• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ACHTUNG!!! German Compared to Other Languages

OK.....Germany......I've spent a little time in Germany and found the people to be pleasant and welcoming.......unless you're Chinese. Every other country I go to (except Italy) has a Chinese restaurant on every damned corner but Germany....you might need to drive 30 miles (50 Kilometers for you damned Germans) to find a Chinese restaurant. I mean, the Germans probable like Chinese folk just fine but there's no damned way you're going to find a Chinese restaurant....same for the Belgians....and the French....and the Russians. Come to think of it, what the hell is is with Europeans and Chinese restaurants...especially Italy? I mean, hell! You had Marco polo WALK something like 30,000 miles to Beijing but can I find a Chinese restaurant in Venice? HELL NO!!

But the Germans.....no freaking Chinese restaurants anywhere! You ask a German "Where can I get some Kung Pao Chicken?" and you know what they tell you? They say "London".

Another thing about Germany.....if you ever get lost there (because all their damned streets were made by some idiot chasing a damned donkey around!) you'll find out that every doggone street ends at a soccer stadium (football for you damned Euro's). Not half of them or 75% of them but every damned one! You get off the autobahn and you're guaranteed to get lost but sure as hell, in 3 minutes you'll be at the freaking "fussball stadium". Well what the hell!? All I want is some damned Kung Pao Chicken and all I get is "fussball".

For Pete's sake, I've been lost in Honduras and sure as hell there's a Chinese restaurant in the middle of town. Mexico City...same thing. Dar es Salaam? Chinese restaurant! Mumbai, India? Chinese restaurant (Mongolian beef not available)! Berlin......one freaking Chinese restaurant and all they have is Kung Pao Schnitzel!!!!

.....damned Germans........

Damn Lutherf, I am snorting coffee here man! You should put a warning on your rant, not to be eating or drinking while reading it. I nearly died!!! Great rant by the way.:cool:

It was Like a drunken old world themed amusement park. They had everything from roller coasters to old school carnival games.

The beer was pretty unbelievable as well. It basically tasted like alcoholic soda.

I had a mug or two and wound up drinking with a group of Russian guys (who actually admitted to being Israeli after a few more beers) and some Italian girls for the rest of the afternoon. We got pretty wasted. :lol:

It was actually kind of funny how paranoid the Israelis were about being in Germany. I basically had to tell them "it was a long time ago guys, I'm pretty sure you're safe." :lamo

Ah yes great beer, helping people have sex, and smoothing international relations since the beginning. Gots to love it.

I find all prejudice extremely offensive and the polar opposite of "cool"..................I'll assume you are a juvenile....................

Go drink some beer it will lighten your outlook on life, and get you laid which you seem need.

Oh then get lost. Nobody cares what you think anyway.

I was going to jump in, but you have the situation well in hand with Mr. Bonzai buzz kill kamikaze. Excellent work as usual.

I was going to jump in, but you have the situation well in hand with Mr. Bonzai buzz kill kamikaze. Excellent work as usual.

Kind of strange that he'd get that worked up over something so trivial in the first place.

He's got a name based off of a WW2 Japanese infantry tactic, and a prickly soft spot for ze vaderland. Hmmmm.... I wonder if he's ever been to Brasil. :lol:

Thank you! :)

Go lay down in the street. I'm sure someone/thing will do you....................

Why? Is that how you get laid? :lamo You could probably drive a car up that . . . . . . . .

Hilarious videos :lol:

I went to Germany a few weeks ago. It was my first time out of the country, and Germany was a great place. First we went to Regensburg, then Munich. I really liked Regensburg - nice, quaint town with cobble roads. You could walk anywhere you wanted to go, and there were great cafes and small restaurants to visit. The 1200-year-old cathedral was very cool, with stained glass providing just the right amount of lighting. I'm an atheist, but I found the inside of the church to be very relaxing.

Munich was also nice, although not quite as good as Regensburg. The public transportation was great (they used the honor system), so no driving was necessary. The weird thing was that, since the city was heavily bombed during WWII, almost all of the old buildings were actually rebuilt. Still a cool place.

The main problem was that I saw a grand total of zero water fountains throughout my stay. Not at airports, not at museums. In fact, at a restaurant you'd have to buy bottled water rather than getting it from the tap. Apparently tap water wasn't potable until fairly recently in Europe, so bottled water became very popular.

I didn't go anywhere. Eventually, little girls grow up and realize little ******s don't rule the world...................Must be tough, I guess...................

Yes you did. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom