• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ACLU and activists say North Carolina anti-riot, looting bill is 'racist' and 'anti-BLM'

I didn’t make any such argument
You were whining about a planned march in D.C. and how those attendees should be subject to a N.C. law. Ridiculous.

You were whining about a planned march in D.C. and how those attendees should be subject to a N.C. law. Ridiculous.
You’re reading into my post. My concern is partisan politics. Plenty of people I know hate BLM but consider the Jan 6 rioters patriots. Justice is supposed be blind and applied equally. It’s always wrong when partisanship turns law enforcement into a means of shutting down non violent, protected speech. I don’t want that to happen to Maga or BLM, neither should anti-riot laws be applied unevenly in the case or legit violent rioting. Freedom of speech and how parties treat it locally should be a national issue, so despite you trying to act like I don’t comprehend state laws and twisting my views, I know better.

You’re reading into my post. My concern is partisan politics. Plenty of people I know hate BLM but consider the Jan 6 rioters patriots. Justice is supposed be blind and applied equally. It’s always wrong when partisanship turns law enforcement into a means of shutting down non violent, protected speech. I don’t want that to happen to Maga or BLM, neither should anti-riot laws be applied unevenly in the case or legit violent rioting. Freedom of speech and how parties treat it locally should be a national issue, so despite you trying to act like I don’t comprehend state laws and twisting my views, I know better.
Why would this law be applied unevenly? All rioters would be treated the same.

Why would this law be applied unevenly? All rioters would be treated the same.
I am voicing my concerns and distrust of partisanship. This country is divided. I am concerned. Again, I know a lot of people who pretty much think BLM is a anti Christian and pro Communist movement hellbent on murdering them, but the Jan 6 incident was a bunch of patriots. It’s cute you have your head in the sand and everything, but I don’t. There are real problems in this country with political violence and political division, conspiracy theories, lying, etc., and more Qanon style rallies are planned. If any violence happens again, I inspect the same Republican senators to call them another peaceful group of tourists, etc.

I am voicing my concerns and distrust of partisanship. This country is divided. I am concerned. Again, I know a lot of people who pretty much think BLM is a anti Christian and pro Communist movement hellbent on murdering them, but the Jan 6 incident was a bunch of patriots. It’s cute you have your head in the sand and everything, but I don’t. There are real problems in this country with political violence and political division, conspiracy theories, lying, etc., and more Qanon style rallies are planned. If any violence happens again, I inspect the same Republican senators to call them another peaceful group of tourists, etc.
It seems that North Carolina is taking a stand against those violent people and increasing the penalty for their actions. Maybe you are hoping more states would be like that.

It seems that North Carolina is taking a stand against those violent people and increasing the penalty for their actions. Maybe you are hoping more states would be like that.
Again, it’s cute you have you head in the sand and dismiss my concerns for America and everybody’s rights.

Whenever ACLU makes a claim about civil rights, I pay extra attention because they have a record of fighting legislation by both republicans and democrats. People should recall that when Obama was pushing "red flag" gun restrictions, the ACLU opposed the bill as being too broad and believed that would harm the 2ns amendment righits of people stiggmatized with some mental problem. So, anybody who claims that the ACLU has a pro-black or proggessive agenda should not rush to conclusions.
I didn’t see a link from FOX to the full statement by the ACLU. Seems to me a news organization with its resources could have provided that.

Back after checking: found a link to their statement when an NC bill (not sure it is this one) was considered some weeks or months back. I assume FOX could have discovered this as well and provided that background, rather than quoting one organizer. But it is FOX, after all. The ACLU’s concern, as expressed in the document, was that people who organized a demonstration but did not engage in or suggest violence that occurred could be sentenced to years in prison. That seems a legitimate concern of a civil liberties organization. I have been to more than one peaceful demo where some crazies showed up towards the end to smash windows and loot. Cops often seemed to understand the difference between the two groups, if the NC legislature doesn’t grasp it, and didn’t bust organizers.

Last edited:
I didn’t see a link from FOX to the full statement by the ACLU. Seems to me a news organization with its resources could have provided that. Then again it’s FOX. Some people claim they have an ax to grind on some issues.

That was exactly one of the issues I pointed at the original poster. It is intellectually dishonest to make judgments about the position of any group based on how others present the views of that group.

A realnews organization can easily provide the link, A spin machine like FOX cannot

The laws should apply to the Maga rioters. They are planning another DC rally next month. The craziest ones are upset that Trump isn’t being reinstated.
When next month?

First, Trump and his various calls to violence is the one who was rejected by us 80 million. Didn’t stop him from influencing others to commit violence afterwards, according to some. Second, somehow I think there is more to the Pelosi kneeling pic than what you say…. Oh, I checked. I think they were kneeling in the memory of a guy you may have heard of, George Floyd. It seems that a cop kneeled on his neck for a bit and he died. It was in all the papers. Cop got convicted and is in jail.

Last edited:
When next month?
I saw a flyer on Twitter. I don’t remember the exact date but it’s at the Capitol, and it’s about Trump not being reinstated.

First, Trump and his various calls to violence is the one who was rejected by us 80 million. Didn’t stop him from influencing others to commit violence afterwards, according to some. Second, somehow I think there is more to the Pelosi kneeling pic than what you say…. Oh, I checked. I think they were kneeling in the memory of a guy you may have heard of, George Floyd. It seems that a cop kneeled on his neck for a bit and he died. It was in all the papers. Cop got convicted and is in jail.

