• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ACHTUNG!!! German Compared to Other Languages

OK.....Germany......I've spent a little time in Germany and found the people to be pleasant and welcoming.......unless you're Chinese. Every other country I go to (except Italy) has a Chinese restaurant on every damned corner but Germany....you might need to drive 30 miles (50 Kilometers for you damned Germans) to find a Chinese restaurant. I mean, the Germans probable like Chinese folk just fine but there's no damned way you're going to find a Chinese restaurant....same for the Belgians....and the French....and the Russians. Come to think of it, what the hell is is with Europeans and Chinese restaurants...especially Italy? I mean, hell! You had Marco polo WALK something like 30,000 miles to Beijing but can I find a Chinese restaurant in Venice? HELL NO!!

But the Germans.....no freaking Chinese restaurants anywhere! You ask a German "Where can I get some Kung Pao Chicken?" and you know what they tell you? They say "London".

Another thing about Germany.....if you ever get lost there (because all their damned streets were made by some idiot chasing a damned donkey around!) you'll find out that every doggone street ends at a soccer stadium (football for you damned Euro's). Not half of them or 75% of them but every damned one! You get off the autobahn and you're guaranteed to get lost but sure as hell, in 3 minutes you'll be at the freaking "fussball stadium". Well what the hell!? All I want is some damned Kung Pao Chicken and all I get is "fussball".

For Pete's sake, I've been lost in Honduras and sure as hell there's a Chinese restaurant in the middle of town. Mexico City...same thing. Dar es Salaam? Chinese restaurant! Mumbai, India? Chinese restaurant (Mongolian beef not available)! Berlin......one freaking Chinese restaurant and all they have is Kung Pao Schnitzel!!!!

.....damned Germans........

Maybe. Don't let the fact that you are totally incapable of rectifying the problem make you feel "inadequate"...........just saying................

:rofl

You need to get OUT more!

OK.....Germany......I've spent a little time in Germany and found the people to be pleasant and welcoming.......unless you're Chinese. Every other country I go to (except Italy) has a Chinese restaurant on every damned corner but Germany....you might need to drive 30 miles (50 Kilometers for you damned Germans) to find a Chinese restaurant. I mean, the Germans probable like Chinese folk just fine but there's no damned way you're going to find a Chinese restaurant....same for the Belgians....and the French....and the Russians. Come to think of it, what the hell is is with Europeans and Chinese restaurants...especially Italy? I mean, hell! You had Marco polo WALK something like 30,000 miles to Beijing but can I find a Chinese restaurant in Venice? HELL NO!!

But the Germans.....no freaking Chinese restaurants anywhere! You ask a German "Where can I get some Kung Pao Chicken?" and you know what they tell you? They say "London".

Another thing about Germany.....if you ever get lost there (because all their damned streets were made by some idiot chasing a damned donkey around!) you'll find out that every doggone street ends at a soccer stadium (football for you damned Euro's). Not half of them or 75% of them but every damned one! You get off the autobahn and you're guaranteed to get lost but sure as hell, in 3 minutes you'll be at the freaking "fussball stadium". Well what the hell!? All I want is some damned Kung Pao Chicken and all I get is "fussball".

For Pete's sake, I've been lost in Honduras and sure as hell there's a Chinese restaurant in the middle of town. Mexico City...same thing. Dar es Salaam? Chinese restaurant! Mumbai, India? Chinese restaurant (Mongolian beef not available)! Berlin......one freaking Chinese restaurant and all they have is Kung Pao Schnitzel!!!!

Hilarious rant Luther! :lol:

:rofl

You need to get OUT more!

No. You need to realize that the English speaking people's stock trade of "funnies" is just a sign of how messed up the English speaking peoples have become............Or, did I go over your head with that ?.....................

I was fortunate enough to land a rental car that came with GPS, so I didn't have too much trouble getting around. Though, if we're being honest, parallel parking an American style SUV on cramped little European streets did turn out to be a massive pain either way regardless. :lol:

I sadly didn't get a chance to try too much in the way of "authentic" local cuisine. Every time I asked one of my taxi drivers to take me to a "German restaurant," they'd wind up dropping me off in front of something ridiculous like a subway.

If I hadn't happened to blunder upon some random Beer Garden while touring the grounds around Heidelberg castle, I might've very well gone the whole trip without even getting to taste German food.

The Turkish parts of a couple of the cities I visited also turned out to be pretty scary. I almost got jumped by a bunch of Iraqi guys at a Turkish brothel that my Middle Eastern taxi driver basically duped me into visiting.

Thankfully, I was able to convince them that I was Canadian, so I made a pretty clean get away. :mrgreen:

No. You need to realize that the English speaking people's stock trade of "funnies" is just a sign of how messed up the English speaking peoples have become............Or, did I go over your head with that ?.....................

