• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ACLU and activists say North Carolina anti-riot, looting bill is 'racist' and 'anti-BLM'

Thank you for your in-depth and comprehensive rebuttal of my post. It was truly a remarkable insight into your debate and intellectual skills.
That's the best response to gibberish word salad.

The toughest drug laws were enacted by liberal policiticians due to pressure from black organized groups and black activist leaders to clean up their neighborhoods.
There was BIPARTISAN support for some tough drug laws. Show me the list of tough drug laws that mainstream conservatives (not libertarians) refused to vote for. I'll wait....

The list goes on though. Poll taxes and literacy tests didn't specify black people, but were clearly used to disenfranchise black people. It's not hard to find this pattern in US history.

There have always been drug laws, most enacted before there was much interest in Black people. Heroin was declared illegal in 1924, for example.

Not everything is racist but it can be if you're willing to read between the lines hard enough.
"before there was much interest in Black people"??? Jim Crow laws started soon after the Civil War.

Nah, you attempted to throw the race card. What we disagreed on was what it was a reaction to. Quit playing semantic ****ery games.
What with "you people"? No not at all. I just like using it.

Thanks for agreeing anyways

No court has ever ruled you have a right to violently riot and attack people. The Constitution says you have the right to peacefully protest. You're creating a false choice. Also, from what I saw most of the violent protesters in 2020 were alt-left white people. So explain again why you think a law in response to white people rioting is a direct assaults on a BLM.
I didn't argue this at all..

Again you don't know what you are saying..go make up more shit with someone who gives a crap

If you truly think that was a word salad, then you need to work on your reading comprehension.
Word said tossed with stupid sauce and gibberish.
your side is so Orwellian you don’t even realize it. To say that CRT isn’t being taught is like saying preschool is infrastructure. To say teaching that there is systemic racism and that is “history“ is like saying white people are bad, black people are good and picked on snd that is histor.

it is complete utter nonsense

Word said tossed with stupid sauce and gibberish.
your side is so Orwellian you don’t even realize it. To say that CRT isn’t being taught is like saying preschool is infrastructure. To say teaching that there is systemic racism and that is “history“ is like saying white people are bad, black people are good and picked on snd that is histor.

it is complete utter nonsense
"Critical race theory is an academic study at the undergraduate and graduate level that aims to examine the role of racism in the modern era and the ways it has become woven into the social fabric. Academics in the field argue the U.S. has institutionalized a racial caste system."

"Critical race theory is an academic study at the undergraduate and graduate level that aims to examine the role of racism in the modern era and the ways it has become woven into the social fabric. Academics in the field argue the U.S. has institutionalized a racial caste system."
ONE city?

Your response does not address my point. I did not ask you to compare anything to the burning of my house nor did I claim that it is less personal to see my house burnt!
I asked you to compare the looting of Walmart where a criminal steals a TV to the Capitol storming where a criminal tries to invalidate the result of my family's vote. Obviously, you do not want to make this comparison, so you want to change the conversation.
My point stands. It is way more personal to see thus tryin to steal your vote than watching thus tryin to steal another person's or company's TV. So, do not try to equate the reaction that such criminal behaviors will elicit from common people.
Your point ignores that something happening in DC is not more personal than it happening to someone's business or home----DC is not more important than the people in any other part of the country. They just think they are.

Your point ignores that something happening in DC is not more personal than it happening to someone's business or home----DC is not more important than the people in any other part of the country. They just think they are.

I did not talk about those who saw their property damaged. I talked about the vast majority of people who did NOT see their home and business on fire and for these people (at least those who give a shit about the republic) an attempt by thugs to steal their vote is more personal than any crime committed by other thugs against other people or companies.

Just to show the hypocrisy of some posters here

Did you ever feel the need to point out that one of the most lethal demonstrators during the BLM movement were the Boogaloo Guys who were indicted for the death of the police officer in CA?

Really. So you think I need to call out every single crime in the Republican side of the fence before I can call out any violence on the Democrat side of the aisle?

Yeah, that's not going to happen.

If I really need to tell you that I don't support hunting down cops, you aren't worth talking to.

I did not talk about those who saw their property damaged. I talked about the vast majority of people who did NOT see their home and business on fire and for these people (at least those who give a shit about the republic) an attempt by thugs to steal their vote is more personal than any crime committed by other thugs against other people or companies.

We are going to find out legally just how many people are going to be charged for that. My guess is it will be under 20, because most people weren't there for that. Mobs turn in a heartbeat and that was definitely a mob.

Really. So you think I need to call out every single crime in the Republican side of the fence before I can call out any violence on the Democrat side of the aisle?

Yeah, that's not going to happen.

If I really need to tell you that I don't support hunting down cops, you aren't worth talking to.

You need to stop propagating RW conspiracy theories designed to COVER the crimes in the republican side by implying that the FBI was behind January 6th.

We are going to find out legally just how many people are going to be charged for that. My guess is it will be under 20, because most people weren't there for that. Mobs turn in a heartbeat and that was definitely a mob.

This has nothing to do with my point! Read again what I said

It's interesting to see the ACLU believes that BLM organized protests are violent riots. I'm not sure they were supposed to say that out loud though.

ACLU: BLM protests are peaceful expressions of racial justice.

Also ACLU: Any law that charges violent rioters and people who attack first responders as felons is racist and a direct attack on BLM.

This has to be the funniest damn thing I've read all day.
I read their statement, as should you. It seems, if I understand correctly, that their concern is that the proposed law would allow charging people who organize a demonstration but who did not commit or advocate violence with a crime. That seems a very defensive position. It conforms to my experience in organizing back in the day, when crazies we hadn’t invited showed up to do damage.

This has nothing to do with my point! Read again what I said

Your point ignores those people that were harmed by the rioting and looting----I am not letting you ignore them.

You need to stop propagating RW conspiracy theories designed to COVER the crimes in the republican side by implying that the FBI was behind January 6th.
Nope, another misrepresentation from you. I never said they were behind it, I said there are allegations they were embedded in groups that were there.

Keep using it. Demonstrate exactly who you are.
Yeah dude..let me clue you in. You don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. You are attempting to make it something it's not because you need to be a victim..

Good for you..hope it works out for you

Poor snowflakes. They try to rampage at the seat of government of the United States, for the the purpose of killing the Vice President who is presiding over vote counting and trying to kill Members of Congress they don't like -- so they they can illegally install the loser of the election as dictator, and you cry about one of those poor insurrectionists who ended up getting justifiably killed by police. Aint it a shame that a white insurrectionist got herself killed. Too bad you don't show the same sympathy for people fighting for their civil rights.

The difference between how police force is used against blacks and those insurrectionists is stark.

View attachment 67349203
That's quite an overwrought fantasy you've built up there. Are you quite certain, for example. that these several thousand people at the protest were there to kill Mike Pence?

Back
Top Bottom