• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Abramoff Money Went Solely To Republicans

RightatNYU said:
Your link is not creditable to me, sorry. It's a far right wing blog site that posts without any true credentials to back up their claims AND more importantly the site uses these keys words as it lists Democrats:

"In Abramoff Linked Cash"

That is so very different than getting cash directly from Traitor Jack, you know? Republicans like AHOLE DeLay took lots of money directly from Abramoff, not from "linked cash."

Plus, in reality until the process plays out we will not know exactly the extent of the evilness that Abramoff perpertrated, will we?

On Sunday on The McClaughlin Group extreme Right Wing Wash. Times Columnist and editor Tony Blakely said that he thinks ONLY Republicans will be indicted, that no Democrats will be caught up in the scandal.

He also said that this scandal is the worst one he has witnessed in his lifetime, far worse than ABSCAM et al. Now this is a guy who is an ardent Republican supporter, no one has ever accused him of ever siding with Democrats.

I take his evaluation for what it is, his insider opinion. Hell, if he thinks it's only Republicans why would any of us here in this community claim to know otherwise?

26 X World Champs said:
Your link is not creditable to me, sorry. It's a far right wing blog site that posts without any true credentials to back up their claims AND more importantly the site uses these keys words as it lists Democrats:

That is so very different than getting cash directly from Traitor Jack, you know? Republicans like AHOLE DeLay took lots of money directly from Abramoff, not from "linked cash."

Plus, in reality until the process plays out we will not know exactly the extent of the evilness that Abramoff perpertrated, will we?

On Sunday on The McClaughlin Group extreme Right Wing Wash. Times Columnist and editor Tony Blakely said that he thinks ONLY Republicans will be indicted, that no Democrats will be caught up in the scandal.

He also said that this scandal is the worst one he has witnessed in his lifetime, far worse than ABSCAM et al. Now this is a guy who is an ardent Republican supporter, no one has ever accused him of ever siding with Democrats.

I take his evaluation for what it is, his insider opinion. Hell, if he thinks it's only Republicans why would any of us here in this community claim to know otherwise?

I have always said this is a Republican scandal, but please people, Jack is not the only devil out there, and all funds need to be justified, ALL FUNDS!:roll:

26 X World Champs said:

1. Look at this site:

http://www.capitaleye.org/abramoff_recips.asp?sort=R

Its the Center for Responsive Politics, a subset of opensecrets.org, which I'm sure you're familiar with for their unbiased reporting of factual records. It's all verifiable.

2. You're completely missing the point. YES, all the money (all 300,000 over 12 years) given by Abramoff himself, was given to republicans. Unfortunately for you, that money was donated legally.

The money that is in question is the 4,600,000 that was given through these fraudulent Indian groups. THAT money was given to both reps and dems. So where abramoff's personal money went doesn't matter a bit, because that's not the issue.

The left keeps trying to sidetrack this issue by making that argument, despite its completely hollow basis.

RightatNYU said:
1. Look at this site:

http://www.capitaleye.org/abramoff_recips.asp?sort=R

Its the Center for Responsive Politics, a subset of opensecrets.org, which I'm sure you're familiar with for their unbiased reporting of factual records. It's all verifiable.

2. You're completely missing the point. YES, all the money (all 300,000 over 12 years) given by Abramoff himself, was given to republicans. Unfortunately for you, that money was donated legally.

The money that is in question is the 4,600,000 that was given through these fraudulent Indian groups. THAT money was given to both reps and dems. So where abramoff's personal money went doesn't matter a bit, because that's not the issue.

The left keeps trying to sidetrack this issue by making that argument, despite its completely hollow basis.

Don't waste your time sir, Hipster still has stars in his eyes, he had dinner with Dean, hence he is God, and he, and anyone connected with him, be guilty of anything!:roll:

Oh, you poor partisan sheeple. Why do you keep electing these special interest lapdogs. Perhaps you should vote for an honest third-party or independent candidate who isn't corrupted by their party.

independent_thinker2002 said:
Oh, you poor partisan sheeple. Why do you keep electing these special interest lapdogs. Perhaps you should vote for an honest third-party or independent candidate who isn't corrupted by their party.

Right. So I should vote for a candidate who will be impotent and quickly become as corrupt as any other politician.

Show me one good third party candidate.

RightatNYU said:
Right. So I should vote for a candidate who will be impotent and quickly become as corrupt as any other politician.

Show me one good third party candidate.

"Good" is subjective. You should research for yourself what you consider to be a "good" candidate. Or you can vote for the status quo. If corruption is ok with you, keep voting for it.

"Good" is subjective. You should research for yourself what you consider to be a "good" candidate. Or you can vote for the status quo. If corruption is ok with you, keep voting for it.

I'd rather not waste my time researching completely unviable candidates. I'm well aware of who I vote for, and I'm happy with it. Are they the best possible? No. Is it the best option? Yes.

RightatNYU said:
I'd rather not waste my time researching completely unviable candidates. I'm well aware of who I vote for, and I'm happy with it. Are they the best possible? No. Is it the best option? Yes.

Be a lemming then. That is what you are doing by following the masses. That is your definition of "viable", "who would everyone else vote for?"

Be a lemming then. That is what you are doing by following the masses. That is your definition of "viable", "who would everyone else vote for?"

Right. Well, best of luck to you.

The Abramoff Contribution Plan:

So, who got all that money Jack was spreading around???

Democratic Senate Campaign Committee: $423,480

Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee: $354,700

Republican Congressional Campaign Committee: $498,000

Republican Senate Campaign Committee: $436,500

Looks like a pretty balanced contribution plan to me.

Source.

This source goes on to note that on the Senate Committee on Indian Affairs, Dems got $$55,250 and Dems got $39,850.

oldreliable67 said:
The Abramoff Contribution Plan:

Source.

This source goes on to note that on the Senate Committee on Indian Affairs, Dems got $$55,250 and Dems got $39,850.

So the Dems got a toal of 951,000? Why not just say that? Why break it into two numbers?

Pacridge said:
So the Dems got a toal of 951,000? Why not just say that? Why break it into two numbers?

The point was to isolate those on the Indian Affairs Comm., since the largest part of the money came from Indian tribes.

Back
Top Bottom