• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Accused Russian spy Maria Butina appears to reach plea deal

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Maria Butina, an accused Russian spy who nuzzled up to the National Rifle Association before the 2016 election, appears to have reached a plea deal with the Justice Department, according to a new court filing in her criminal case.

I found this article hilarious. No, not the facts, just that.......

Butina's case at first appeared to allege she attempted to do just that -- with prosecutors suggesting she offered sex to gain political access and sought out Trump campaign officials. But prosecutors later admitted they made an error in interpreting the text messages they used as evidence to support their claim that she was trading sex for access, drawing a rebuke from the judge overseeing the case.

This was on the web site of Channel 69. Just sayin'. :mrgreen:

Accused Russian spy Maria Butina appears to reach plea deal - WFMZ

Holy Smocking Gun, Batman!

An actual Russian spy is going to testify

I believe that will be on Wednesday. I'll be tuning in.

I found this article hilarious. No, not the facts, just that.......

Butina's case at first appeared to allege she attempted to do just that -- with prosecutors suggesting she offered sex to gain political access and sought out Trump campaign officials. But prosecutors later admitted they made an error in interpreting the text messages they used as evidence to support their claim that she was trading sex for access, drawing a rebuke from the judge overseeing the case.
[ -- "Government erred in claiming accused Russian spy Maria Butina offered to trade sex for political access," September 2018]

This was on the web site of Channel 69. Just sayin'. :mrgreen:

Accused Russian spy Maria Butina appears to reach plea deal - WFMZ
Red:
Although you found something "hilarious" about the article, I found something encouraging about it: prosecutors made and error and the fact of their having done so.

That heartened me because though one's not making mistakes is preferred, I can't forbear folks who make mistakes, have their mistakes shown (not declared; shown) to them, and nonetheless deny having made the mistake(s). People who "own" their errors are people of some decent measure of integrity, and they are thus folks with whom one can reason and whom one can trust.

If she committed crimes on US soil, she should pay a price. Not simply deportation back to Russia.

Sentence and hold her as a swap possibility.

Red:
Although you found something "hilarious" about the article, I found something encouraging about it: prosecutors made and error and the fact of their having done so.

That heartened me because though one's not making mistakes is preferred, I can't forbear folks who make mistakes, have their mistakes shown (not declared; shown) to them, and nonetheless deny having made the mistake(s). People who "own" their errors are people of some decent measure of integrity, and they are thus folks with whom one can reason and whom one can trust.

That error is old news. She has agreed to plead guilty long after that came out. The question now is whether or not she is going to spill information. The answer will come when the prosecutor recommends sentencing to the judge.

That error is old news. She has agreed to plead guilty long after that came out. The question now is whether or not she is going to spill information. The answer will come when the prosecutor recommends sentencing to the judge.

I noticed the reference/story is "old." That's part of why I had no qualitative remarks to offer about the core matter the quoted rubric article reports.

She reminds me of the girls that would go on business trips with wealthy donors in order to "keep their clients happy." Oh the secrets she knows...She may have a future on RT.

Or FOX News. LOL.

The NRA thought she was just fine...She easily infiltrated that group of Gun Nuts......She needs to talk...

If she committed crimes on US soil, she should pay a price. Not simply deportation back to Russia.

Sentence and hold her as a swap possibility.

If she's going to talk, I doubt she'll want to be sent back to Russia just to "accidentally" fall out of a high window.

If she's going to talk, I doubt she'll want to be sent back to Russia just to "accidentally" fall out of a high window.

With rings on her fingers, and bells on her toes, and knife in her back, ho, ho, Merry Christmas.

Or FOX News. LOL.

More Collusion. Seems like all it takes is some free ***** to get a bunch of dirty old men to travel to Moscow against ethical, and normal regulations...

arranged for NRA leaders to travel to Moscow; and bragged that she was a channel between Team Trump and the Kremlin, as The Daily Beast first revealed.

People implicated in this mess include:

• Scott Walker
  • Donald Trump Jr
  • NRA chief Wayne LaPierre
  • Bobby Jindal
  • Rick Santorum
  • former NRA president David Keene

Maria Butina Pleads Guilty, Agrees to Cooperate With U.S.

Yep. The NRA is nothing but a Russia Front. Time to let it go down the drain, along with the rest of the platform.

DuEQkUpW0AEsVEh.jpg

As an added bonus.....

Dj91zRYWsAAFf74.jpg:large

Russian Maria Butina, who has now pleaded guilty of being a foreign agent, with Donald Trump Jr. at a 2016 dinner hosted by the NRA.

Red:

Meanwhile the source of their "error" is understandable. Have you seen her "boyfriend"? He's nearly twice her age.

Meanwhile the source of their "error" is understandable. Have you seen her "boyfriend"? He's nearly twice her age.
Red:
I have seen her BF. I couldn't care less about the difference in their ages. Interpersonal pair-bond relationships wherein adults other than myself (or in some cases, my kids) are not among the parties to them are not my business, most especially not as go the age differential between/among the parties to those relationships.

Holy Smocking Gun, Batman!

An actual Russian spy is going to testify

If Maria Butina is an actual Russian spy reckon why she wasn't charged under the Espionage Act and just under The Foreign Agents Registration Act ??

If Maria Butina is an actual Russian spy reckon why she wasn't charged under the Espionage Act and just under The Foreign Agents Registration Act ??

Because the Espionage Act only covers spying on the military, which she did not spy on

Because the Espionage Act only covers spying on the military, which she did not spy on

So, failure to register under The Foreign Agents Registration Act makes one a spy ??

What was it Maria Butina was spying on again ??

6. The RUSSIAN OFFICIAL is a Russian citizen and a high-level official in the Russian
government. The RUSSIAN OFFICIAL was previously a member ofthe legislature ofthe Russian
Federation and later became a top official atthe Russian Central Bank. TheRUSSIAN OFFICIAL
directed BUTINA's activities in furtherance of the conspiracy.
7. U.S. Person 1 is a United States citizen and anAmerican political operative. BUTlNA
estab]ished contact with U.S. Person 1 in Moscow in or around 2013. U.S. Person 1 worked with
BUTINA to jointly arrange introductions to U.S. persons having influence iu American politics,
including an organization promoting gun rights (hereinafter "GUNRIGHTS ORGANIZATION"),
for the purpose ofadvancing the agenda ofthe Russian Federation.
8. U.S. Person 2 is a United States citizen who was included among the participants in
a series of email communications in 2016 and 2017 that reveal BUTINA's efforts to arrange a
series of dinners in the District ofColumbia and New York City involving Russian nationals and
U.S. persons having influence in American politics (hereinafter "friendship and dialogue
dinners"). BUTINA told U.S. Person 2 thatthe RUSSIAN OFFICIAL was "very much impressed
by you" and that "the Russians will support the efforts from our side."
9. The Ministry ofForeign Affairs of the Russian Federation (MFA) is the Russian
government agency with primary responsibility for the Russian Federation's foreign relations and
foreign policy.

Here is the rest, https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/1080766/download

Back
Top Bottom