• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Above Ukraine, a Cold War Spy Plane Is Finally Tracking a Russian Invasion

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Three decades after its first mission, one of the most capable American spy planes is finally doing the job it was built for: tracking Russian forces as they invade eastern Europe. The E-8C Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar System, or JSTARS, has spent its career flying missions from Desert Storm to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. But in recent months, the plane has flown near the Russian border. “It was designed in response to the Soviet threat in Eastern Europe, almost exactly what's happening right now,” an Air Force official said. The unarmed, heavily modified Boeing 707 uses its belly-mounted radar to watch a nearly 20,000-square-mile area. Its crew of Air Force and Army battle managers analyze and process the radar pictures, which are then sent to commanders.
The E-8C, along with RC-135 Rivet Joint, RQ-4 Global Hawk drone, and others have been seen by aircraft spotters over and around Ukraine.

Pentagon officials first came up with the idea for a JSTARS plane in the 1970s, but it wasn’t until the early 1980s when the Air Force and Army created a joint program. Instead of buying a plane new from the factory, used Boeing 707 airliners were converted into E-8Cs. “It was basically designed to give the [Army] brigade-level commander real-time information of what [tank] columns were doing, to keep him from getting out-flanked,” the Air Force official said. Earlier this month, the Air Force retired the first E-8C, one of four planes Congress gave the service permission to retire this year, which will leave one dozen still flying. Air Force officials want to replace the E-8C with the Advanced Battle Management System, a network of satellites and other tracking sensors.

No doubt US intelligence assets have also been busy intercepting Kremlin communications and Russian military transmissions.

Like last week's BS ?
What do you imagine Moscow is doing with its satellites ?
Recording every piece of US BS as they did last week .

They know exactly how the CIA run False flags which are invariably amateur and laughable --- the Syrian chemical attacks which the CIA actually ran with CNN filming spring to mind .

I would laugh if Russia knocked out the US satellites and the US were forced to send up a plane in order to try and salvage something from yet another debacle .

Like last week's BS ?

They know exactly how the CIA run False flags which are invariably amateur and laughable --- the Syrian chemical attacks which the CIA actually ran with CNN filming spring to mind .

I would laugh if Russia knocked out the US satellites and the US were forced to send up a plane in order to try and salvage something from yet another debacle .

The U.S. (and most other nations for that matter) do not do "False flag" operations.

Attacking another nations satellites would be an act of war.

The Cold War ended more than 30 years ago so calling a J Stars a "Cold War" spy plane is inaccurate.

The U.S. (and most other nations for that matter) do not do "False flag" operations. etc etc
I have seen some remarkable posts on this old person's chat site and you win some sort of prize for the above .

One of the more interesting if disgusting things about following America and its intelligence agencies is the number of False Flags they use just about everywhere in the world. Other brands also available

For some strange reason they never get matters right or they simply realise that the number of Gullibles and Sheeple are so great that they can get away with just about anything . For a time .

Until the Critical Thinkers expose them ,however long it takes .

I have seen some remarkable posts on this old person's chat site and you win some sort of prize for the above .

One of the more interesting if disgusting things about following America and its intelligence agencies is the number of False Flags they use just about everywhere in the world. Other brands also available

For some strange reason they never get matters right or they simply realise that the number of Gullibles and Sheeple are so great that they can get away with just about anything . For a time .

Gawd you're a hoot!

The Cold War ended more than 30 years ago so calling a J Stars a "Cold War" spy plane is inaccurate.

It was developed during the Cold War, specifically for the Cold War.

The first two were introduced in 1991, just as the USSR was dissolving (no one could have forcast that development).

Like last week's BS ?

How much do you get paid to post your bullshit?

One of the more interesting if disgusting things about following America and its intelligence agencies is the number of False Flags they use just about everywhere in the world.

Prove it with sources that are unbiased and verifiable.

No doubt US intelligence assets have also been busy intercepting Kremlin communications and Russian military transmissions.

I went to high school with a guy who flew on those. He obviously never said shit about it.

Like last week's BS ?

Do you honestly think that anyone takes the utter garbage you post seriously.

I hired when you simply make things up I am not surprised you come to such stupid conclusions.

All bullshit aside, if we get involved, I still have over a year left on the retired reserve, during which I can get called back to Active Duty. :oops:

They can't suck me back in anymore. I am old and busted.

We have lots more up there, U2's, drones. RC-135V, RC-135U, RQ4 Global Hawk, MQ-9 Reaper, even the ancient P3 Orion, (aka the Lockheed Electra), P-8A Poseidon, RC-12X...etc.

We have lots more up there, U2's, drones. RC-135V, RC-135U, RQ4 Global Hawk, MQ-9 Reaper, even the ancient P3 Orion, (aka the Lockheed Electra), P-8A Poseidon, RC-12X...etc.

I love your personal quote under your avatar. I almost got killed by a mariachi band once.

I love your personal quote under your avatar. I almost got killed by a mariachi band once.
Its a line from a great Warren Zevon song.

A pity we don't have a squadron of B-52s flying over Russia...

Thanks Trump!

FMaljPGVIAE3PWD

Back
Top Bottom