For the record, I voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016. I voted for Joe Biden in 2020. I hate Trump. George Floyd had several felony convictions, and several illegitimate children he did nothing to support. I do not think there as any value in him at all.

I saw a flyer on Twitter. I don’t remember the exact date but it’s at the Capitol, and it’s about Trump not being reinstated.
Aw geez… Guess i gotta spend days searching chat logs then lol. That is if the hogs are stupid enough to still share their plans.

Again, it’s cute you have you head in the sand and dismiss my concerns for America and everybody’s rights.
I'm not too concerned about the right of violent looters to not be put in prison. America would be better off with less violence.

You are free to debate your view with them since I will not try to speak on behalf of them. And obviously such debate requires also some research regarding the application of riot laws in North Carolina. All I am saying is that you oversimplify the issue if you present sarcastically as an issue of whether or not people believe in attacking riot and looting "it seems pretty logical to me that an attack on rioting and looting is an attack on BLM"
The remark was cynical, perhaps, but not sarcastic.

Distilled down to its ideological core, BLM is a divisive, implacable social wrecking ball, founded and sustained by people who look outward rather than inward for the origin of every personal grief, and in so doing make themselves enemies of peace, fairness, and respect between the races.

There is a kernel of truth in their complaints against the police. Yet the movement itself is so polluted by the ideas of ethnocentrism, neo-Marxism, Alinskyism, and CRT that it's little more than a banner under to which to threaten, accuse, riot, and issue unfair demands.

Hence when I say "an attack on rioting and looting is an attack on BLM", I'm being quite sincere. Rioting and looting are the hallmarks of BLM, and any laws aimed at dissuading the criminality associated with BLM is going to impact the movement itself. The police know this. So do the legislators. So do the politicians supporting the movement and the ACLU lawyers, even though none would directly admit it.

The laws should apply to the Maga rioters. They are planning another DC rally next month. The craziest ones are upset that Trump isn’t being reinstated.
Last i looked, the FBI is cracking down on the "MAGA rioters" from the attack on the Capitol.

The remark was cynical, perhaps, but not sarcastic.

Distilled down to its ideological core, BLM is a divisive, implacable social wrecking ball, founded and sustained by people who look outward rather than inward for the origin of every personal grief, and in so doing make themselves enemies of peace, fairness, and respect between the races.

There is a kernel of truth in their complaints against the police. Yet the movement itself is so polluted by the ideas of ethnocentrism, neo-Marxism, Alinskyism, and CRT that it's little more than a banner under to which to threaten, accuse, riot, and issue unfair demands.

Hence when I say "an attack on rioting and looting is an attack on BLM", I'm being quite sincere. Rioting and looting are the hallmarks of BLM, and any laws aimed at dissuading the criminality associated with BLM is going to impact the movement itself. The police know this. So do the legislators. So do the politicians supporting the movement and the ACLU lawyers, even though none would directly admit it.
There appears to be a certain symmetry between the attacks on both BLM and the MAGA crowd as rioters and not much else. There’s more to both groups than that.

The ACLU and activists are slamming a North Carolina anti-rioting bill that would increase penalties for rioting or looting as "racist" and "anti-Black Lives Matter" "This bill HB805 is racist. It’s an anti-Black Lives Matter bill," attorney Dawn Blagrove of the activist group Emancipate NC told WNCN. House Bill 805 was sponsored by Republican North Carolina Speaker of the House Tim Moore after Raleigh saw riots last summer as protests and riots swept the country following the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

No.....just, no.
Critical thinking and common sense has completely vanished when a law aimed at rioting and looting is deemed "racist" or "anti BLM"......no one who has even a casual relationship with reality would make or defend that statement
It's interesting to see the ACLU believes that BLM organized protests are violent riots. I'm not sure they were supposed to say that out loud though.

ACLU: BLM protests are peaceful expressions of racial justice.

Also ACLU: Any law that charges violent rioters and people who attack first responders as felons is racist and a direct attack on BLM.

This has to be the funniest damn thing I've read all day.

Last edited:
The ACLU and activists are slamming a North Carolina anti-rioting bill that would increase penalties for rioting or looting as "racist" and "anti-Black Lives Matter" "This bill HB805 is racist. It’s an anti-Black Lives Matter bill," attorney Dawn Blagrove of the activist group Emancipate NC told WNCN. House Bill 805 was sponsored by Republican North Carolina Speaker of the House Tim Moore after Raleigh saw riots last summer as protests and riots swept the country following the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

No.....just, no.
Critical thinking and common sense has completely vanished when a law aimed at rioting and looting is deemed "racist" or "anti BLM"......no one who has even a casual relationship with reality would make or defend that statement
It's the ACLU and the "Activists" who are the racists by identifying looting with skin color. Not all Black people are looters.

They can't even prove it's racist or anti-BLM. They're just flapping their gums per reflex action. Automatically associating "anti-riot bill" to "RACISM!!!" without a shred of proof.

Does it mention Black people specifically?
Does it mention BLM specifically?
Does it mention any BIPOC specifically?

If you, the ACLU and other "activists", answered "No", then you just proved your own damn foolishness. Now shut your race-baiting pieholes!
The ACLU needs their riots to continue to stay relevant.

It's the ACLU and the "Activists" who are the racists by identifying looting with skin color. Not all Black people are looters.
Only the Democrat ones. The ones who are affected by white privilege and can't find a job after not graduating from high school because......whitey.

Back
Top Bottom