Blah, blah, blah. As if I take anything you say seriously. Now quit messing up the thread and get lost.

I was fortunate enough to land a rental car that came with GPS, so I didn't have too much trouble getting around. Though, if we're being honest, parallel parking an American style SUV on cramped little European streets did turn out to be a massive pain either way regardless. :lol:

I sadly didn't get a chance to try too much in the way of "authentic" local cuisine. Every time I asked one of my taxi drivers to take me to a "German restaurant," they'd wind up dropping me off in front of something ridiculous like a subway.

If I hadn't happened to blunder upon some random Beer Garden while touring the grounds around Heidelberg castle, I might've very well gone the whole trip without even getting to taste German food.

The Turkish parts of a couple of the cities I visited also turned out to be pretty scary. I almost got jumped by a bunch of Iraqi guys at a Turkish brothel that my Middle Eastern taxi driver basically duped me into visiting.

Thankfully, I was able to convince them that I was Canadian, so I made a pretty clean get away. :mrgreen:

A beer garden at a castle huh? Sounds pretty touristy.

Blah, blah, blah. As if I take anything you say seriously. Now quit messing up the thread and get lost.

I'm not "messing up the thread", I called you out on your prejudices and you don't like that anyone did..............................

I'm not "messing up the thread", I called you out on your prejudices and you don't like that anyone did..............................

Look Bonzai! A *****! :lamo

2361184-scared-looking-himalayan-*****-cat-looking-off-to-the-side.jpg

I knew that would get rid of him in a hurry! :2razz:

On a serious note, I've discovered that the best idea when visiting a place that's new to you is to just dive right in and try to enjoy the local culture as much as possible. Hit up the little bakeries and sandwich shops and just try to speak the language and the locals will take to you like you were solid gold. You might only understand 3 out of every 10 words they're saying but as a rule they'll treat you right and show you a good time local style. It beats the hell out of tour busses and taxis.

I've been lost as hell in Germany and Italy and during that time have been treated to some of the best vacation I've ever had. Between what they can speak of english and what you can speak of their language it all seems to work out and if you get drunk enough you can actually start to understand them better!!:lol:

I knew that would get rid of him in a hurry! :2razz:

I didn't go anywhere. Eventually, little girls grow up and realize little ******s don't rule the world...................Must be tough, I guess...................

Pretty much. There was a gift shop with commemorative beer steins right next door. :lamo

That kind of sucks IMO. I'd rather see a castle that is historically accurate.

I visited for a couple of weeks back in 2011 and went to Octoberfest. I also spent a weekend in Paris, though I honestly preferred Germany.

The country's very clean, and the people tend to be pretty friendly towards Americans on average.

German women also happen to be insanely hot, which certainly didn't hurt my opinion of the place either. :lol:

I very much agree, after living there.

I didn't go anywhere. Eventually, little girls grow up and realize little ******s don't rule the world...................Must be tough, I guess...................

God, I could say something here but then I'd be in so much trouble. Wanna take this to the basement? :2razz:

God, I could say something here but then I'd be in so much trouble. Wanna take this to the basement? :2razz:

I don't want to be anywhere with you, baby, because you don't have the right equipment..........Must suck to be you..................

That kind of sucks IMO. I'd rather see a castle that is historically accurate.

Aside from the sections of the castle that they had converted into museums and gift shops, it was fairly accurate. About a quarter of the thing was actually blown up as a result of a war in the 16th Century.

There was also a 400 year old beer keg that was roughly the size of a two story building in the basement. :lol:

I don't want to be anywhere with you, baby, because you don't have the right equipment..........Must suck to be you..................

Are you trying to put the moves on me Bonzai? ;)

Aside from the sections of the castle that they had converted into museums and gift shops, it was fairly accurate. About a quarter of the thing was actually blown up as a result of a war in the 16th Century.

There was also a 400 year old beer keg that was roughly the size of a two story building in the basement. :lol:

I guess they liked their beer. :lol:

Anyway, sorry for messing up your thread. I'm heading out now! Have a good one! :2wave:

I guess they liked their beer. :lol:

Anyway, sorry for messing up your thread. I'm heading out now! Have a good one! :2wave:

No problem. There's nothing wrong with a good cat fight every now and then. :mrgreen:

Take it easy Chris. :2wave:

pretty hillarious.

sad though because all the languages commo in europe are derived or influenced by latin,the german dutch and nordic languages seem the be the most loosely tied though.whereas spanish and italian are almost too similiar to latin.

Good morning, Lutherf. :2wave:

That was one of the funniest posts I've ever read! :lamo: It's a good thing I didn't see it till this morning, because I doubt I could have stopped laughing long enough to get some sleep! I wish I could give you a million likes! :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom