• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Acceptable interview procedures?

Infinite Chaos

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Never really thought about this before (I've heard about the "casting couch" interview process -so I ain't naive) but this story made me wonder where the imaginary line is drawn on what is acceptable.

Mr Bacon has been looking for work since gaining his degree in documentary, film and TV from the University of South Wales in July.He said he was finding the process "extremely hard" because so many people were job hunting.
After finding out he had an interview for a sales assistant role at Currys Megastore in Newport Road, he was told he would have five minutes to talk to interviewers about his hobbies.
So, armed with photographs to highlight his love of astronomy, he went to the group interview on Tuesday.
But he said he was left "incredulous" as the group was told it was being split into two, with each having to make up a dance.

--snip--

Another middle aged guy looked really upset as he danced to a rap song.

So.. I know there was a US version of "the Office" but this may have not crossed over the Pond

Where are your limits? :mrgreen:

With a degree in that, you should be prepared to jump through any hoop asked.

Yeah, that wouldn't fly in the US. Prospective employers can't ask about religion, health issues, age, national origin, plans to start a family, whether or not the interviewee has children, etc.

Yeah, that wouldn't fly in the US. Prospective employers can't ask about religion, health issues, age, national origin, plans to start a family, whether or not the interviewee has children, etc.

I had a guy ask me in an interview when I was 20 , if I'd planned on having children.

I told him, "you aren't supposed to ask me that". He got instantly red and dropped it.

I wound up not getting the job. Big surprise.

I had a guy ask me in an interview when I was 20 , if I'd planned on having children.

I told him, "you aren't supposed to ask me that". He got instantly red and dropped it.

I wound up not getting the job. Big surprise.
I am surprised. I think he wanted a date.

Back
Top Bottom