be a Christian, but I also understand their point of view…My sister is half-Indonesian. I traveled there all the way through my college years. And so I’m intimately concerned with what happens in these countries and the cultures and perspective these folks have. And those are powerful tools for us to be able to reach out to the world…then I think the world will have confidence that I am listening to them and that our future and our security is tied up with our ability to work with other countries in the world that will ultimately makes us safer…

Barack Hussein Obama, President of Disney Amerika

He came...
He "reached"...
He Failed.

Last edited:
I saw only a soundbite, but he said (paraphrasing), "It's not a gun issue and it's not an LGBT issue, it's an ISIS issue.", which I found to be surprisingly accurate and neutral.

Do you know anything at all about the ACLU?

This was their official statement, which comes out against hatred and bigotry of any form as a response.

https://www.aclu.org/news/aclu-statement-mass-shooting-gay-nightclub-orlando

Disagreements within the ACLU are common.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_Liberties_Union

Typical broad based response from the ACLU. Not impressed.

So the answer is the chapter in question has not condemned one of their members by making a broad based attack against Christians.

Even your link pretty much goes against your stance of branches being "independent". From your source, "The ACLU is led by a president and an executive director"

So the ACLU does have national leadership and that leadership has not come down on the lawyer who made the statement regarding Christians.

Back
Top Bottom