• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Ace of Cakes' CANCELED!

The Giant Noodle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The Food Network has had their fill of "Ace of Cakes" -- TMZ has learned the show will be canceled after this upcoming season.

1119-ace-of-cakes-ex.jpg

A rep for the Food Network tells us, "All good things must come to an end, and the final season of Ace of Cakes will begin on-air in January."

As for Duff -- the star baker -- we're told Food Network is "currently in the process of developing new show concepts for him."

The Food Network has had their fill of "Ace of Cakes" -- TMZ has learned the show will be canceled after this upcoming season.

1119-ace-of-cakes-ex.jpg

A rep for the Food Network tells us, "All good things must come to an end, and the final season of Ace of Cakes will begin on-air in January."

As for Duff -- the star baker -- we're told Food Network is "currently in the process of developing new show concepts for him."

That's a shame. I liked Ace of Cakes. Well, there's still Cupcake Wars, and Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.

I think Duff.... over the years has become a joke.
He just doesnt do anything except give his opinion. Meh

Duff has a MENSA I.Q. He'll be better used by Food Network somewhere else I hope. :bon_voyag:

I prefer to watch Cake Boss. They're crazy over there with his family.

All these pastries, cakes, anything dessert-related ... so very good. Just wish I could reach in and sample some of them. No taste-a-vision yet.

I really haven't watched Food Network since new episodes of "Good Eats" haven't been made and old episodes of "Iron Chef" haven't been aired.

Doesn't sound like my bag. The only food-based show I like to watch deals with Adam trying to eat stuff so hot, it would melt the tires on a Buick.

I love Food Network. Gipper I bet you would enjoy that new show about tailgaiting. It is pretty good.

I never cared for the show. I figure that if you are going to make a cake then the only thing on it that should not be inedible is the birthday candles. Its like making a cheeseburger using real meat and putting on TOFU cheese or some other fake crap on it.

Sad to hear that news. “Ace of Cakes” just inspires me to make our own wedding cake. It might not happened if I had not watched the show. I've heard that the reality show will be back next year for the final season and I'll make sure that I won't miss all the episodes.:)

Last edited:
First, my wife and I love Food Network but never really got into ACE. The cupcake show also pretty much leaves me just shrugging my shoulders.

A question for my fellow Food Network foodies out there: how man restaurants have you been to operated by FN celebrity chefs? And which was the best?

First, my wife and I love Food Network but never really got into ACE. The cupcake show also pretty much leaves me just shrugging my shoulders.

A question for my fellow Food Network foodies out there: how man restaurants have you been to operated by FN celebrity chefs? And which was the best?

None. Im in CHicago and I dont think there is ONE place here owned by one of the Chefs. Ive been to a few places that was on Diners driveins and dives...... and I was NOT impressed by any of them.

Awww....I liked that show.

I cannot stand the Cake Boss. Why does everyone on the show have to yell when they talk?? Ugh.

What DOES Duff do? :confused: Ive seen him do SOME work but that just driving around the Country laughing like a school girl.

None. Im in CHicago and I dont think there is ONE place here owned by one of the Chefs. Ive been to a few places that was on Diners driveins and dives...... and I was NOT impressed by any of them.

In the midwest - Ohio and Michigan you have some Michael Symon places that are really good.
And Chicago has lots of places with contestants on Iron Chef.
And in Chicago you have Rick Bayless place downtown which was terrific when I was there in September - one of the best Mexican meals I have ever had.

In the midwest - Ohio and Michigan you have some Michael Symon places that are really good.
And Chicago has lots of places with contestants on Iron Chef.
And in Chicago you have Rick Bayless place downtown which was terrific when I was there in September - one of the best Mexican meals I have ever had.

Rick Bayless? I dont remember him... I shall Google. :)

Rick Bayless? I dont remember him... I shall Google. :)

here you go

Rick Bayless & Frontera News: Gourmet Mexican Cooking - Rick Bayless | Frontera

he has three restaurants all in a row downtown on Clark. One is a walk in and is like his version of fast food. The other two are fancier sit down places where you need reservations most nights. We came into town on a Friday and tried to get a reservation and were told we could get something in six to eight weeks. However, 1/3 of the tables are saved for walk in traffic. I think the time was 5:30 when they open the doors to take the walk-ins. We got there just after five and there were at least 20 parties ahead of us. We got a table for 8:30 . came back at 7:30 had a drink at the bar and they called us just before 8 pm. It was one of the best Mexican meals I have ever had and I will go back the next time I am in town. For two of us for an appetizer, two dinners and four drinks, it was just under $100.00. I considered it to be a bargain for what we got.

here you go

Rick Bayless & Frontera News: Gourmet Mexican Cooking - Rick Bayless | Frontera

he has three restaurants all in a row downtown on Clark. One is a walk in and is like his version of fast food. The other two are fancier sit down places where you need reservations most nights. We came into town on a Friday and tried to get a reservation and were told we could get something in six to eight weeks. However, 1/3 of the tables are saved for walk in traffic. I think the time was 5:30 when they open the doors to take the walk-ins. We got there just after five and there were at least 20 parties ahead of us. We got a table for 8:30 . came back at 7:30 had a drink at the bar and they called us just before 8 pm. It was one of the best Mexican meals I have ever had and I will go back the next time I am in town. For two of us for an appetizer, two dinners and four drinks, it was just under $100.00. I considered it to be a bargain for what we got.

That sounds VERY good. How was the ambiance and service?

That sounds VERY good. How was the ambiance and service?

If you go on the weekend expect it to be very crowded with the bar area three and four deep with little room to move. In the restaurant area the tables are a tad on the small side for two people. The service was very good and the waiter helpful with some suggestions. By wife and I are both foodies. When we go out to eat in a new town she always wants to hit a new place where we have not gone before. She enjoyed this so much she said we must go back next time we are in town.

If you are ever within 100 miles of Cleveland you must hit Michael Symons restaurants. We asked for something that he designed himself on the menu and they brought us these dates wrapped in bacon to begin the meal. Now I am not a date person but these were to die for. They were so good that we had another order for dessert. They then emailed us the recipe when we asked for it. Symon was not there but his mother was and she was wonderful.

If you are in Vegas be sure to hit Mesa Grill in Caesars owned by Bobby Flay. We have eaten there three times and it was great every time. The first time we had no reservation so we sat at the bar and ate there. We ordered four or five appetizers and drinks. Next to my wife was an older gentleman with a silver beard. He was by himself and the bartender seemed to know him. When they brought our first dish, he expressed interest in it and my wife takes a bread plate and gives him some. She does this with every dish we get and he soon is talking to us like old friends although he has this accent and is a bit hard to understand at times. He thanks us for a great evening and leaves and we have some dessert and ask for the check. The bartender says the other gentleman picked it up. Turns out it was the husband of Celine Dion who was performing at the hotel in that special arena built just for her. True story.

The food was terrific.

Back
Top Bottom